Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 02:17 PM

9,011 posts, read 13,850,777 times

Advertisements

I like Allen Keyes,West,and Condolezza Rice. I think they are great role models.
Not that I have anything against Obama,but African Americans are more culturally closer to then(all are black americans,where Obama is half Kenyan,half white).

I know Obama will go down in history as the first black american president,but it would have been cool to have Condi as the first black american female.

I admit,I don't like Clarence Thomas. Sorry.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:20 PM

9,011 posts, read 13,850,777 times
It would be great if Romney picks her as his vp running mate,or Allen West.
I think that would inprove the republicans image with the black community.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,375,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I like Allen Keyes,West,and Condolezza Rice. I think they are great role models.
Not that I have anything against Obama,but African Americans are more culturally closer to then(all are black americans,where Obama is half Kenyan,half white).

I know Obama will go down in history as the first black american president,but it would have been cool to have Condi as the first black american female.

I admit,I don't like Clarence Thomas. Sorry.
Partly because black Republicans are telling blacks to stop making excuses, stop blaming everyone else, keep their peckers in their pants, stay in school, get a job and PAY YOUR OWN WAY.

Unfortunately, too many black Americans have been told (by Democrats) for years that they CANNOT succeed, and that it's everybody else's fault.

I wish Romney would pick Condi for his VP.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It would be great if Romney picks her as his vp running mate,or Allen West.
I think that would inprove the republicans image with the black community.
No, actually, it won't.

George W. Bush had the most racially diverse administration/cabinet in history. Did blacks notice?

Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,943,650 times
Are any of them running for President? The last one bowed out amidst a marital scandal. Not sure that exactly screams "Black Republicans should run for POTUS."

Colin Powell would have most likely been the first if he ran and he would have gotten my vote. Since he didn't I wrote in Ron Paul.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:28 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,943,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Partly because black Republicans are telling blacks to stop making excuses, stop blaming everyone else, keep their peckers in their pants, stay in school, get a job and PAY YOUR OWN WAY.

Unfortunately, too many black Americans have been told (by Democrats) for years that they CANNOT succeed, and that it's everybody else's fault.

I wish Romney would pick Condi for his VP.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:30 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,859,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post

The truth hurts.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:31 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
See above for reasons why blacks don't vote for republicans. This topic has been brought up numerous times on numerous threads. You can do a search for your answer.

I will admit that I do like Condi Rice (I am black BTW). I think she is very intelligent and she seems like a decent, non-crazy lady. I don't think that mainstream, popular, uber right conservatives would support her though. She is not crazy enough.

I also like Colin Powell who many of the republicans I know don't even consider a republican. If you guys had any sense you would run someone like Powell or Rice. They are decent, normal black Americans.

Instead you like to go on and on about plantations, which bring slavery to mind for black people, or insinuate that the majority of black people use public assistance or are criminals, which is far from the truth. If the GOP was smarter and actually wanted black votes they would stop references to black people. You can talk about personal responsibility and never speak about black people. You can talk about liberals and never talk about black people.

And FWIW, I am an independent. I would gladly vote for a sane, center right republican if one ran who is not uber religious. I am not one to believe that someone's religion needs to be discussed unless they support human sacrifice.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Are any of them running for President? The last one bowed out amidst a marital scandal. Not sure that exactly screams "Black Republicans should run for POTUS."

Colin Powell would have most likely been the first if he ran and he would have gotten my vote. Since he didn't I wrote in Ron Paul.
Cain was my man, until...

And yeah, Colin Powell would be great. But I think he's way too smart to put up with running for President.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:33 PM

1,299 posts, read 1,280,520 times
Thomas Sowell > Michael Eric Dyson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies