Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 07:15 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times

Advertisements

Let's see......World War I, The Armenian Genocide, World War II, The Holocaust, Ethnic Cleansing.... The history of 20th Century Europe is bloodsoaked. The Europeans have some pair trying to come off as 'enlightened' or more civilized than we Americans who sacrificed limitless blood and treasure trying to keep one half of Europe from annihilating the other half.

"Oh, really! You're from Europe? Which half? The half whose ass we saved or the half whose ass we kicked?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 07:17 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateverhere View Post
Yes you deal in biased facts.

One that fits your agenda.

Aww... please don't start crying.

You people are a piece of work.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2091rank.html

The U.S. ranks between Croatia and the Faroer Islands.
Ok, now we are getting somewhere. So, do you agree that different countries calculate infant mortality using different metrics?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then why the heck are no Republican leaders advocating stopping military spending in Europe?
Oh no...God forbid they actually come out swinging against military spending. That'll never happen.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:20 AM

266 posts, read 179,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ok, now we are getting somewhere. So, do you agree that different countries calculate infant mortality using different metrics?
No I don't. If an independent source will claim it, I will give it credit.

But not nationalcenter.org for sure.

You are hilarious.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateverhere View Post
No I don't. If an independent source will claim it, I will give it credit.

But not nationalcenter.org for sure.

You are hilarious.
Ok, to be clear, in you extensive research you have not found differences among countries in how they calculate infant mortality.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:22 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Quote:
Sigh, I am on a fools errand, I am trying to make you understand why healthcare is expensive in this country, but you re resistant to learning. I expect you to understand why prices are what they are, since you are pontificating about them.
Um. What? Where and when did you ever try to do that? Please, enlighten me on why prices are they way they are.

There are countless reasons why prices are the way they are in our healthcare system. One of the reasons it is so high is that young, healthy people are too broke to buy into the system, so it jacks up prices for everyone else who is enrolled. Obamacare is fixing that thankfully.

And I do think you are a fool, or a lemming, or both. You have provided absolutely no valid argument as to why we should not have more government involvement in our healthcare system other than "Our healthcare will be like the DMV"!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:23 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Let's see......World War I, The Armenian Genocide, World War II, The Holocaust, Ethnic Cleansing.... The history of 20th Century Europe is bloodsoaked. The Europeans have some pair trying to come off as 'enlightened' or more civilized than we Americans who sacrificed limitless blood and treasure trying to keep one half of Europe from annihilating the other half.

"Oh, really! You're from Europe? Which half? The half whose ass we saved or the half whose ass we kicked?"
The entire history of Europe is bloodsoaked, for thousands of years, that is why we are who we are. The US involvement was just a minor recent incident, Europe would have muddled its way through history one way or another, like we have always done for thousands of years. What really made modern Europe calm down a bit was the creation of the EU (even if it is a monster in its current form) and the peaceful interconnections that brought about.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
There's also a reason that Europe is headed off a cliff.
LOL...14 trillion in debt and counting, and yet you're pointing fingers about someone heading off a cliff.

No wonder the whole world thinks we're a bunch of idiots.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 AM

266 posts, read 179,904 times
Quote:
Ok, to be clear, in you extensive research you have not found differences among countries in how they calculate infant mortality.
Again give me an unbiased source and I will believe it.

The Mortality rares I posted was from the CIA Factbook, which is a source that you like to post very often.

Why is it so hard for you conservatives to accept that other countries have higher quality of life and better access to health care?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Um. What? Where and when did you ever try to do that? Please, enlighten me on why prices are they way they are.

There are countless reasons why prices are the way they are in our healthcare system. One of the reasons it is so high is that young, healthy people are too broke to buy into the system, so it jacks up prices for everyone else who is enrolled. Obamacare is fixing that thankfully.
There is one main reason healthcare cost rise faster than inflation. What is unique about healthcare? The way it is paid for. when a third party pays for a good or service, there is no incentive for rational pricing or consumption.

Obamacare will make matters exponentially worse. Not to mention 30 million more people competing for the same resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies