Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 11:37 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And many don't consider abortion to be murder, including the US government... so you'd be the only one breaking the law, if you attempted to intervene in what a woman does with her womb & fetus.
This!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:40 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Default Should babies be offered the opportunity to get abortion insurance?

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCAJUAA65.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	93033

Old 03-27-2012, 11:43 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Maybe it should be illegal for men to masturbate because they're killing sperm that has the potential to become a child.
LOL... please no!! Can you imagine how cranky they'd get after a while? Yikes.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
Why would a baby need abortion insurance since it is already born? And in order to get the insurance, a parent would need to purchase it. If a parent is planning on aborting, why would they purchase it? And using the argument that a baby is a baby upon conception or whatever, who would get the money? The parent? Well then...

Thread makes no sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sometimes babies survive abortion.
Quote:
What?? The fetus would have to be at LEAST 4-5 months developed to survive, in which case most states wouldn't even allow abortion... so that would be more of a stillbirth or "spontaneous abortion" (not by choice) situation, if it's even possible. Do you have a credible link regarding this claim?
Quote:
A woman can get an abortion for any reason throughout the third trimester if giving birth or continuing the pregnancy could be considered dangerous to her health (see Dr. Tiller).

"Women that have early terminations in weeks six, seven and eight, many times the pregnancy is so small that doctors miss removing the baby," Alvarez said. "The danger is that the failed attempt can damage the baby. That is why these patients who get early terminations need follow-ups."

Another scan a week later confirmed the baby also had [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]kidney [COLOR=blue !important]problems[/color][/color][/color], but doctors told the couple the baby was likely to survive, so they decided he deserved another chance at life.

Read more: Baby Miraculously Survives Abortion, Expected to Live 'Normal' Life | Fox News

Gianna Jessen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Baby Survives Abortion | bennett's blog

Premature baby survives after doctors advised abortion - Telegraph
Quote:
So as I said, it would be a "not by choice" kind of situation - right?? No doctor or state will allow elective abortions that late, thus your argument really isn't on topic here. If the ONLY choice is to abort or let the mother die, I don't think even the hardcore anti-abortionists would have a major issue with that... and in these cases, I imagine the mother was actually happy the baby survived. Totally not related to a woman choosing early/legal abortion, and hoping the outcome is as advertised.

Not only did Dr. Tiller allow it, he specialized in it.

As for the danger to her health crap, I can get a prescription for medical marijuana because feel depressed. Doesn't mean I need it.

Did you even bother to read the story about the English boy?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,397,060 times
I am still agog to learn exactly who will actually purchase this insurance product. Any takers to answer this one?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Liberals giving rights.... are you trying to cause a system meltdown?
And what personal rights do the conservatives support? Oh yeah, guns...

Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Not only did Dr. Tiller allow it, he specialized in it.

As for the danger to her health crap, I can get a prescription for medical marijuana because feel depressed. Doesn't mean I need it.

Did you even bother to read the story about the English boy?
This is a whole different debate, and one which I am not qualified (nor care) to discuss further... that is all.

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-27-2012 at 11:55 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 11:53 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
This is a whole different debate, and one which I am not qualified (nor care) to discuss further... that is all.

It's a whole different debate because I proved babies do survive abortion and insurance should be available to them to cover their special needs?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
It's a whole different debate because I proved babies do survive abortion and insurance should be available to them to cover their special needs?
No, the "whole different debate" I was referring to was the medical need for some abortions... and trust me, there ARE cases where a mother has no choice. As for insurance covering their special needs ONCE BORN, that would be the same as insurance for any child with a disability. So I'm not sure how that relates to the OP, although I'm not even sure how reality is related to the original question. This whole discussion is quite silly, in fact.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 AM

FYI: Making abortion illegal wouldn't stop those situations you've cited... as even before Roe vs Wade, I'm pretty sure medically necessary pregnancy terminations were still allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies