Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 01:12 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,041,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Why couldn't Trayvon be in fear of his life? Why is it that you can stand your ground by shooting someone to death, but can't stand your ground with your hands. If Trayvon did hit Zimmerman, why couldn't he have been standing his ground?

I can't believe someone asked why someone would shoot someone if their life wasn't in danger. It is like saying why would someone take something that didn't belong to them or why would someone say something that wasn't the truth or why would someone take drugs if they didn't need them....smh
Exactly. An excellent point.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:13 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,215,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Got video to prove that he was attacked?

You keep saying you're waiting for all the facts to 'come out', but it is clear you side with the killer.
He's got nothing. What he'll now do is ask you to provide video to prove he's lying.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:16 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,145,747 times
There needs to be evidence to prove guilt. If they think they have it they will charge him. If they arent sure they may still charge him based on outrage. But we dont have enough released info to prove anything.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:21 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,215,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
There needs to be evidence to prove guilt. If they think they have it they will charge him. If they arent sure they may still charge him based on outrage. But we dont have enough released info to prove anything.
Which is why I believe Zimmerman might walk. The Sanford PD screwed the pooch and destroyed all key evidence.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I generally do until proven otherwise. I mean what motivation would the police have to put their careers at risk for George Zimmerman?
I don't think we need to be concerned about the police motivations here. The Sanford police seem to have shown their true colors in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I hate putting personal info on here, but it's so applicable that I will.
<snip>
Quote:
The difference here is the scrutiny has been at 1000% for two weeks now we have the Feds and a new DA. Oprah's and Obama have weighed in. Polls want Zimmerman arrested yet no charges have been filed. To me this is far more damning then a month old police video.
LOL, the old "that's different" excuse.

I too, have heard of incidences of police behaving badly. When my daughter was in college, she told me the following, which I did corroborate as much as I could at the time:

A police officer saw what he thought was a marijuana pipe in a window of a fraternity house during a party. He decided to investigate, and knocked on the door (or rang the bell, I can't remember which now.) When someone answered, he was looking down the barrel of the police officer's gun. I was totally freaked when I heard this. Having gone to college during the Kent State shootings, I know what can happen when the "authorities" get going with that stuff. I almost made her come home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There did seem to be some family resembalance.

How hard is it to look at or read this and not have a negative image of the Black Community ? Wonder if Shawn had a little "Racism" in him ?
The black community? How about a negative image of the person committing the crime. Why blame the whold community? Isn't that called "guilt by association"?

Quote:
Exactly I think some folks are misconstruing our contention that Zimmerman acted in self-defense as being in support for his behavior.

That's not the case with me and it appears with you as well. He should have stayed in his car. Even during the confrontation he could have just as easily pistol whipped him or flashed his gun in a manner that Trayvon knew he was armed and was ready to fire.

However legally speaking he did not have to follow the dispatcher's instruction and can use lethal force in self defense or to stop a felony (in this case an assualt).
"Our"? Do you guys have some little group going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm one of the people who says a person might not know their nose is broken. I'm not a Dr., but WebMD agrees with what I know from experience---

"But it may be hard to tell if your nose is broken. Swelling can make your nose look crooked even if it is not broken. When the swelling goes down after a few days, it is easier to tell if your nose is really crooked and possibly broken."

"A broken nose is usually accompanied by bleeding, which can be difficult to stop."

I can only guess that the medical reports from the SFD and whoever gz saw the next day are with the investigating authority.
I agree, it can be hard to tell if the nose is broken. I work in a dr's office, and we usually tell people who have suffered a blow to the nose to wait until the swelling goes down, and then if the nose is mis-shapen, to come in and we'll X-ray it. Do read the rest of the quote from Web MD.

Quote:
Unlike this case, there was sufficient evidence that easily proved him guilty. From what we have as actual evidence, there is nothing that proves this Zimmerman is guilty. Unless of course you just listen to the words of idiotic hypocritical liberals in Washington and other blowhards in the media who dont have the evidence yet dont give a damn.

The only side im taking here is that people need to let things play out and not call for someones head. Especially the absolute race baiting fools in the media and in Washington. Fanning the flames is all they are doing.
What the .....? He admitted the shooting. The circumstances are sketchy at best. Why no investigation prior to this story getting out?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,394,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Why couldn't Trayvon be in fear of his life? Why is it that you can stand your ground by shooting someone to death, but can't stand your ground with your hands. If Trayvon did hit Zimmerman, why couldn't he have been standing his ground?

I can't believe someone asked why someone would shoot someone if their life wasn't in danger. It is like saying why would someone take something that didn't belong to them or why would someone say something that wasn't the truth or why would someone take drugs if they didn't need them....smh

Trayvon was the aggressor. Zimmerman was returning to his truck after hanging up with the 911 dispatcher. He turned around and Trayvon was in his face making threats and then attacked him. During the attack, Zimmermans gun was seen by Trayvon and so he told him he was going to kill him. Zimmerman could not get away and so he shot him to protect his own life. Case closed.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:25 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,348,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Trayvon was the aggressor. Zimmerman was returning to his truck after hanging up with the 911 dispatcher. He turned around and Trayvon was in his face making threats and then attacked him. During the attack, Zimmermans gun was seen by Trayvon and so he told him he was going to kill him. Zimmerman could not get away and so he shot him to protect his own life. Case closed.
OK, care to provide a few FACTS to support your "case."?

To the mod who edited my OP: Richard Castle is a fictional TV character.....

Last edited by ray1945; 03-29-2012 at 02:13 PM..

Old 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,639 times
Quote:

Oh so you were there when it happened? -There are other witness accounts that contradict this story. In case you haven't noticed, there hasn't been a trial yet. Until then, the case will remain open.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:30 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times
Quote:
..and this of course is not Zimmerman's account only...this is your eyewitness account.

LOL...Yes, that is what someone does when armed with Skittles and iced tea...they see someone's gun and threaten to kill them. Zimmerman could not get way because Trayvon was pinning him to the ground while pummeling his face as is clearly proven in the police video with all of those bloody bruises...again

How obtuse!

Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,180,660 times
Quote:
Maybe you're right, but as his father what do you expect him to do after nearly two weeks of nothing but the media and politicians calling his son a white hispanic racist who assassinated someone? A frickin BOUNTY was put on his head with out one word from a person of authority or the President about it. People putting out what they think is his home address.

His father of course is biased, but he has every right to stand up and finally speak out after witnessing the entire liberal spectrum of our country do and say the things they have.
never said he couldn't speak out...never said it.

BUT he is an ex-judge....he has influence which is why the police didn't follow normal procedures.

Judgey also LIED about what happened, said Obama's comments were hate-filled(a LIE and political, it had NOTHING to do with his son).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies