Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 07:16 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
In many parts of the country it is the Anglos that have failed to assimilate into the preexisting culture. Why do “they” have to become like “us” when they were there first?
Do you say the same thing about indians?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Do you say the same thing about indians?
Did the indians say the same thing about the caucasians?

Kennewick Man

"The completeness and unusually good condition of the skeleton, presence of caucasoid traits, lack of definitive Native-American characteristics, and the association with an early homestead led me to suspect that the bones represented a European settler."

Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 PM

744 posts, read 811,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Italians are considered White...but here are some Caucasian women that may be to your liking...classy, not loud or obnoxious.

Tamra and Jeana fight - OC Housewives - YouTube
Like I said reality TV is not reality, anyway...I never said there aren't White girls who are obnoxious, ugly, mean,etc etc. but exceptions are not the rule. I mean, you can't be serious posting these videos as evidence contrary to my assertions about White girls!?

White girls in my opinion are the best on average overall..I just love em',my opinion. Sorry but there are cultural differences between races. Black girls stereotypically are loud and obnoxious, Puerto Rican women controlling, domineering..Asian women subservient,quiet..This doesn't mean everyone fits into the cookie cutter stereotype of their race of course but there are pretty distinctive cultural differences...

Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
A Mexican-American Expresses His Opinion

[SIZE=2]"But Mexico has given to me the burden of supporting its people, and has made me tolerate its drug dealers, its human traffickers and criminals. We have had to endure many violations committed on us. We have had our national security violated by all who come here illegally; we have also seen murders, rapes, assault, theft and many more crimes committed. Some will say they don't do any of those crimes, that they are a good, honest hard working people. Coming here illegally is not a good way to immigrate; it is not an honest way. While many do not commit any federal crimes, they do take from us, by leaching off of our welfare system, overcrowding our hospitals, and depleting our school system of money that belongs to our children while not paying a cent into the American system.[/SIZE]
"

Racist? NOT wanting illegal aliens here ain't racist. Mr Pacheco is right.
We need more people like that!!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:26 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
While all of the Hispanics I know are staunch opponents of illegal immigration, according to all reports I have read, the majority are proponents. In fact, their self-appointed leaders (Gutierrez, Murguia, et al.) have threatened that Hispanics will not vote for Obama if he does not honor his promise to pass CIR and the DREAM Act, which would both legalize most illegal aliens.

Moreover, a large percentage of Hispanics have illegal alien relatives and friends, which is the primary reason there is so much support for their legalization; that, in addition to, ethnic solidarity. Do you actually believe Obama would continue to use "immigration" as a pandering tool, if the majority of Hispanics were opposed to illegal immigration? I think not.

Gutierrez: Support For Obama Depends On Immigration Reform « CBS Chicago

Frank Sharry: What Latino Voters Need to Hear on Immigration Reform From Obama at NCLR

Latinos To Obama: Change On Immigration Or Else

Again, most Hispanic-Americans speak English and have assimilated. It's the untold millions of their illegal brethren who are creating such a demand for ESL classes, interpreters, and press 2 for Spanish. And, the tax-funded ESL classes and interpreters are costing U.S. taxpayers billions annually.
What I don't understand is Hispanics say they won't vote for Obama if he doesn't past the amnesty act dream act, whatever, then who are they gonna vote for. They sure as hell are not gonna vote for the republican candidate?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
What I don't understand is Hispanics say they won't vote for Obama if he doesn't past the amnesty act dream act, whatever, then who are they gonna vote for. They sure as hell are not gonna vote for the republican candidate?
I was wondering that too. Tho their NOT voting for Obama may hand the White House to Romney, the son of a Mexican.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Melting pot is in full effect:

Rate of Mixed-Race Marriage Has Doubled in the Past 30 Years

There is no written set of code that define what US culture is, not even an official language.
For a country with "no" def culture; the US must be better than any LatAm country's culture otherwise millions of Hispanic illegal aliens wouldn't be here. They'd be IN Mexico, ARgentina, and so on.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Like I said reality TV is not reality, anyway...I never said there aren't White girls who are obnoxious, ugly, mean,etc etc. but exceptions are not the rule. I mean, you can't be serious posting these videos as evidence contrary to my assertions about White girls!?

White girls in my opinion are the best on average overall..I just love em',my opinion. Sorry but there are cultural differences between races. Black girls stereotypically are loud and obnoxious, Puerto Rican women controlling, domineering..Asian women subservient,quiet..This doesn't mean everyone fits into the cookie cutter stereotype of their race of course but there are pretty distinctive cultural differences...
So, curious, what is your stereotype for White men?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:34 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
For a country with "no" def culture; the US must be better than any LatAm country's culture otherwise millions of Hispanic illegal aliens wouldn't be here. They'd be IN Mexico, ARgentina, and so on.
Yes I do think it is better, but I like not having a defined culture, change is good IMO. I like the differences between Miami and Chicago, LA and Denver, Houston and Cleveland...it's a great advantage in the US. Sorry you hate the US so much.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So, curious, what is your stereotype for White men?
Do you REALLY want to go there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.