Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 02:08 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times

Advertisements

[quote=Sunnysee;23682174]
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LoL so NBC is going to probe itself and then find it did no wrong, right?

I hope Zimmerman sues for defamation. He has a case.[/quote]

He dang sure does have a case! NBC.....in-bed with the BO administration and apparently the hateful, inciteful Sharpton and Jackson.

I so cherish free speech, but this editing the tape NBC did to make Zimmer sound racist was not free speech, it was a crime in some way....libelous or slanderous. Charge NBC with a crime?
I'm sure you have the evidence that the Obama administration, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton conspired with NBC to take this action, right?

Feel free to post it, or a link to it.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:09 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
The media will be complicit in Zimmerman walking away a free man should there ever be a trial. The jury pool is beyond corrupted. They'll have to move the trial to Dutch Harbor, Alaska if they want to find 12 people who haven't read, seen, or heard the lies put forth by NBC and others.

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
I'm surprised anyone is even shocked given how badly the news organizations have jacked up various hot-ticket news stories in the past.

Olympics bombing (many news organizations wound up settling with RJ), Duke Lacrosse scandal....sloppy sloppy journalism with everyone in a rush and then apologize later in this digital age.

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LoL so NBC is going to probe itself and then find it did no wrong, right?

I hope Zimmerman sues for defamation. He has a case.

How can he sue for defermation? They didn't accuse him of being racists. If that was the case, all of the news organizations including Fox should have been sued time and time again.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:10 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Where do you come up with all these racial issues here.

EVERYTHING you say has to do with race. I don't see the connection besides a black victim and white/hispanic suspect. Where are you coming up with all your racist garbage. If it's there, it surely isn't obvious, but you're trying to twist everything into some racist mumbo jumbo.

Show me concrete evidence, because I'm more inclined to believe that Zimmerman got off because of his dad's connections not because Zimmerman, the DA, and the PD are all racist.
I believe you as far as the latter, but you cannot refute what he said to the dispatcher either. Personally, i believe that DA connections with zimmerman's father and the obstruction of justice by the police dept for whatever reason just made it worst

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
This means absolutely nothing. First, who cares who is screaming on the tapes? Does it change the outcome? No.

Second, if/when this goes to trial, Zimmerman is going to have his experts, with just as much credibility as these guys, saying IT WAS Zimmerman screaming for help.

All this does is continue to cloud, an already muddy pool of water. Doesn't PROVE anything.
Actually, who's yelling help is important. It's one of the few things being discussed that is important, because it's at least circumstantial evidence as to who was being hit, threatened, near to being shot.

TM's tooth, skittles, gz's not following watch rules, why'd he have a gun, mean absolutely nothing.

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Doesn't matter, the man should be in jail from the unedited information alone.

Oh it matters, and a lot, BUT...yes I do get your point. It doesn't matter within the context of whether Zimmerman provoked the young man to hit him and then shot him. THAT--I am very open-minded to being a likelihood IF...we are getting some truth on this situation and it's sounding like we may be.

It matters a lot that NBC, a national news organization that way, too many liberals respect and listen to, DID THIS!! They altered/edited a news piece to make Zimmerman sound racist. SO...

if race riots ensue should NBC be charged for being complicit if folks die in the riots, and lose their very livelihoods/businesses?!

Old 04-02-2012, 02:11 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Where do you come up with all these racial issues here.

EVERYTHING you say has to do with race. I don't see the connection besides a black victim and white/hispanic suspect. Where are you coming up with all your racist garbage. If it's there, it surely isn't obvious, but you're trying to twist everything into some racist mumbo jumbo.

Show me concrete evidence, because I'm more inclined to believe that Zimmerman got off because of his dad's connections not because Zimmerman, the DA, and the PD are all racist.

Don't waste your time. Look at the post about how since the prosecutor is a "Republican" that Zimmerman will surely walk. ALL Republicans are racist, didn't you know that?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:12 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ouchie. Well NBC seems to want to help contribute to Zimmermans legal fund...or at the very least give him some money so he can turn around and give it to Trayvons family when they hit him with a wrongful death suit.

How? What comment has NBC made that violated Zimmerman's rights?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:12 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
How can he sue for defermation? They didn't accuse him of being racists. If that was the case, all of the news organizations including Fox should have been sued time and time again.
Whoa, back that thought up there, sir. They did WORSE than accuse him.

They, in reality edited his phonecall to make him INTO a RACIST.

This truth is undeniable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies