Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 12:27 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,080,222 times

Advertisements

Hundreds of thousands of republicans at the Washington National Mall and when they left, you couldn't find a candy wrapper.
Hundreds of thousands of democrats, union members, and so called 'friends of the earth' occupy the same space and when they leave there is tons of garbage left behind.
In every city that has had an 'occupy movement', tons of garbage have been left behind.
Who doesn't care about the environment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceInTheCrowd View Post
I would think that 'conserving' also included blood and land.
Conserving the most important part of your country.

The actual country.

The land itself and the basis for all life growing on it.
LOL.

Any environmentally conscious conservatives on these boards?
What are your thoughts on this?

Can conservatives be stewards of the Earth?

Is it possible? Thanks.
republicans are all for protecting the environment, its just that we also want to balance the needs of the people with the needs of the environment.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:36 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Hundreds of thousands of republicans at the Washington National Mall and when they left, you couldn't find a candy wrapper.
Hundreds of thousands of democrats, union members, and so called 'friends of the earth' occupy the same space and when they leave there is tons of garbage left behind.
In every city that has had an 'occupy movement', tons of garbage have been left behind.
excellent point!

Old 04-06-2012, 12:47 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
excellent point!
Yes, it is an excellent post!

Old 04-06-2012, 02:26 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
The EPA scams don't help:

"The EPA gives millions to the environmental groups that sue it. “When the EPA settles or loses those suits, it then awards the groups millions more in attorneys’ fees,†notes legal commentator Walter Olson. “‘The EPA isn’t harmed by these suits,’ said Jeffrey Holmstead, who was an EPA official during the Bush administration. ‘Often the suits involve things the EPA wants to do anyway. By inviting a lawsuit and then signing a consent decree, the agency gets legal cover from political heat.’"

"The cap-and-trade bill is chock full of costly corporate welfare, and would have a “trivially small†effect on greenhouse gas emissions while imposing an enormous cost, according to a former Obama Advisor. It is supported by the same special-interests and corporate rent-seekers who supported the stimulus package’s green-jobs provisions, which used tax dollars to outsource American jobs, subsidizing foreign “green jobs†that replaced thousands of American jobs. Recent EPA rules will wipe out at least 800,000 jobs. Two economists say the stimulus destroyed 550,000 jobs.)"

EPA Gives Millions to Green Groups That Sue It; Massive Funding Advantage for Enviro Groups and Green Welfare

Old 04-06-2012, 03:17 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Quote:
They're at least supposed to be monitoring corporate maleficence.
Not their fault that we have allowed the fox to guard the chicken coop, so to speak.
With Exxon board members revolving in and out of the EPA, etc etc etc.

Anyways, I ask because there are a few things I really side with conservatives about.
But environment is really a huge issue with me. And it seems like the hot rail issue for the Right.

So, I was hoping to get some good links and book suggestions are Green Republicans, or whatever.

When looking at enviremental issues, be sure to look at the whole picture. Not just the surface.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:35 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,486 times
who gives a rip about the earth when jebus is coming back in our lifetimes

why do you hate job creators? don't you want to get away from foreign oil?

Old 04-06-2012, 05:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
I am hard core conservative.

I sell solar for a living.

I have solar panels on my house.

I recycle like crazy.

I drive a very economical car.

The problem is the over reaching unelected EPA.

Don't believe the hype for the regime.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:42 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
To the leftie brain, what you say is all that matters.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:45 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Defensive much? All I did was ask a question.
You asked a loaded question. Kinda like "When did you stop beating your wife?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies