Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 12:49 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,328,525 times

Advertisements

Currently America has the highest prison population in the world, we account for nearly a quarter of the worlds prison population.

Our drug laws alone make about 1 out of 10 people a criminals in their own country.

This group of criminals comprises a minority sized population. How can you really call it a free country when you have a criminal minority?

But How can conservatives claim to be defenders of freedom? It's the conservative demi-gods like Limbaugh and Hannity that are literally saying that drug users need to be rounded up and removed from society.

I'm not saying that the left isn't responsible for their share of idiotic, ridiculous laws, they are. But the lefties tend to not be as much of a fan of the prison system as the righties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 01:05 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Neither party is for freedom, just power. The left gives far too much power to the wacko fringe groups purposely, because social agitation works in their favor. The right and the left both give way too much power and make way too many promises to lobbyists, nullifying any hope for the greater good of the people they are supposed to be serving. Both sides are hyper-hypocritical. Both Pelosi and Boehner are guilty of insider trading. Barney Frank helped cause the biggest financial meltdown in history and took zero responsibility.

Our political system is great, it's the politicians who suck.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:25 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
The GOP is based on hypocrisy. They pretend they are for "less government! pro-constitution!" but in reality, they are the party of huge government and anti-constitution.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:26 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,328,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Neither party is for freedom, just power. The left gives far too much power to the wacko fringe groups purposely, because social agitation works in their favor. The right and the left both give way too much power and make way too many promises to lobbyists, nullifying any hope for the greater good of the people they are supposed to be serving. Both sides are hyper-hypocritical. Both Pelosi and Boehner are guilty of insider trading. Barney Frank helped cause the biggest financial meltdown in history and took zero responsibility.

Our political system is great, it's the politicians who suck.
This all sounds pretty solid, I can easily believe that the left is very responsible as well. But they don't seem to be as vocal about being patriots and defenders of freedom and all that apple pie stuff. I guess what I'm getting to is why put on the big act, why put up the huge red white and blue front about freedom? Is it just the right's advertising gimmick?

Old 04-08-2012, 02:07 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The GOP is based on hypocrisy. They pretend they are for "less government! pro-constitution!" but in reality, they are the party of huge government and anti-constitution.
You are wrong again (as usual).

Old 04-08-2012, 03:06 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You are wrong again (as usual).
I'm 100% right (as usual)

Old 04-08-2012, 05:46 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,994 times
Neither side is for freedoms. They just have different views on what to control.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:50 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,399,574 times
The current GOP is the party of freedom for corporations and the very wealthy.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:34 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,519,462 times
Anyone who supports the murder of millions of innocent people (i.e. the majority of both parties) is NOT a champion of freedom.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:43 AM

1,332 posts, read 995,332 times
I think conservatives are more for fiscal responsibility...strong defense....smaller government and lower taxes. As far as freedom? I don't see a lot of difference between the parties on that point.

I think on both sides, there are some good politicians who believe they are doing what is right for the people....and I believe there are politicians who are in it to get rich by manipulating the system. To me, the reason government is so F'ed up is because of the ones who are in it for themselves. We have plenty of freedom in this country...we need to overhaul the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies