Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I call BS on that one. It doesn't matter and shouldn't matter, but if he was a republican, it would be a main focus from the left, and to them it would most definitely matter and be argued how it's relevant to the case.
BS on what? That one of the most partisan RW posters on CD posted that Zimmerman is a Democrat?

And to repeat, you don't know what the response would have been if someone had posted that he's a Repub. Period. Each post takes on its own life here. It could have been considered significant, or not.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:01 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
This is so striking. 99% of the righwing in this country blame Trayvon. Give zimmerman every benefit of the doubt available and then still claim they are color blind Its so obvious that this is what happens on every level in every organization in this country. The black guy is at fault always. The only difference between the nbpp and the tea party is that one of them doesn't hide that they are racist.
Who the blame lies with depends on the truth, which we may never know. If Zimmerman's statement is true, then TM IS at fault. The question is whether or not Zimmerman's account is the truth. It needs to be tried in a court, with ALL of the evidence brought forward. The justice system has to work. Just because people aren't willing to condemn Zimmerman over what they've "heard" doesn't mean they're defending him or are racist. But we only have one side of the story, which everyone knows in a situation like this there are two totally different stories from each side, and the truth is somewhere in the middle. I think both of them contributed to the situation, but I personally believe (that's believe, not KNOW) that it wasn't necessary to shoot TM. I think TM got pissed that Zimmerman was following him, confronted him, a fight broke out, Zimmerman got his ass kicked, got pissed and pulled his gun after TM let up (which I think is why TM screamed, after he saw the gun), and Zimmerman fired in the heat of the moment. But that is PURE SPECULATION. The autopsy should show where the both were when the gun was fired. I think the Sanford PD totally screwed this up, and that there should have been a thorough investigation before Zimmerman was released. There should be a trial, and the jury should decide, not the public, and not the media.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Who the blame lies with depends on the truth, which we may never know. If Zimmerman's statement is true, then TM IS at fault. The question is whether or not Zimmerman's account is the truth. It needs to be tried in a court, with ALL of the evidence brought forward. The justice system has to work. Just because people aren't willing to condemn Zimmerman over what they've "heard" doesn't mean they're defending him or are racist. But we only have one side of the story, which everyone knows in a situation like this there are two totally different stories from each side, and the truth is somewhere in the middle. I think both of them contributed to the situation, but I personally believe (that's believe, not KNOW) that it wasn't necessary to shoot TM. I think TM got pissed that Zimmerman was following him, confronted him, a fight broke out, Zimmerman got his ass kicked, got pissed and pulled his gun after TM let up (which I think is why TM screamed, after he saw the gun), and Zimmerman fired in the heat of the moment. But that is PURE SPECULATION. The autopsy should show where the both were when the gun was fired. I think the Sanford PD totally screwed this up, and that there should have been a thorough investigation before Zimmerman was released. There should be a trial, and the jury should decide, not the public, and not the media.
Yeah its not telling that an entire group that has at best questionable feelings about certain people just happen to all blame Trayvon and take every little thing that helps zimmerman and swallows it big bass style. Like I said the only difference between the nbpp and the tea party is one group admits that it is racist.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,789,276 times
Shame Shame Shame ..Spike Lee tweets Zimmermans address.. & it is wrong. Elderly couple is forced to move from their home!!

This is what happens when people don't wait for the facts

Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,640 times
Quote:
Yeah its not telling that an entire group that has at best questionable feelings about certain people just happen to all blame Trayvon and take every little thing that helps zimmerman and swallows it big bass style. Like I said the only difference between the nbpp and the tea party is one group admits that it is racist.
So how can you condemn people for thinking that all blacks are a certain way and in the same breath turn around and say that everyone in the Tea party is a racist?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
This is so striking. 99% of the righwing in this country blame Trayvon. Give zimmerman every benefit of the doubt available and then still claim they are color blind Its so obvious that this is what happens on every level in every organization in this country. The black guy is at fault always. The only difference between the nbpp and the tea party is that one of them doesn't hide that they are racist.

Zimmerman looks like a Mexican to me. Do you think anyone in Utah could claim him as a third cousin? So I have no idea what dope you are on. Maybe Asians all look the same to you. Who knows?

It has nothing to do with it. Its the media trial that irks me. Its a lynch mob. I just finished watching a media lynching go wrong and the political hay that some people are trying to make out of is not making me happy. Lots of people die every day for really stupid reasons and not a peep, so we are not saving any lives here. On the other hand we have lots of potential for reactionary violence.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Shame Shame Shame ..Spike Lee tweets Zimmermans address.. & it is wrong. Elderly couple is forced to move from their home!!

This is what happens when people don't wait for the facts
Couple should sue Spike Lee. I'm sure he can afford the "pain and suffering" he honestly did cause them.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
So how can you condemn people for thinking that all blacks are a certain way and in the same breath turn around and say that everyone in the Tea party is a racist?
I am certainly not a tea party supporter but the utter crap being spewed here is nauseating.

Does Clarence Thomas or Herman Cain ring a bell? The Tea party just loves them.

Most white people seem to love blacks. You have Oprah, Bill Cosby, Samuel Jackson , Will Smith etc. The US just voted in a black president and still someone isn't getting the message.

The only thing that is still lingering is fear. People associate crime with black neighborhoods so they basically afraid. Blacks are not dealing with hate primarily. They are dealing with fear. That is what this case is all about, fear of black crime.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:53 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I am certainly not a tea party supporter but the utter crap being spewed here is nauseating.

Does Clarence Thomas or Herman Cain ring a bell? The Tea party just loves them.

Most white people seem to love blacks. You have Oprah, Bill Cosby, Samuel Jackson , Will Smith etc. The US just voted in a black president and still someone isn't getting the message.

The only thing that is still lingering is fear. People associate crime with black neighborhoods so they basically afraid. Blacks are not dealing with hate primarily. They are dealing with fear. That is what this case is all about, fear of black crime.
Would any of you white liberals walk down the street in a black high crime neighborhood where there are drive by shootings?

Now why am I asking that question? Because in the white neighborhoods we don't have drive by shootings .

Blacks have earned their reputations over the years of acting like hoods. They shoot each other! So why is it that they call whites racists when the blacks have earned their reputations and even black leaders like Sharpton don't tell the blacks to get themselves straight and stop the violence and crime!

We have some black leaders like Cosby, and others that tell the blacks they are the problem. Get to the root and stop crying racism because people are afraid of what the blacks are up to.

When black people are afraid to live in their own neighborhoods , don't blame the whites for having the same fear!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:56 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,547 times
Quote:
This is so striking. 99% of the righwing in this country blame Trayvon. Give zimmerman every benefit of the doubt available and then still claim they are color blind
We're waiting for all the facts before condemning Zimmerman. He killed Martin, that's not in dispute but with all the conflicting reports flying out of Florida it's hard to know what to believe. The media keeps showing photos of Treyvon as a child when he was nearly a legal adult when this happened. The entire thing is being manipulated to spark outrage at his murder before the facts are all in.

The thing is, Zimmerman is being targeted regardless if he's guilty or not. Protests are being formed. His (incorrect though) address was posted on Twitter. The whole thing is being used to drum up racial outrage and it's being exploited for political points by politicians all the way up to the White House.

What ever happened to guilty until proven innocent? If Zimmerman is found guilty, of course lock that guy away. But we need to follow the rule of law; instead those shouting the loudest are encouraging mob rule and could incite even more violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies