Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 01:21 PM

121 posts, read 199,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Self explanatory.
1. I don't think they could afford it.

2. How many children have you adopted?

Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
IMO, there's no difference between people who support abortion and people who oppose universal health care. Both are willing to see people die if it comes to that in order to avoid getting the government involved.
I am glad to see that you understand that abortion is about killing people.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Ah the typical rightwing non-answer I was expecting.

First in order to buy insurance you need 2 things.

1. Money
2. An insurable interest

Fetuses don't have money and generally the only other people who might have an insurable interest are the parents and possibly grandparents...a.k.a. the people who would be deciding whether there is an abortion.

So basically this "abortion insurance," if available, would provide an incentive for abortion, but I guess you geniouses never figured that one out.

Furthermore even in the case that a fetus somehow got money and had the sophistication required to purchase a policy, I seriously doubt they would be able to designate a beneficiary and even if you allowed the fetus' estate to be the beneficiary take a wild guess who would get the money in many cases under the rules of intestate succession...(hint it would be the person who is authorizing the abortion which, again, makes this an incentive for abortion.)

You really never thought this one through did you?
I actually wanted to expound on the absurd Utopian leftie idea that everyone could be insured by others.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:24 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Lefties always state that because we conservatives are against charging other people (without a choice in the matter) for YOUR family's healthcare, that we are against healthcare for children.

NO child in America can be turned down for medical attention because of the SCHIP program.

BTW....it's easy to be proabortion when someone else is paying.
Aren't the people who fund the SCHIP program being forced to do so? Do they have a choice?

What about hospitals being mandated to provide care for those without insurance and without the ability to pay out of pocket? Who pays for their care? Isn't that a mandate that takes money out of your pocket through higher taxes and healthcare premiums.....without a choice in the matter?

And.....who pays for abortion? You? Me? NO....the woman having the abortion pays for it. However, you and I WILL be forced/mandated to pay to care for that child if the mother can't.....won't we?

Why should it be mandated that we pay for other peoples children through higher taxes....without any choice in the matter?

Why is it OK to madate that we pay for the medical care of others and it isn't OK to mandate that those others buy health insurance if they are financially able to do so?

Why do you have a problem with forcing people to be personally responsible? I thought "personal responsibility" was your mantra? And now you are fighting for people's right to be irresponsible.....kinda like fighting for a woman's right to abort because of irresponsibilty, isn't it?

By all means, let's encourage people to be irresponsible concerning their own healthcare.....after all.....it is so easy and convenient for them to just waltz on into the local hospital and get care for free....care that the rest of us will pay for.

Last edited by Annie53; 03-28-2012 at 01:38 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You got that right . And women having an abortion ARE choosing personal responsibility for their actions.
Personal responsibility? If the woman had consensual sex and knew that a pregnancy might result - there is nothing responsible about saying "I don't want the baby - I am going to kill it" - because the baby in an unwanted and is an inconvenience.. That is selfishness and abdication of responsibility. Actions have consequences - if you are unwilling to be responsible for a child then one should not be engaging in behavior that tends to bring one into the world.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
By this logic, abortions and miscarriages should all have funerals and a death certificate.
They should.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:47 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I am glad to see that you understand that abortion is about killing people.
And how about you admit that the lack of Universal Healthcare in this country also kills people?

Oh wait.....they are already born.....we don't care about anything but fetuses, do we?

Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Should babies be offered the opportunity to get abortion insurance? Self explanatory.
Hang on a minute while I pass an ink pen into my uterus so the fetus can sign on the dotted line.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Hang on a minute while I pass an ink pen into my uterus so the fetus can sign on the dotted line.
Ouch!

Old 03-28-2012, 01:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
I actually wanted to expound on the absurd Utopian leftie idea that everyone could be insured by others.
You do know that is exactly how the current plans work, right?
All of the people who pay into a given insurance pool contribute towards the pay-outs for those in that pool.
Some people get tiny reimbursements and some people get big reimbursements, but, everyone paying into that pool is already 'insuring' the other people in that pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies