Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 04:37 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,485,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Ignorance reigns supreme in leftist circles.

Leftists are only able to lie, smear and bully. They think that is how an argument is won. Facts? They never have any, unless they are purely manufactured to support their opinions. Their sources are Daily Kos, Media Matters, MovOn.org, Think ["Stink"] Progress, etc, etc.

They live in their own mind.
Indeed.They`re afraid of the truths to be found at Drudge,World Nut Daily and the Rev. Moon`s Washington Examiner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 04:41 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm beginning to understand why you wouldn't want to go, based on some of the posts here! But again, it really shouldn't matter... if for some crazy reason you did want to go there, would you not be appalled at their turning you away?

What posts? I haven't seen one racist post here yet. The only posts that seem offensive to me are the race baiting ones from you leftist loons.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:47 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,336,309 times
Quote:
So, how's that non-judgmental and rational thinking going? Does it not pertain to blatantly slandering and generalizing about approximately 50% of the nation's population?? Please read what you just wrote, and explain to me how you're any better than these "leftists" you hate so much.

P.S. I'm a "leftist" who's never even visited any of those sources you think we worship.
You're stretching the truth. It's actually a fact that over 60% of Americans describe themselves as being at least "somewhat" conservative, in a poll that is done year after year.

I don't need to explain anything to you. Just read the posts here on C-D. You'll figure it out.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:58 AM

30,383 posts, read 51,996,897 times
Quote:
You're stretching the truth. It's actually a fact that over 60% of Americans describe themselves as being at least "somewhat" conservative, in a poll that is done year after year.
I wasn't "stretching the truth," just threw out a number off the cuff... hence my use of the word approximately. But what difference does it make? Is it any better for you to disparage and stereotype 40% of the population, as opposed to 50%? The logic you display is astounding, LOL.

Quote:
I don't need to explain anything to you. Just read the posts here on C-D. You'll figure it out.
I've been a member for almost 6 years, including 3+ years as a moderator... and I see these qualities you mentioned from BOTH sides on a regular basis. So methinks you're the one who needs to open your eyes, and stop seeing everything as an "us vs them" kind of deal. And if you want to call somebody else intolerant and one-sided, it might behoove you to stop doing the same exact thing - then you probably wonder why right-wingers are often called hypocrites? I try not to judge like that, but it's getting harder and harder to keep myself from doing so.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:06 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,758,734 times
Quote:
Wow, just wow. I've now changed my mind... it apparently would be stupid for anyone to enter these "all-white bars," if this is the kind of racism that prevails in such a place. Seriously???
Thankyou! I will not paint a rosey picture, if you want to ignore the problem. then go ahead and wander in to one of these black bars. Here is one example of many... Hell, most blacks I know won't be caught dead there!

Court order shuts down Envy bar in New Kensington - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Old 04-08-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
What posts? I haven't seen one racist post here yet. The only posts that seem offensive to me are the race baiting ones from you leftist loons.
This "leftist loon" can read pretty well, and I don't see anything where I said "these RACIST posts" - do you? I meant the descriptions of all-white bars in Kentucky, along with a couple of racially-charged posts, give me an idea of why black people might not feel comfortable there. Here, I'll give you a few examples:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
It takes guts for a Black person to enter a bar in Kentucky, remember the bar scene in Blues Brothers or 48 hours, rawhide
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
To be fair, why would any Black person even want to go to that bar in the first place? I can't imagine any normal, non-self hating Black person actually wanting to go to an all-White bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
They have no where else to go, almost all of the so called black bars in my area have been closed down due to violence and killings. I honestly don't blame them for protecting their establishment from this. Let a few good ones in and the bad ones follow.
Now please stop making yourself look like a hypocrite, and try actually responding without partisan name-calling... it's really quite tiring and hilariously ironic.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Thankyou! I will not paint a rosey picture, if you want to ignore the problem. then go ahead and wander in to one of these black bars. Here is one example of many... Hell, most blacks I know won't be caught dead there!

Court order shuts down Envy bar in New Kensington - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Thus it's okay to discriminate against ALL black people, based on the problems at a few other bars? We have lots of fights in "biker bars" (sometimes even ending in homicide) around here, so should it be understandable to turn away anyone with a Harley jacket?

And as I already mentioned, I've been to "black bars" in my area more than once... I survived just fine.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:21 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,758,734 times
Quote:
Thus it's okay to discriminate against ALL black people, based on the problems at a few other bars? We have lots of fights in "biker bars" (sometimes even ending in homicide) around here, so should it be understandable to turn away anyone with a Harley jacket?

And as I already mentioned, I've been to "black bars" in my area more than once... I survived just fine.
You're right, I was gonna mention biker bars also. So, how does a white bar owner tell the difference between good and bad black people, as I said, let a few good ones in and the bad ones follow. When certain segments of the black community, quit behaving badly, it will benefit the rest of you, because that is where the real problem lies. Sweep your own back porch first, then you can come play with us! It is called zero tolerance!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:53 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,440,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
To be fair, why would any Black person even want to go to that bar in the first place? I can't imagine any normal, non-self hating Black person actually wanting to go to an all-White bar.
Your ignorance is showing.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,440,256 times
Unfortunately Blacks don't always put their best foot forward in regards to nightclubs (heck in many public settings for that matter). Here in PG county the council has gone as far as trying to shut clubs down where violence and shootings seem to occur pretty frequently. They hold the clubs responsible which I feel is somewhat unfair they only can do so much.

At any rate blatant discrimination against a whole group of people is still wrong and if this is proven to be true the bar in question should face sanctions.

Last edited by EdwardA; 04-08-2012 at 06:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies