Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
The heavens declare the Glory of God - The universe is all that one has to ponder - I guess another amoeba crawled off some planet to design that precision that is present in the universe.

Out of chaos comes precise timing and measurements. A fish did it!
The universe is a vast and infinite place. Do you really believe that we are the only inhabitants? To superior beings, that very well might exist, we are still amoebas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,248,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The universe is a vast and infinite place. Do you really believe that we are the only inhabitants? To superior beings, that very well might exist, we are still amoebas.
You're right, no one can say yes or no if there is other intelligent life out there somewhere. In my mind, there is, but there is no proof either way.

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I've had 3 documented stokes. The last one in 2003 took away all my sight. Doctors said I would never regain my sight. 95% lost in the right eye 75% in the left eye. I told each of them -You two clowns need to go back to school and learn. Less than 1 month later all sight was restored.
They were each SHOCKED!

No! Please tell me how easy it would have been to do it YOUR WAY.

Again you place yourself above and higher than God in (your knowledge).

You have slapped HIM in the face twice today.

tisk tisk tisk.
Satan answers my prayers, probably more than your god answers yours.
A few years ago I prayed to Satan that Jerry Falwell should die. And, only days later, that weirdo finally kicked the bucket.
That proves that Satan is more powerful than your god.

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:
I flushed some of your relatives down the toilet today. sorry!!

Old 04-16-2012, 04:34 PM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
The fact is...humans are a bit presumptuous to think that we are these perfect lifeforms. Yes, created in the image of type of superior entity. Sure we are . We kill, destroy, pollute, rape, steal, lie, cheat, are ruled by greed and self-serving manipulation, abuse other species of life, etc. Tell me...what kind of God would produce such a failed experiment and say that it was created in his image?
Aside from the fact that you don't seem to have found much to comment on, specifically relating to my post ... sounds to me like you don't believe human beings have actually "evolved" very much at all, compared to our ape ancestors who couldn't have been any worse than how you describe modern humans? I guess evolution only deals with physical and cosmetic change, but does nothing insofar as evolution of intelligence?

Be that as it may, I'm sad for you that you should have such a self loathing hatred for yourself and your own species, unless of course you have extended yourself a special exemption from those charges? But even though none of what you claim can be denied to occur far too frequently ... if we took only your testimony into account, ALL human beings would be a worthless scourge with no hope of redemption, with the possible exception of yourself.

But that's just not the reality at all. There are far more good people and good deeds being done every second of every minute of every hour of every day, than there are bad .... just nobody shines a spotlight on those things. Though I will admit that it seems that bad behavior is growing in volumes unseen before in my lifetime, I think much of that is a direct reflection of people who embrace your mindset. Self loathing, God hating, moral relativists that promote the idea that we are simply evolutionary accidents of nature, having no real purpose or value. Just cosmetically, but not intellectually evolved animals. And the more people view themselves as animals, the more animal like you can expect them to behave. Since moral values of honestly and kindness and decency are so outdated in the minds of folks of your ilk, why would you complain of their absence, let alone condemn? Seems to me, you should be rejoicing in the fact that the universe is giving you the exact experience you've called forth.

And there is little doubt that you're a global warmist, and pro abortion type too, because that is part and parcel of the greater sickness you suffer. A self loathing, defeatist mentality, who embraces hate, and glorifies death. To some, there is a rose, and to others, just thorns. I'm pretty sure which one describes you.

Unfortunately, you'll surely find exactly what you expect to find, because all of it is there, the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly ... depending solely on what you focus your attention on.

Yes indeed, at any given time you might find someone dying of thirst in the desert ... another drowning in the ocean ... while also finding a large group of others wiggling their toes in the sand, watching the waves break on the beach, sipping an ice cold tasty beverage.

Life can be either a beach or a B****. It's a personal choice that no one else can make for you, except you.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:38 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What do you mean I have no evidence for my claim? You asked me what I wanted taught in school - I told you. Again you are making assumptions about what I claim. Let me repeat it once again. Teach biology - describe life and its processes without discussing its origins. Do you deny that there is scientific evidence that life exists and functions in certain ways. I most certainly hope you aren't saying that. If you are - all i can say is...WOW!
So, I can talk about how we share a common ancestor with chimps as long as I don't mention primordial soup or the big bang?

I'd buy that. The origins of life is really a teensy part of the biology curriculum.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:40 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
So, I can talk about how we share a common ancestor with chimps as long as I don't mention primordial soup or the big bang?

I'd buy that. The origins of life is really a teensy part of the biology curriculum.
Your denial that abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution - is just that - a denial.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:40 PM

Well at least he finally admitted to his religious and political agenda.

You put up a good fight though, GuyNTexas. And you managed to do it for 77 pages without using many insults. I'll give you props for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Aside from the fact that you don't seem to have found much to comment on, specifically relating to my post ... sounds to me like you don't believe human beings have actually "evolved" very much at all, compared to our ape ancestors who couldn't have been any worse than how you describe modern humans? I guess evolution only deals with physical and cosmetic change, but does nothing insofar as evolution of intelligence?

Be that as it may, I'm sad for you that you should have such a self loathing hatred for yourself and your own species, unless of course you have extended yourself a special exemption from those charges? But even though none of what you claim can be denied to occur far too frequently ... if we took only your testimony into account, ALL human beings would be a worthless scourge with no hope of redemption, with the possible exception of yourself.

But that's just not the reality at all. There are far more good people and good deeds being done every second of every minute of every hour of every day, than there are bad .... just nobody shines a spotlight on those things. Though I will admit that it seems that bad behavior is growing in volumes unseen before in my lifetime, I think much of that is a direct reflection of people who embrace your mindset. Self loathing, God hating, moral relativists that promote the idea that we are simply evolutionary accidents of nature, having no real purpose or value. Just cosmetically, but not intellectually evolved animals. And the more people view themselves as animals, the more animal like you can expect them to behave. Since moral values of honestly and kindness and decency are so outdated in the minds of folks of your ilk, why would you complain of their absence, let alone condemn? Seems to me, you should be rejoicing in the fact that the universe is giving you the exact experience you've called forth.

And there is little doubt that you're a global warmist, and pro abortion type too, because that is part and parcel of the greater sickness you suffer. A self loathing, defeatist mentality, who embraces hate, and glorifies death. To some, there is a rose, and to others, just thorns. I'm pretty sure which one describes you.

Unfortunately, you'll surely find exactly what you expect to find, because all of it is there, the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly ... depending solely on what you focus your attention on.

Yes indeed, at any given time you might find someone dying of thirst in the desert ... another drowning in the ocean ... while also finding a large group of others wiggling their toes in the sand, watching the waves break on the beach, sipping an ice cold tasty beverage.

Life can be either a beach or a B****. It's a personal choice that no one else can make for you, except you.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Your denial that abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution - is just that - a denial.
No, you're allowing me to skip it in my Intro Biology class. I'm saying that since I spend less than 10 minutes on it, I don't mind cutting that part out if it will mean that I still can talk about evolution. I'm fine with just starting with bacteria and going from there.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:45 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Spermatogenesis is just as valid a theory in relation to ToE as abiogenesis. Hell, even special creation of that initial life form doesn't violate ToE

All ToE needs is life, regardless of how it gets here, in order to begin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies