Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

I'm very Conservative, as seen in my posts here, but I have to say, this Arizona law, goes a little too far on the 1st amendment.

That Progressive cancer, is the element in the Republican party, that makes the two parties we get to choose from, so we can boast we are part of a team in a competitive sport, are the freak'n same team!

Look, the first amendment is not there to talk about the weather. It is there to discuss very controversial subjects, without punishment by the State to silence the people.

Arizona Passes Sweeping Internet Censorship Bill

So long 1st amendment, get in the shredder with the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 10th amendments!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:11 AM

Wait a minute, if you read and understand the US Constitution, this power is not given to the States.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 AM

11 posts, read 18,775 times
Truth. Censorship laws exist to protect people's ideas, I can agree with that. Aside from those that protect ideas such as art (movies, etc.), people should be able to voice thier opinions freely. We do have the internet though... Last I checked it was *slightly* censored for language and such, but it has also bred the tween 'IPWNNUBS" generation. I'm on the fence here.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Wait a minute, if you read and understand the US Constitution, this power is not given to the States.

It's unconstitutional, and will be--or SHOULD be--struck down. I can't believe anyone is actually for this. The "state" has no business telling me what I can or cannot read or post.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
I was a Republican for a long time.

But recent attempts at voter suppression and now this are examples of why I no longer am.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:18 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It's unconstitutional, and will be--or SHOULD be--struck down. I can't believe anyone is actually for this. The "state" has no business telling me what I can or cannot read or post.
Maybe in the last election everyone who was elected in AZ was a secret Chinese plant! They like censoring things :P

Serious Note: Arizona is the new [Insert Most Backward State IYO] now....no wonder some people want to split the state in two.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Maybe in the last election everyone who was elected in AZ was a secret Chinese plant! They like censoring things :P

Serious Note: Arizona is the new [Insert Most Backward State IYO] now....no wonder some people want to split the state in two.

No, I just think the heat drove them crazy.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,309 times
Lol after reading the comments in the link. All the conservatives are asking if Arizona is run by Democrats. My quick Google says its 70% R, 30% D. Seems even heavy conservatives are dumb founded by this.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I was a Republican for a long time.

But recent attempts at voter suppression and now this are examples of why I no longer am.

You cannot look at the teams. They are both ganging up on the Constitution.
Are they not?

It would seem, it is We the People(The Us Constitution) vs. the Progressive Establishment, who own both political parties.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:27 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm very Conservative, as seen in my posts here, but I have to say, this Arizona law, goes a little too far on the 1st amendment.

That Progressive cancer, is the element in the Republican party, that makes the two parties we get to choose from, so we can boast we are part of a team in a competitive sport, are the freak'n same team!

Look, the first amendment is not there to talk about the weather. It is there to discuss very controversial subjects, without punishment by the State to silence the people.

Arizona Passes Sweeping Internet Censorship Bill

So long 1st amendment, get in the shredder with the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 10th amendments!!!

Doesn't sound right to this Conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies