Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 04:11 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,221,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Oh give me a break. Are you for real? Do you think smoking pot makes you violent? Or do you think having a history of domestic violence and assault on police officer does?
IME, being high slows things down. The last thing you're looking for is a fight. Everything is all love, peace and soul!!

Old 03-29-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I take it that because you couldn't google that you've given up? lol.

If you're going to make a cross comparison, make sure that it's a consistent one. We can both see that Bieber and Treyvon have 5 fingers...now let's see if they have anything else in common, hence why i wanted you to show me Bieber's weed baggies, weed pipe, multiple suspensions and "stolen" jewelry...
I provided that picture in response to yours of Trayvon giving the middle finger. Nice try, though.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:15 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,979,540 times
It was reported early on locally that his blood tests were negative. Apparently now it is being re-examined for closer scrutiny. The "burglary tool" was a screw driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It's a "controlled substance." in higher doses it can impair judgment. If his toxicology reports are positive, then his levels would have to be examined as well. Like it or not, it's rellavent information.

I have to say, the fact that his toxicology hasn't been released does make one think what's the hold up?

Zimmerman's supposedly wasn't taken either...which is also highly questionable...

27,624 posts, read 21,202,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Okay. And he said it was self defense. If there was NO evidence to back up that claim, he would not be walking free. Unless you think many in the police department there are corrupt and evil, which isnt impossible but it would be shocking to happen on such a level as this.

So either the police are corrupt or there was evidence/witnesses that support his claim.
A police chief does not step down pending an investigation unless there is valid reason to believe there is somethuing amiss within his department.

The Sanford police department did a number of things following the shooting that simply do not add up or follow protocol. Maybe you should watch the movie "Serpico" if you are naive enough to believe corruption does not exist within law enforcement...very often starting at the top.

The head detective that night signed an affidavit stating that he thought Zimmerman's story was unconvincing and that he should have been arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Precisely and I doubt there should be a trial and probably will not be. In spite of many of your comments there is not one among you that would not have shot a 6 ft3 in strange man that had you on the ground pummeling you if you had the chance. If you say you would not you are a coward or a liar.
Well, the difference is I wouldn't have followed a 6'3" strange man to begin with. Sane people tend not to follow people they're afraid of.

3,436 posts, read 2,957,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I'm sorry i disagree with you. Nancy Gracne, and Jane, their shows, do not care the color of what missing child is, in any way shape or form.
Disprove this. They don't.
They make it more then known, their outrage when any child is missing of any color including black.
And where is outrage when last year wasn't it that 3 black teens dosed a white boy with a chemical and then set him on fire, did not here anything about that case, whether or not those who commited the crime, are in jail or not, did not here hardly anything mentioned about that case. That was awful.

The reason why sick within itself, because he was white.

Any time anyone goes missing, no matter the race is terrible in and of itself, not just black, there have been the last couple of months so many white's who are missing also, only to have been found dead. Any child, man or women who is missing, is a terrible tragedy, no matter the race.

It is well known that missing white children and women get waaaaay more airtime. I have seen missing black children on Nancy Grace but never as much as Jon Benet Ramsey or Kaylee Anthony. Elizabeth Smart was all over the place. Can you even name two missing black children off the top of your head (using Google doesn't count)?

Old 03-29-2012, 04:17 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,552,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
A police chief does not step down pending an investigation unless there is valid reason to believe there is somethuing amiss within his department.

The Sanford police department did a number of things following the shooting that simply do not add up or follow protocol. Maybe you should watch the movie "Serpico" if you are naive enough to believe corruption does not exist within law enforcement...very often starting at the top.

The head detective that night signed an affidavit stating that he thought Zimmerman's story was unconvincing and that he should have been arrested.

It doesnt matter to them. They just want the message that has been sent out there.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM

812 posts, read 597,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Ummm...we don't even know if that is what happened and there is nothing that proves that Trayvon Martin was the aggressor. All there is is the person who is being accused of murder's word. I personally think there will be a charge and a trial but only time will tell. On the other hand if a strange man in an unmarked vehicle was following you in a car then got out to follow you on foot, how would you feel about it. Anyone who says they woudn't mind is a liar with an agenda.
It would probably scare me pretty good. I don't think it would scare me so bad as to approach him and punch him in the nose. I think I might stay the course of putting distance between me and he and probably make a 911 call of my own but then that would make too much sense for some people.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:19 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,038,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I provided that picture in response to yours of Trayvon giving the middle finger. Nice try, though.
You're insinuating that they have something in common. Therefore, I'm asking for Beiber's weed baggies, weed pipe, evidence of grafitti vandalizing, "stolen" jewelry and multiple school suspensions...lol

You backed away from that one, and rightfully so...

Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,154,702 times
Why did it appear that the cop was looking at something on the back of Zimmerman's head if there was nothing there? Wait for all the evidence before you convict this guy. If it comes and its clear he is guilty of not defending himself, then I will be right along with you wanting to see the book thrown at him. There is nothing conclusive yet that proves he is guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies