Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 10:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
if trayvon attacked zimmerman, then it's a good thing trayvon is dead. i don't value the lives of violent people as much as most of the posters here. if the martin family is going through hell, then they can only blame their son for it. you don't know trayvon. neither do i. i don't even know the martin family. nor do i want to know. i don't care much for the zimmerman's family either. it's just people are easily manipulated when the media creates the news instead of reporting it.

if zimmerman was at fault. then so be it. the FBI is the most qualified for this and not the media or public opinion.
I hope you never end up in a situation where you fear for your life.

381 posts, read 507,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Ever heard of a measured response?

The crux is that you can't just kill someone without at least explicitly explaining why you felt your life was in danger. That's the one explanation that must be answered.
that question was already been answered. didn't you read the police report? you have reason to believe zimmerman is lying because of public opinion. therefore, without knowing trayvon's character you assume trayvon did not start the fight.

2,548 posts, read 2,167,271 times
Quote:
proven? did i miss the trial?
it's not equal because that is all we have. the balance of fact favors zimmerman. show me evidence and not opinion that zimmerman is a thug.
Police records. Zimmeran has a history of attacking people, including cops and ex girlfriends

Old 04-02-2012, 10:47 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times
Quote:
it's not equal because that is all we have. the balance of fact favors zimmerman. show me evidence and not opinion that zimmerman is a thug.
The fact that he shot and killed an unarmed teenager points to a man who had no chance of inheriting the Earth. He also had a prior record of violent incidents. Trayvon had no such record.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:47 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,215,334 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I thought you were actually informed about the facts that are present in this case. If you don't even know that Zimmerman has been arrested three times for physical assaults (on women and a police officer), then I can't help you. I suggest you do a bit more reading and then come back.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Hypothetically, if Trayvon stopped to ask Zimmerman why he was following him and Zimmerman (a total stranger) tried to restrain the young man, Trayvon had no right to defend himself? You would have meekly followed Zimmerman to who knows where? Many young women meekly
followed Ted Bundy, and didn't live to tell why. Would you advise your children to stay with a stranger who's stopped them, or asked for their help in looking for a lost puppy? That goes against all that we know about stalkers, pedophiles and serial killers. If Trayvon died defending himself, it's "good that he's dead?" That's simply wrong.
is there evidence that zimmerman tried to restrain trayvon? it's not illegal to stop and question a stranger. it happens every day. ever been stopped by a girl scout selling cookies?

trayvon is not a helpless child. you bought into the media story creation. without actual photos of trayvon at that time we cannot determine who looked more fearful, a balding clean cut latino wearing a decent red jacket and dress shoes or a tall black teen wearing a hoodie (no other description available other than the alleged skittles and ice tea). if ted bundy approached trayvon, he would get a severe beating. tray don't play...

since you can't quote me correctly, i'm going to assume you can't clearly quote yourself.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,023,304 times
Quote:
is there evidence that zimmerman tried to restrain trayvon? it's not illegal to stop and question a stranger. it happens every day. ever been stopped by a girl scout selling cookies?

trayvon is not a helpless child. you bought into the media story creation. without actual photos of trayvon at that time we cannot determine who looked more fearful, a balding clean cut latino wearing a decent red jacket and dress shoes or a tall black teen wearing a hoodie (no other description available other than the alleged skittles and ice tea). if ted bundy approached trayvon, he would get a severe beating. tray don't play...

since you can't quote me correctly, i'm going to assume you can't clearly quote yourself.
Wow...missed the very first word, huh?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,623,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, I guess you are a police officer in some dinky little town, since what you are saying is totally false. Most states do require a driver to submit to a chemical test if the police officer has reasonable suspicion that you are impaired. So explain to me what "reasonable suspicion is" since that can mean just about anything.

I don't drink and drive, and I realize a cop cannot force you to take a breathalizer test. However, in many states, if you refuse to take one, you will be fined and your license is automatically suspended. So I guess in your mind that means they need your consent first. As I've mentioned many times, I'm from MA and still have family there. Have you ever heard of Melanie's Law? Look it up.

After all your insults and name calling, I'm certainly not going to spend a lot of time on this. It makes no sense to me that a person involved in a shooting would not take a chemical test and, if he refuses, at least it would be on record should he be arrested and charged. As far as "reasonable suspicion goes" a teenager was shot to death. I suppose you don't think that's important enough to request that his killer submit to the same test someone stopped for DUI is required to do.
yes, its called "implied consent" and most states indeed assume the refusal to be an admission of guilt. Revocation of license, and a fine.

Zimmerman refused?. That is quite telling.

Also some on here are assuming Zimmerman had full police power. He was a HOA rent a cop, NOT a sheriff or police officer. This is rather disturbing, and clearly he should never be allowed to carry a firearm ever again, and in any other case as a regular citizen he certainly WOULD be sitting in jail right now awaiting sentencing.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:05 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,167,271 times
Quote:

Yes it is illegal to stop someone, not to question them, but to force them to stop. I've been approached by people selling stuff on the street and i sometimes don't stop.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm sorry, I thought you were actually informed about the facts that are present in this case. If you don't even know that Zimmerman has been arrested three times for physical assaults (on women and a police officer), then I can't help you. I suggest you do a bit more reading and then come back.
show me the conviction not the dropped cases... i've read all those charges, none of them involved zimmerman hitting someone in a violent nature.

pushing a non-uniformed police woman. you call that violent behavior?
picking up and throwing out a drunk and disorderly woman. a violent person would do more than that. i can't remember the third, but since all those cases didn't involve really violent behavior i don't see zimmerman fitting the profile of a thug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies