Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,865,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What about it? For that matter, what is it supposed to be? Or, is it supposed to be?
This entire thread, you all have been bringing up things that are 100% the fault of government to justify the argument that corporations are bad.

"When an arms supplier is providing the equipment to the government to drop bombs on civilians from money that you did not volunteer to pay for, it's working exactly as intended."

It was not intended to take money you didn't volunteer. That was the government, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,768,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
you republicans are so darn evil and hypocritical. YOU CLaIM to want 'independence' but at the same time the ONE vehicle you have to CONROL your lives you think is evil and the CORPORATIONS which you have NO control over you're FINE giving up all your power too..

Are all republicans high up corporate people? or are they just stupid, irritating, and spiteful.
Yikes, you really aren't serious. So in case there are any loons out there who believe this tripe let me help you out. Corporations provide goods or services which you are free to consume or not. Corporations have no power over you. They cannot confiscate your wealth or restrict your freedoms.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:54 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,842,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
This entire thread, you all have been bringing up things that are 100% the fault of government to justify the argument that corporations are bad.

"When an arms supplier is providing the equipment to the government to drop bombs on civilians from money that you did not volunteer to pay for, it's working exactly as intended."

It was not intended to take money you didn't volunteer. That was the government, period.
Answer my question(s), with directness and honesty, instead of going for a deflection.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:11 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,196,890 times
Corporations must love conservatives, they're so docile and easy.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Answer my question(s), with directness and honesty, instead of going for a deflection.
Your question was a deflection on what I was saying, genius.

That's not something I could answer in less than 10 pages, so sorry, I don't feel like responding. You're trying to rope me in to a long conversation where you won't wind up actually saying anything as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Corporations must love conservatives, they're so docile and easy.
Politicians must love liberals, they don't even have the intellectual capacity to debate a topic. It's just government good, corporations bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And good luck choosing NOT to do business with Big Pharma when you're told you need one of their products to live.
Sorry, but pages later I still have to address this insanity. Wow, just wow. I must be living an illusion.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,196,890 times
Quote:

Politicians must love liberals, they don't even have the intellectual capacity to debate a topic. It's just government good, corporations bad.
Good black or white believing! Everyone in America is either a gung-ho capitalist or a commie! But enjoy yourself!

Old 04-05-2012, 09:24 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,842,852 times
Quote:
Your question was a deflection on what I was saying, genius.

That's not something I could answer in less than 10 pages, so sorry, I don't feel like responding. You're trying to rope me in to a long conversation where you won't wind up actually saying anything as usual.
And you continue to be what you're expected to be. Try again. This was your question to your one-worder post: "Government".

"What about it? For that matter, what is it supposed to be? Or, is it supposed to be?"

I'm, clearly, asking you for specifics. Sorry about forcing your into a discussion you'd prefer to avoid. Prove me wrong.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:24 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,852,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Because you can choose to refuse to do business with a corporation, but you can't refuse to do business with the government.
That isn't true far too often in the USA.
I live in Central Florida in a large city but we only have ONE power company.... they are not efficient and their rates are going up and up and up. I had to give them a big deposit when i moved here and they refuse to give it back even though i have now been here a long time... they say i can only get it back if i move out of the area or switch to another supplier (there isn't one). Health care in this country is insurance based so if you do not use private insurance you do not have proper health care..... ER emergency care is NOT giving anyone good health care just emergency care. There are many other examples but you get the idea now.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Good black or white believing! Everyone in America is either a gung-ho capitalist or a commie! But enjoy yourself!
As usual, you make absolutely no sense, and you have absolutely no argument. I never said anything even remotely resembling the statement you just made, if anyone's thinking "black or white" it is you my friend.

Do you care to address the topic, or will you just continue spewing your usual "conservatives suck" crap?

Old 04-05-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
And you continue to be what you're expected to be. Try again. This was your question to your one-worder post: "Government".

"What about it? For that matter, what is it supposed to be? Or, is it supposed to be?"

I'm, clearly, asking you for specifics. Sorry about forcing your into a discussion you'd prefer to avoid. Prove me wrong.
Specifics on what? The point I made could not possible be any more specific. It was a very simple point. And you accuse me of deflecting when you're veering into an entirely new topic, not even addressing what I said?

At least tell me I'm right or wrong.

As far as your question, government should protect individual rights and little more. Like I said, if you want a full and detailed answer, I'll need a couple hours and a couple of pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies