Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,560,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I think you and I have different ideas of what "diplomacy" is.

From your posts, I get the impression that you are for war, so our conversation is pretty much at an end.
I'm for being practical and not being stupid. If diplomacy isn't working then war becomes a honest solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 09:49 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Anyway, let's get back to the topic.
I don't think baffled is the right word, for Europe there is nothing at stake here, and most don't even know about these things in the first place. For instance in Europe many people have no idea of the balance between federal and state, we tend to view the US as one country, not as the sum of individual states (most could probably not name any states apart from California, New York and Texas). Thus we automatically assume that there are national systems for this and that in the US as well.
Chuckling might be a more appropriate word than baffled. The same feeling we have when watching US presidential candidates debate

Last edited by Neuling; 04-06-2012 at 09:59 AM..

Old 04-06-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateverhere View Post
Look you talk about two countries that have a very close relationship. Putin even speaks german at home. LOL!!! Germany doesn't consider Russia an enemy.
Which is why I stated its a German idea. I did mention paying attention several times in this thread.

Quote:
When German troops withdraw from afghanistan they will fly their equipment to russian airports and then to Germany. The Russians won't let America do that.
The Russians have allowed the US to use some of its airspace in Afghanistan.

Quote:
It's really a match made in heaven. Germany needs resources which Russia has in abundance and Russia needs technology which Germany has in abundance.
And all the countries in between get screwed in the process.

Quote:
Plus Russia is a good puffer for Germany to use in case America wants to drag them in another war.
I'd actually like to see Germany participate in a NATO conflict directly then sitting on the sides complaining about it.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:51 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
One more Obama term and he won't be wrong...just premature.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
No you are back for more. There is not a single European country that runs higher deficits than America in terms of percentage of GDP. America has a way higher Debt/GDP ratio than the EU combined.
Quote:
I was talking about deficits, not debt overall. Please read.

I know you like keep to change the parameters but you just make yourself look like a fool.

Do I have to teach you what the difference between Deficits and Debt overall is?
Ok hotshot please show you work. Prove that the US deficits per GDP is larger than all of Europe I have found zero evidence that this is true.

By the way I have included your original post, you wrote US debt to GDP ratio is higher than all of Europe. Of course you have no clue as to what you are talking about. You can't even keep debt and deficit straight in you own posts.

You keep digging deeper and deeper, I have gone from being amused by you to pitying you.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No. Why?
So you are saying those in charge of Iran are sane then.

Quote:
Actually, likes of Germany and Japan are currently dealing with a greater proportion that makes aging population (and their health care systems are proven to work even then). OTOH, the USA is ready to join them, with non-sense of ideas from the right wingers pushing for what isn't guaranteed to fail but has failed.
The German economy has shown poor growth the same with Japan and Japan is posting trade deficits as well right now which they used to never have. The aging population is going to affect them rather badly.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Nope only the entitlement class (Non producers) is growing. Which is even worse than a shrinking population.
Got proof?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Well I think, that one day america's chickens will come home to roost.
And on that day may god help us.
You realize how stupid that remark is? You are giving the okay smily why saying god help us like you want the country to crash and burn. That is beyond stupid.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:57 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
One more Obama term and he won't be wrong...just premature.
This poor poster is so out of it, see above.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:58 AM

266 posts, read 180,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Which is why I stated its a German idea. I did mention paying attention several times in this thread.
Absolutely, I just liked to emphasize it one more time.

Quote:
The Russians have allowed the US to use some of its airspace in Afghanistan.
Very reluctantly though. America had to do a lot of begging. Germany is using Russian airports for years. Plus while Germany is allowed to use Russias Airspace and Resources the russians only allow America to use some of its airspace.

Quote:
And all the countries in between get screwed in the process.
Historically they always have been. That's what happens if you are located between to powerful nations.

Quote:
I'd actually like to see Germany participate in a NATO conflict directly then sitting on the sides complaining about it.
They didn't join in Iraq nor will they join in Iran. And I will applaud them for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies