Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times

Advertisements

Like I said...I feel sorry for Zimmerman because he is conditioned and can not think or make decisions rationally...that he is a pin head...and I feel sorry for the young man who is dead..it should not have happened on a civilized nation...but then again - civilization is slipping away and no one seems to care or notice.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:36 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You can be handcuffed and brought to the police station for questioning without being under arrest, and that is exactly what happened here. I have seen it happen myself.

Zimmerman could have asked to leave and been let go, as long as he was not protesting, they can keep him there for questioning for as long as want.

He was handcuffed, questioned and released, he was never arrested.
If you saw it happen to someone then that person was arrested. You can be asked to go in for questioning, but you don't have to go. The cops can momentarily handcuff you at the scene of some dangerous event, question you, and then let you go. However, if you just killed someone and the cops handcuff you and put you in a car and bring you to the police station for questioning and processing then you are under arrest, no question. If Zimmerman had asked to leave and the cops told him he could go at any time then maybe it would have been a different story. But no ordinary person in Zimmerman's situation would have though he was fee to leave, which means he was under arrest.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Not to mention that if your head is banged on the ground repeatedly, it's not going to be just one small area of your head that is affected. The entire back of Zimmerman's head should have been bruised, swollen and/or cut.
This is nonsense. Like I said before, no competent practitioner in the county can accurately diagnose a person's injuries using a grainy surveillance camera several hours after the injury. And people have commented about the cop not wearing gloves? People don't wear gloves all the time.

From what I've heard Martin was suspended for ten days for drugs (and not the first suspension). He also reportedly attacked a bus driver, had stolen items was in possession burglary tools. I'm not saying these reports are any more credible than the reports of Zimmerman being an angry, crazy "white" guy (which he isn't), but if we are going to go by what the media reports, then I think we should use all of the what the media reports, liberal and conservative.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
If you saw it happen to someone then that person was arrested. You can be asked to go in for questioning, but you don't have to go. The cops can momentarily handcuff you at the scene of some dangerous event, question you, and then let you go. However, if you just killed someone and the cops handcuff you and put you in a car and bring you to the police station for questioning and processing then you are under arrest, no question. If Zimmerman had asked to leave and the cops told him he could go at any time then maybe it would have been a different story. But no ordinary person in Zimmerman's situation would have though he was fee to leave, which means he was under arrest.
Well, we don't know if Zimmerman asked to leave and was denied, so your theory is speculation, at best.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Well, we don't know if Zimmerman asked to leave and was denied, so your theory is speculation, at best.
It's not speculation, the test is an objective one. Objectively speaking, he was under arrest. You don't need to prove that he asked to leave and was denied.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
This is nonsense. Like I said before, no competent practitioner in the county can accurately diagnose a person's injuries using a grainy surveillance camera several hours after the injury. And people have commented about the cop not wearing gloves? People don't wear gloves all the time.

From what I've heard Martin was suspended for ten days for drugs (and not the first suspension). He also reportedly attacked a bus driver, had stolen items was in possession burglary tools. I'm not saying these reports are any more credible than the reports of Zimmerman being an angry, crazy "white" guy (which he isn't), but if we are going to go by what the media reports, then I think we should use all of the what the media reports, liberal and conservative.
Sorry, but I'm not going by what the media is reporting, ONLY by the facts as they are provided.

There is no proof that Trayvon stole anything (nothing ever reported stolen..if this was found at school, you would think that someone would've stepped forward to say "that's mine!"), no proof of burglary tools (since when is a screwdriver a burglary tool? Perhaps this was used to scratch WTF on the locker?), no proof of "drugs" (unless we're including residue and even then there are reports that the toxicology report was negative) and absolutely no proof of physical violence of any kind. Schools don't play around with assault on a bus driver. The police would have been waiting for Trayvon at the next bus stop.

Zimmerman on the other hand, has been arrested three times for physical violence. These are FACTS, not alleged and/or unsubstantiated claims.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
It's not speculation, the test is an objective one. Objectively speaking, he was under arrest. You don't need to prove that he asked to leave and was denied.
You wrote:

If Zimmerman had asked to leave and the cops told him he could go at any time then maybe it would have been a different story. But no ordinary person in Zimmerman's situation would have though he was fee to leave, which means he was under arrest.

This is all speculation.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:55 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
You wrote:

If Zimmerman had asked to leave and the cops told him he could go at any time then maybe it would have been a different story. But no ordinary person in Zimmerman's situation would have though he was fee to leave, which means he was under arrest.

This is all speculation.
Arrest means to stop...to confine or detain...he sure looked under arrest at the cop shop...if he was not he would not have been there....formal or not he was in custody.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:00 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
[quote=valerie d;23632816]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This should be a huge wake-up call for people who assume that law enforcement officials are 100% honest. It's not unknown for officers to carry a "drop gun" that can be placed at a crime scene, as well as narcotics. I'm surprised that such a thing didn't happen to Trayvon.[

Yea yea drop gun that's the ticket. Maybe a lil coke in the hoodie. A lil meth under the fingernails.

Take it up with Joseph Wambaugh and Frank Serpico. Works like a charm.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
For every bit of so called "evidence" you have that favors Zimmerman's fairy tale there are 5 pieces of evidence that prove it a lie. But I guess that, like the "police force" there, your theory is that anyone who shoots an unarmed black kid can't be all bad?
Name them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies