Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So if he did this, thats nice but it still does not take away the fact that he STILL called him a C**n and he STILL killed Trayvon

Has it been verified that he did in fact call him a c**n, because from the transcripts I read it sounds as if it wasn't clear but thats what they think he said.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,777,355 times
whatever...using a gun in a fist fight is ***** ****...

if zimmerman didn't expect a possible altercation doing what he was doing, he would be a class A RETARD.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:03 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Or, you can act like a civilized human being, call the cops and report the harrassment, instead of becoming violent and assaulting someone.
"Hello, 911? Yes, I'm a young black male who's being followed by an older white gentleman"....that's likely to get a speedy response from law enforcement.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:05 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Has it been verified that he did in fact call him a c**n, because from the transcripts I read it sounds as if it wasn't clear but thats what they think he said.
I've listened to that recording several times, and I don't see how his words could be mistaken for anything else but "f---in' coons". Zimmerman didn't have any distinct accent where "coons" could've actually been "cold" or "cons", as some have suggested.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
George Zimmerman deserves our protection, not to be arrested. He defended his life against an attacker and did nothing wrong.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
Below are a few statistics. These are FACTS, not opinions. Source: http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.

Statistically, Zimmerman had good sense to suspect the suspicious-looking Martin. This isn't racial profiling, it's good common sense.

So as I mentioned in an earlier post, White males are more likely statiscally to be child molesters should everytime that I see a white male near a child should I set off the alrms and confront them? Same principle, different people.

Btw, that was not zimmerman's job to stop and question every young black person that he felt like is a threat either. I guess latinos and whites with hoodies in the rain do not steal or commit crimes huh?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But what if zimmerman was drunk/high and was harassing Trayvon? That part we will never know since the police dept never bothered to give him (zimmerman) a drug/alcohol test before letting him go.

Common sense (to me) would make me wonder what other reason would he have to attack zimmerman. My question is this also, if Trayvon was pounding his head into the ground and broke zimmerman's nose on top of him, how is it possible for zimmerman to shoot him in the chest and not get any blood on him? Look at the video, not a trace of blood from a broken nose or from the shooting. The two witnesses that were actually there reported zimmerman standing over Trayvon straddling him with Trayvon's face down. Tell me again how is this self defense?
That's why I said *if* TM attacked GZ as GZ claimed. I don't KNOW what happened that night, and no one else posting in this forum KNOWS either. We can (and most likely will) go in circles with speculation and theories until, and even after this has been to court. There seem to be a majority of posters who either 1) are conivinced GZ is guilty, was a monster, and no matter what evidence comes out, they will still hold that belief, or 2) the TM was a thug, he was beating GZ to death, and that GZ was completely justified in shooting him. I don't think either one of them are squeaky clean, I think they both played a part in this situation, and that the truth is somewhere in between. I constantly go back and forth, because I see scenarios where it could go either way. I just don't know. It would be nice to see the autopsy report that shows if the bullet angle/velocity/etc. matches up with GZ's story, and if they did the same voice recognition test with a sample of TM's voice. I don't have my mind made up yet, and will continue to reserve judgement until more evidence comes out.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post

You really should dry off after you swim in the denial

Old 04-03-2012, 10:11 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
Not sure which story you're referring to. The story this thread is focused on is the life-threatening attack of Zimmerman by Martin, and Zimmerman shooting Martin in self-defense. And for some reason, some people seem to think that defending your own life against a deadly attacker is a crime.
Amazing how many people must have been witness to this event as most people have knowledge that i'm not privy to.As an example MSUdom's assertion that it was Trayvon who attacked Mr Z
I think the possibility exists that Trayvon could have been trying to stand his ground as some shady character was following him at night.
As a watch captain couldnt Zimmerman have called out and identified himself as the neighborhood watch captain?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
How do you know he was not familiar with the area? According to reports he managed to walk to 7 eleven, a mile from the community, that is 2 miles r/t in the rain at night.
Well if he was familiar to the area (actually he was) let zimmerman tell it he would have known him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies