Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 07:38 AM

504 posts, read 457,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
No, not because they are white. Because they have already proven that they are either the most incompetent police force since Barney Fife pinned on a badge or else they are the deliberately dishonest by covering up for a murderer.
Zimmerman is now an afterthought in my mind.
If the cops let him walk ---Someone will get him
If he goes to Jail--- Someone will get him

My main focus now is the coverup from the responding cops all the way up to the States Attorney. This is now my concern. Allowing them to cover this up in this manner sets precedence and allows for this to happen again and again. Clearly SYG does not apply to Zimmerman but they are WILLFULLY IGNORING EVIDENCE to cover for Zimmerman....

I want all Law Enforcement involved heads on a stick!!!!

Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,694,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's not about being superior. We're just normal our brains are not infected with the plantation culture of self hate and degradation.
The irony..............the irony.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,162,003 times
[quote=EdwardA;23532984]
Quote:

According to Zimmerman he had lost Trayvon was walking back to his truck when Trayvon jumped him from behind. The wound to the back of his head as described in the police report lends credance to his story.

As far as I know Americans are not compelled to follow the directions of a lowly paid 911 dispatcher.

He had been sucessful in assisting the police apprehend other criminals who were preying on the community, most of whom were wait for it.....Black.

What you think every case is an OJ trial? My guess is his injuries led them to believe that Zimmerman's story was plausible. In hindsight they probably should have done a more thorough job though.

It was read the report.

I need a link for that. Haven't heard that one.

Maybe they didn't feel like it. I don't know. Is this standard police operating procedure?

You've already asked this question in the same post see above for response.

Yes because you don't want the criminal to get away. The police will take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to arrive more than enough time for a thug to make their escape. Although following from a distance if one chooses to follow is advisable.

I don't know but I suspect it protects someone who is in the process of being pummelled in the face while someone is on top of them.

Was he convicted?

Doesn't make sense to you, it makes sense to me. Either way thankfully we have a constitution and professionals who are well versed in the law who can work to make an appropriate determination of facts.
Too bad that the police department has none of the forensic eveidence to offer up to the "professionals" to make the "determination" easier to get to. You don't seem to find that a bit odd...do you?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
That's a fair response perhaps. Or you could just take the beating. You could man-up and fight back. Plenty of peole have survived a butt whipping without resorting to deadly force. However, if you created the situation that caused the attack to occur, lawyer up and be ready to post a manslaughter defense.
And enjoy your impending and ensuing time in the pokey........

Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, from all I have read.....this is really looking like self-defense on Zimmerman's part.

The tv, radio and much of the internet is reporting half-truths and outright lies.....pushing an agenda.

I think that they are going to send Zimmerman away even if it is unjustified according to law and the facts. The Government needs to do so...........or..............well, another LA RIOTS is a very real possibility.
yeah.......them skittles sure are dangerous - if you're a diabetic - which, from the looks of him, Zimmerman certainly could have been.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,162,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, from all I have read.....this is really looking like self-defense on Zimmerman's part.

The tv, radio and much of the internet is reporting half-truths and outright lies.....pushing an agenda.

I think that they are going to send Zimmerman away even if it is unjustified according to law and the facts. The Government needs to do so...........or..............well, another LA RIOTS is a very real possibility.
Care to share the source?

Old 03-23-2012, 08:03 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,920,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
yeah.......them skittles sure are dangerous - if you're a diabetic - which, from the looks of him, Zimmerman certainly could have been.
If a dude is on top of you pounding your face and head into the sidewalk.....would you say something like...

"Hey, man up, the dude had a bag of SKITTLES in his pocket"

Nobody has yet to answer why the candy is significant in this story. It's being used as a bludgeon. Just like the constant posting of the dudes grammar school pictures.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Why, because they're white, what if they were all black, would you believe them then?

I think others have answered the first question already (thanks LML and Evanstar). To answer your second question, if they were black and did the same thing, I would not believe them. If everything here was reversed and the person killed were white and the police department were mostly black and had a history if issues with whites, would you believe them?

Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,159,247 times
I think the Beer Summit sums up why Obama won't weigh in on the Martin case.

As much as I dislike the President, i'm 100% convinced that he's personally embarrassed for his actions involving the black professor and white police officer, including the initial comment as well as the public beer party he had in the back yard of the White House. I'd bet a million dollars that he himself winces when he thinks back to that rookie mistake and how he handled it.

He's staying away from the Martin case. That's my take on it.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
No, not because they are white. Because they have
Quote:
already proven that they are either the most incompetent police
force since Barney Fife pinned on a badge or else they are the deliberately dishonest by covering up for a murderer.
By whom, the forum members here who know oh so well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies