Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:32 AM

435 posts, read 1,521,124 times

Advertisements

Everybody loves to post about that evil Bush and the coming "War on Iran". Let me ask you:

-Where were you when Clinton bombed Kosovo?

-Where were you when Clinton bombed Iraq?

-Where were you during the early days of the Vietnam conflict?

-Where were you during all of Regan's excursions?

-Where were you during Rawanda, The Congo Civil War, Somalia, Ivory Coast and other African atrocities?

-Why is it America shouldn't have nuclear weapons, but Iran can?

-Where were you with blaming Clinton for 1993 WTC bombing, or the embassy bombings, or the USS cole?

-Why didn't you accuse the Clinton administration of fear mongering when we found out Al-Quida plots to blow up tunnels in NY, LAX, and other assorted plots during the 1990s.

-How come you don't complain about NAFTA or Clinton letting China into the WTO?

Why?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 12:38 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
-How come immigrants leave wonderful, colorful, vibrant nations of caring neighbors, so they can travel to racist, xenophobic, mean-spirited places where the locals mistreat them?....

Old 09-22-2007, 12:46 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,916 times
Would you like some cheese with that whine? Bush is already rated as right in the middle to the lower half of all presidents in U.S. history. Your party nominated him. Deal with it. He will have ruined your party's chances for national hegemony for years to come.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:55 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,770,102 times
If a liberal responds we'll probably get an infraction.

In general I agree with the opening post to the extent that it's fair and doesn't negate the criminal activity on the right. Both sides are guilty. Same as those of us who participate in this forum. But whoever is in power tends to make it look like "the other guy" is the bad guy. Notice how Bush uses the word "evil" to describe what we're fighting? He says the same things that Osama bin Laden says, the primary difference being that they serve different "gods." I'm with Christopher Hitchens in the title of his new book: God Is Not Great.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:55 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,549,537 times
I suppose I should note upfront that I am not really a liberal, but the nimrod retards who think in their Liberal / Conservative view of the world try to paint me and many others that way.

So here you go.

Everybody loves to post about that evil Bush and the coming "War on Iran". Let me ask you:

Thinking he was a retard who should have just lightly armed the local Muslims to take of the Serbs.

Thinking that it was too bad that the hitman did not get their target while he was picking up his $50 million (and more) kickback in Kuwait.

Crapping in my diapers. I wish to thank all the adults who changed me back then, and also thank, in advance, any youngsters who are so tasked when I am old and (even more) senile.

Donald Regan? Or do you mean Ronnie Raygun?

-Where were you during Rawanda, The Congo Civil War, Somalia, Ivory Coast and other African atrocities?

While I was still active, no less? Thankfully staying way away from all that crap -- thank you non-globalists, non-interventitionists who still held some sway in the US back then.

Who said that?

I am OK with US having them, but we did get a little (a LOT) carried away with building so many. And I think it is good thing the Pentagram disconnected Bush's push button thingy without telling him.

I am OK wiith Iran and nukes. Actually it is Israel who seems a little too wacky to be playing with those things.

-Where were you with blaming Clinton for 1993 WTC bombing, or the embassy bombings, or the USS cole?

Clinton, as Bush were just part of it. I read OBL's statements in 1992, before all that begin and thought OBL's demands were actually pretty sensible and reasonable at the time and would have foregone all the mess that has happened since, as well in being the US national interest -- for review:

1. US Troops out of Saudi -- Amen.
2. Stop harming Muslim children with bombs and blockades -- Amen.
3. Stop trying to destroy their local culture with our Corporate Wh#redom -- Amen.
4. Stop shipping weapons to Israel to bomb the locals. -- Amen.

-Why didn't you accuse the Clinton administration of fear mongering when we found out Al-Quida plots to blow up tunnels in NY, LAX, and other assorted plots during the 1990s.

I was actually writing DARPA, etc., proposals to defend against US civilian aircraft being used as weapons against US. Same stuff that Condi Rice later lied to the nation saying they had no concept something like 9-11 could happen.

Clinton and the R (Contract on America) Congress were both in on NAFTA. As for me, I was a Perotista. (Completely anti-NAFTA) But more to the point why is the US in WTO?

Larger question? While we are playing this silly Liberal / Conservative game -- Why in the world do YOU think YOU are a Conservative? From your line of questioning, you sound more like a Globalist, Republicrat, Corporate Empire of America type of sell-out. Nothing Conservative in that. But that is a just a quick observation.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:03 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,770,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briarwood View Post
I was scratching my head, wondering if it was a wise choice of action. Didn't know enough. Same with Iraq. It's easy to see that it was a bad decision now, but at the time I was on the fence about it because the issue was too complex and I don't have access to classified intel.
Quote:
Wondering what he was doing.
Quote:
Probably in my crib. By the time I was 11, I was old enough to start protesting the war, and LBJ was president. No bias.
Quote:
I presume you mean "Reagan" --- I was an activist supporting the revolutionary movements in central America against the corporate-sponsored dictatorships propped up by the US Government.
Quote:
I was in the USA, unable to do anything. What's your point???
Quote:
Who said that should be the case? I've never once heard, in my entire life, anyone who supports letting Iran arm themselves with nukes while disarming the USA, other than some Islamist radicals and Iranians. Where are you getting this bizarre impression of what you call "liberals"?
Quote:
I didn't blame him for those attacks and I don't blame Bush for 9/11. Maybe I'm not the liberal you were hoping to ambush.
Quote:
HUH? I don't even know what you're talking about now. Who are you talking to?
Quote:
Look at the record. Liberals mostly opposed NAFTA and the WTO.

Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by jco; 09-22-2007 at 04:55 PM..

Old 09-22-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Larger question? While we are playing this silly Liberal / Conservative game -- Why in the world do YOU think YOU are a Conservative? From your line of questioning, you sound more like a Globalist, Republicrat, Corporate Empire of America type of sell-out. Nothing Conservative in that. But that is a just a quick observation.
Actually, far from. I'm a Union-supporting, Public Transit riding, Al Gore fan, Anti-draft, pro-legal immigration, anti-offshoring fiscal conservative.

But my point is that I'm tired of people ****ting on America while prasing every evil under the sun.

Not everyone is a stereotype.....

Old 09-22-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Montara View Post
Quote:

I would like to end with a question for Briarwood. Why has the US government grown at its greatest rate since Roosevelt and WWII under the stewardship of the Republicans?
[+] Rate this post positively

Becuase Bush is a scumbag who betrayed the American people. That's why.

And Hilary is going to be better? If neither Kuncinich or Ron Paul are on the ballot, I'm staying home.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:50 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,549,537 times
Quote:
Actually, far from. I'm a Union-supporting, Public Transit riding, Al Gore fan, Anti-draft, pro-legal immigration, anti-offshoring fiscal conservative.

But my point is that I'm tired of people ****ting on America while prasing every evil under the sun.

Not everyone is a stereotype.....

hmmm, that is a mix I could live with . . . Well, except the Algore thing -- just too phoney, and I voted for Ralph Nader.

But since you get the fakery of it all -- what is up the whole Conservative / Liberal routine anymore? Something like Coke v. Pepsi? Same sewer-colored poison sugar water in different bottle labels trying to pretend there is a difference?

Old 09-23-2007, 03:34 AM

76 posts, read 209,345 times
Just take the first one: I don't know where the "liberals" were, but Trent Lott as leader of the Senate was very vocal about how it felt it was a mistake to prevent the mass murder of these folks. At that time, the GOP was opposed to all intervention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies