Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 08:23 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Here is the difference between liberal problem solving and the conservative asking the question.

You try our patience, to put it mildly.

The real meaning of MPH- The Original - YouTube#!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 08:30 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Conservatives would love nothing more than to have pipelines crisscrossing the country and if one developes a spill, so be it and while they are at it, chop down every tree they can find all in the name of jobs. Clean air be dammed and animals be dammed except for the trophy ones that we need to leave alone so they can kill them and mount their heads on their walls.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times

Old 04-07-2012, 09:30 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Take a look at any conservative neighborhood. Trash all over the place, cars up on blocks, engines hanging from trees, toilets used as a chair on the porch, inbred yokels that look like they haven't bathed in months, rusted out pickup trucks with confederate flags on the back, it's pretty disgusting.
Sounds like the typical democratic neighborhood to me. Keep trying little guy!! Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:46 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
I think the average person, liberal or conservative, cares about the environment. Both sides of politicians are trying to screw us over in this issue, though Republicans more than Democrats.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:59 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Take your pick these days, the left has spent plenty time creating lies to take people's minds off of the problems that we face in this country. There's no conservative war on women, there's no conservative war against the environment and there's no conservative war against this country.
i would like to address this: there is no conservative war on any of those things. but there is a republican war against them. the republican and democratic parties have driven themselves into the extremist corners of their ideologies, deep enough and far enough to where they can't even tell how ridiculous they sound anymore. and then when someone from the outside looks on in horror and revulsion, both parties rant and rave about how idiotic the other side is, often assuming that their horrified onlookers are part of the opposition just because they don't seem to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Conservatives consider anything charitable or kind to others to be "unmasculine". Even when corporations are dumping toxic waste into the rivers they get their drinking water, they'll never ally themselves with what they perceive to be bleeding heart liberals.
it is primarily the hate-spewing zombie-partisan warfare, exemplified in posts like the one above, that is responsible for the party stereotypes.

until we can learn to calm down and cooperate a bit––leaving the extremists to their own nonsense––then the divide between the parties is just going to get bigger, and any kind of rational middle ground is going to continue to look like a trap set by the other party.

i am an independent, and find myself divided on a number of issues. but i swing conservative more often than not, though i have a hard time bringing myself to touch the disgusting republican party any more than the self-righteous democrats.

but i am a lot more concerned about environmental issues than are most conservatives that i know, or at least, than most republicans that i know. i think that the political warfare going on around the issue of the environment is doing us all a great disservice, because while we fight and scheme and bicker, nothing is being done and nothing is getting better.

like it or not, the environment that we rely on for survival is delicate, and we are being very irresponsible with it. water is going to be one of the most immediate concerns (already is in many areas of the nation, and much more, the world). but it is only going to get worse if we continue the partisan warfare to the exclusion of actually using science and logic and reason to come up with solutions.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:21 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Take a look at any conservative neighborhood. Trash all over the place, cars up on blocks, engines hanging from trees, toilets used as a chair on the porch, inbred yokels that look like they haven't bathed in months, rusted out pickup trucks with confederate flags on the back, it's pretty disgusting.
I live in a very conservative area and that doesn't represent anything anywhere around here at all

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-08-2012 at 05:19 AM..

Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Conservatives would love nothing more than to have pipelines crisscrossing the country and if one developes a spill, so be it and while they are at it, chop down every tree they can find all in the name of jobs. Clean air be dammed and animals be dammed except for the trophy ones that we need to leave alone so they can kill them and mount their heads on their walls.
That's a lie and everyone knows it.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:04 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
universal health care: No they oppose the stuff that doesn't apply to health care at all in the Pelsoi bill. It's reform we need not more free stuff to people who pay nothing at ALL!!

welfare: We wouldn't need this if everyone worked and took care of their own needs and wants.

social security: See you support a ponzi scheme that pads the government pockets to rob it any time they feel the need. Read up on how President Clinton used it to clear debt, as I recall he is on the left. So can't see where you think the right is against social security.

food stamps: Another program that should only be temporarily used, this is not to be a life style of living.

free lunch program: Yeah, those parents need more money to buy drugs and cigarettes, sure wouldn't want them to do without their needs. Who in their right mind wouldn't do all they could to provide lunch for their child.

You and the left just want people to sit around and ask for every hand out and complain that the right is keeping them down. Try listening to Star Parker sometime and educate yourself on what it's like to rise above the Democrat/Welfare hold.
Thanks for proving my point about conservative greed better than I as a liberal could. Not everybody is an able bodied adult, there are children, the handicapped and the elderly to look after. Right wingers are either too ignorant to realize that if they pulled the safety net out that lots of people would end up starving and homeless or largely apathetic about it. I don't know what it's like to be so void of human emotion and empathy that having people treated like medevial serfs is acceptable to conservatives, it's just a shame so many are completely narcissistic/sociopathic in America.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:26 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Thanks for proving my point about conservative greed better than I as a liberal could.
I used to run a fuel delivery business and had a lot of low income families and the elderly that were customers. Inevitably some would fall on hard times and I would get requests for credit. My normal procedure for credit was to charge interest however in these cases I might waive those fees, provide a reduced rate and in some rare cases free of charge.

BUT.... before doing that I would assess the customer. How long have they been a customer? Did they have a job before? Have they paid me promptly in the past? The answer to all of these questions would be determining factor in whether or not they got fuel at my expense to heat their home and how much.

For example I would have long term elderly customers that would call up and be ordering very small amounts and I knew it was because they couldn't afford to pay for the entire bill at once. I'd offer them larger quantity interest free. On the other hand if I had a family that was already receiving heating assistance, the parents never worked, place was filthy, they expected too much as customer etc...... Even if they had kids they didn't get a penny from me.

Am I being greedy in your book? If I'm not being greedy why should the same thing not be applied to welfare in general?

The issue I have is not with welfare, its welfare that goes to those fully capable of supporting themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies