Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 02:56 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,539,651 times

Advertisements

[quote=sickofnyc;23683012]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the people against a thorough investigation that might lead to the truth and a possible arrest, are consistent with Obama bashers?..maybe it's just me...
Nope. Obama being President has much to do with it.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:57 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What are the various news outlets you're talking about?

This is a single broadcast by a single network.

It's hard to see how this can be justified by any legitimate journalistic judgment, and I am sure that when NBC completes its internal investigation someone is likely to be reprimanded or even fired, but you're going way overboard here.
That single broadcast by a major news network was picked up by hundreds of smaller news stations and news papers all over the country and repeated numerous times. It inflamed public opinion at the outset of this story which contributed to all of the outrage and demonstrations.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:57 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,152,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Funny when you catch stuff like that aint it. I even caught the same user name being used once. Of coarse it was denied by the poster
One of the Trayvon demonizers actually posted a link but purposely edited the headline link title...

I'll find it later.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
FOX does not use libel, slander and altering of evidence to try to lift up the right. NBC did....Fox is not supporting Communists. NBC is.
Is this the joke of the day? FOX has admitted it feels no responsibility to tell the truth.

Fox News Boycott | Fox-Can-Lie Lawsuit

Old 04-02-2012, 03:02 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,373,743 times
If the people analyzing the audio can compare it to GZ's call to the police, why haven't they compared a clip of TM to see how closely it matches?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:04 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,672,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
How can he sue for defermation? They didn't accuse him of being racists. If that was the case, all of the news organizations including Fox should have been sued time and time again.
The guy has a potential defamation claim. NBC published information about him that may have shown him in a "false light" by indicating that he is a racist.

Of course, at this point we don't know if his portrayal as a racist is false. There seems to be some indication from his history of calling the police and complaining about things that black people are doing that he may have racist tendencies. If he sues NBC he can make the best argument he can make and they can present the best defense they can.

Meanwhile, though, they will do their internal investigation, they will most likely discipline somebody, and they will publish a retraction as quickly as possible, so that at a minimum they will limit their exposure.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,957,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
If Zimmerman is in fact innocent then yes he should sue for defamation.
I think people often confuse "not guilty" with innocent. Everyone on the Casey Anthony jury thought she was guilty, but they didn't feel the prosecution proved its case.

Under the law, maybe Zimmerman will be found not guilty (if he is ever arrested and charged with a crime) but it still does not mean he didn't follow an unarmed teenager and kill him.

I've noticed a lot of people posting on this board who think abortion, even in cases of rape, is murder, but they believe taking away a mother's child at 17 is justifiable homicide.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:09 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,355,649 times
Many young black men on their way to becoming career criminals usually already have criminal records before their seventeenth birthday. They usually don't wait until they're one year from graduating high school.

In my opinion, it's unlikely that a young man with two, presumably honest and law-abiding parents, an older, articulate brother enrolled in college, and several other adults who vouch for him, would be on an irreversible path to the thug life.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:09 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,309,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Is this the joke of the day? FOX has admitted it feels no responsibility to tell the truth.

Just like NBC?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:15 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I only watch Fox when there's nothing on SyFy.
You'll get more truth on SyFy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies