Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 05:01 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Morally they do.
Not in my morals they don't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 05:01 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
In Virginia Planned parenthood requires a trans-vaginal ultrasound before they'll perform an abortion anyway (for medical reasons.)
Exactly!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:02 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Atlanta, GA Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Average$525Chicago, IL Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Average$550Dallas, TX Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Average$490Houston, TX Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Average$525Los Angeles, CA Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Average$600Miami, FL Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Average$550New York, NY Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Average$625Philadelphia, PA Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Average$575Phoenix, AZ Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Average$500Washington, DC Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Average$525Transvaginal Ultrasound Cost Comparison | NewChoiceHealth.com

According tothe above link, the cost of a TV ultrasound around the country is anywhere between $490 and $625.

The regular ultrasound is running $100-$200 cheaper unless you live in Washington DC where it is extremely expensive for some reason:

Ultrasound of Fetus Cost Comparison | NewChoiceHealth.com

That doesn't hit my list of "unexpensive".

As for the pap test, I don't enjoy it. It actually is uncomfortable (not painful but odd feeling) when the swab hits the cervix but I endure it because it is the only way for now to screen for cervical cancer. It is a test that has a purpose.

A pre-abortive ultrasound is only medically necessary in certain circumstances and that would be up to the discretion of the doctor and what HE feels he needs in order to safely do a procedure.

A state government-ordered ultrasound is not my idea of medically necessary.

Now, for argument's sake, lets say women started dying after abortions because the doctor was botching them up due to not being able to see what he needed to see. I could then see the government stepping in and saying "Hey, in order to make this procedure SAFE for the patient, it's a good idea to do this procedure beforehand because it will save X amount of lives."

Old 03-16-2012, 05:02 PM

569 posts, read 671,795 times
Quote:
This procedure is much more accurate than an abdminal sonogram and that is why it is used pre-abortion. No, it isn't more expensive either. It is relatively unexpensive. It isn't much different than getting your annual pap test. Humiliating? It would be pretty humiliating to undergo an abortion IMO. Just because a middle aged Republican man presented this bill doesn't mean squat. Stop turning this into a "hate white conservative men thing" just because you obviously have no use for the Republican party. An agenda is pretty clear here.
My agenda is keeping men, who will never require an abortion, from making women undergo useless procedures to placate prolifers. Yes, my agenda is pretty clear. I am for women being the stewards of their own healthcare and having a say against useless procedures. Your agenda is clearly that of a prolifer who is trying to make others feel badly for making a choice that you deem unseemly. If an abortion is humiliating why pile on more humiliation for no useful reason?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Morons? Is that what you call civil debate? I don't agree with you but I certainly wouldn't call you a moron.
Im not referring to people in this debate, rather the politicians passing said laws

Old 03-16-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
No different than the instrument they insert for a pap test. Why would it be against their will when there is a medical reason for this procedure? It is much more accurate than an abdominal sonogram during pregnancy.
Because for the last time, IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO DETERMINE THE AGE OF THE FETUS NOR MEDICALLY NEEDED. You have a hard time with this basic concept don't you?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
In Virginia Planned parenthood requires a trans-vaginal ultrasound before they'll perform an abortion anyway (for medical reasons.)
Care to back them up with data from planned parenthood? And if you use some right wing right to life site i will not even read it.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I doubt that it would be as painful as an actual abortion.
And abortion is less painful than childbirth, so let's be sure to mandate that THAT is pointed out to women who ask for an abortion, is that your point? Let's force women to watch an actual abortion procedure and an actual birth, vaginal and ceserean.....so they REALLY have all of the facts before they make a decision, shall we? LOL

The point is.... a transvaginal sonogram is an UNNECESSARY procedure.

How about instead of a digital prostate exam, we mandate a rectal sonogram.....not because it is needed.....but just because some politican thinks it would be a good idea. Oh....and while we're at it.....you pay for that mandated, unnecessary, sonogram probe out of your own pocket too.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Not in my morals they don't
I honor the ten commandments...Thou shalt not kill. Those are my morals.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:14 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly!
If it's a medical necessity, why is there need for a law requiring it?

Just another case of the right's hypocrisy, "We need less government except when it suits our agenda"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies