Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
You're running some pretty epic flame here.
Who am I flaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
It came from Trayvon's youtube page. They have removed the video, but the family has never contested that the youtube account was his. So are you saying that the real Trayvon found a video of another Trayvon in a fight club adn uploaded it to his account?

This info has been out there for a couple of months, it's just getting more traction now.

Here's the screen shot of his youtube account before this video was removed:

Here's the link to his Youtube account today:
zxzxmi99 - YouTube
So freaking what? Your efforts to portray Trayvon as a thug have no bearing on this case whatsoever. GZ didn't even know who Trayvon was.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,598,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No

Well, the hosts of GMA are not lawyers, IIRC. I don't see how Trayvon belonging to a fight club matter any more than if he had been a member of the Boy Scouts.
Exactly, how is it relevant to this case?

Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 PM

307 posts, read 522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
That is all irrelevant; Trayvon Martin isn't on trial, he's in the cemetery. Plus, George Zimmerman knew nothing about Martin...his only reason for detaining him was because he thought that perhaps Martin didn't belong there.
While the "burglary tools", and tattoo are unlikely to be admitted into evidence the Pot/Blood Plasma levels might be allowed.

You said "George Zimmerman knew nothing about Martin...his only reason for detaining him was because he thought that perhaps Martin didn't belong there." Others have made similar claims, and it looks like the prosecution will also make such claims that, 'Zimmerman had no reason to suspect Trayvon of anything."

However the defense will claim that Zimmerman had reason to be suspicious of Trayvon because as was said on the 911 call, Zimmerman thought Trayvon "was on drugs or something." The judge will likely allow evidence supporting Zimmerman's claim.

Such evidence would include Trayvon's THC levels (1.5 nanograms/ml) if it can be shown that such levels might be noticeable . So will the defense lawyer be able to find an expert to testify as such?

I did a quick search and turned up several reports that suggest this may be the case. One from the NHTSA suggests that THC levels can fall below 5 ng/ml within 3 hours yet physiological effects can remain for 3-5 hours and in some cases up to 24 hours later. This is in comparison to the average peak dose in the range of 100 ng/ml when first smoked. See below for website and quotes.

In this case I would not discount the possibility that the THC/Pot evidence will play a part in the trial.

Drugs and Human Performance FACT SHEETS - Cannabis / Marijuana ( D 9 -Tetrahydrocannabinol, THC)

Interpretation of Blood Concentrations: It is difficult to establish a relationship between a person's THC blood or plasma concentration and performance impairing effects. Concentrations of parent drug and metabolite are very dependent on pattern of use as well as dose. THC concentrations typically peak during the act of smoking, while peak 11-OH THC concentrations occur approximately 9-23 minutes after the start of smoking. Concentrations of both analytes decline rapidly and are often < 5 ng/mL at 3 hours....

Duration of Effects: ....Most behavioral and physiological effects return to baseline levels within 3-5 hours after drug use, although some investigators have demonstrated residual effects in specific behaviors up to 24 hours, such as complex divided attention tasks. Psychomotor impairment can persist after the perceived high has dissipated. ...

Old 05-22-2012, 09:49 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,265 times
Hilarious, this is the modus operandi for the pro-Trayvon crowd. They repeat lies over and over, then you prove them wrong, and they go, "So what, doesn't matter!!"
lol

Old 05-22-2012, 09:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
You're running some pretty epic flame here.
No, I think the people who are flaming are those trying to blame the victim. The Sanford Police made a statement that Trayvon Martin was doing nothing criminal when he was followed that evening. They also said that the shooting was completely avoidable.

Honestly, I'd be laughing out loud if this wasn't so sad and hateful. People pay lots of money to see men (and women) fighting in a ring. WWE has over 13 million viewers. Someone finds a video of some high school kids boxing and there's a tall Black kid in the background. You hear someone calling out "Trayvon" so that has to be Trayvon Martin. Even if it is, he isn't fighting anyone! In fact, living in the city, I hope he learned how to fight, since that's a lot less violent than shooting people!

By the way, the Black person who is fighting isn't close to 6'2" tall. So if people are calling out "be careful Trayvon" wouldn't they be shouting to one of the fighters? The description says he's the tall kid in the striped shirt. It's not relevant, but I'll believe it's even real when it's authenticated by a reliable source, not a blog like Breitbart and hate sites like Stormfront. Boy, they seemed to pick up on this faster than anyone!

Old 05-22-2012, 10:01 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He didn't change what he saw but what he heard, the mysterious cry for help that Martin's own father said was not him. Also the date of the change of story is instructive. March 20th is when Sharpton and company were throwing around accusations and the MSM was going berserk over this case. My guess is this witness wanted to minimize what he heard as to not get pulled into the maelstrom.

The defense is going to have difficulty getting witnesses to testify in open court with the climate Sharpton has created.
EdwardA, clearly, your witness 6 (see below)did not change his story because of Sharpton. Yes, this is the witness upon whom you based your belief that the Zimmerman case was all sewn up, IYO. Look, he changed his mind about Trayvon punching Zimmerman MMA style and decided maybe Trayvon had just pinned Zimmerman down. Also, now he doesn't know who was calling for help. Hmmmm. Those pesky eye witnesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
U.S. News - Newspaper: 4 witnesses change stories in Trayvon Martin shooting

Among the changes, according to the Sentinel:
Witness 2: A young woman from the Retreat at Twin Lakes community, where Martin, 17, was shot Feb. 26, first told investigators she saw two men running and a fist fight. She later said she only saw one person running and couldn’t distinguish much because she had removed her contact lenses.
Witness 12: A young mother in the townhome community first said she saw two men on the ground but wasn’t sure who was on top; she later said Zimmerman was on top because she recognized his size based on news reports.
Witness 13: A male neighbor first said Zimmerman, with a bloodied head, told him he had to shoot Martin because “he was beating up on me,” and to please call Zimmerman’s wife. He later went into detail and described Zimmerman’s tone right after the shooting as casual, like the shooting was “nothing.”
Witness 6: A male neighbor, whose story change was initially reported Friday, first told police Martin was on top of Zimmerman and throwing down punches mixed martial arts style. He also first said Zimmerman was calling for help. The man later said he wasn’t sure who was yelling for help, and that Martin may have merely pinned Zimmerman to the ground. He was still sure, however, that Martin was on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Hilarious, this is the modus operandi for the pro-Trayvon crowd. They repeat lies over and over, then you prove them wrong, and they go, "So what, doesn't matter!!"
lol
What proof?

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Without getting into everything bantered about. Ok. So? He was carrying a gun with him to Target. Can you predict when, where, why, and how you are going to be attacked?

I carry two guns with me, and a rifle in my car, when I go to 7-11. Does that mean I'm coming unglued too?

Pretty broad over generalization there.
Well, I'm 57 years old and I have never been attacked and I'll bet I never will be and I'm certainly not going to spend the rest of my life worrying that it's going to happen.

I am also a single woman living in a very rural area - there are four homes/farms (besides mine) within a mile of me. The back of my property borders national forest with miles and miles and miles of woods and logging roads and clearcuts. I don't lock my doors and I leave the keys in the ignitions of my vehicles (I do have a gate across my driveway).

WHY is everybody so freakin' paranoid that they think they have to go into a 7-11 store ARMED? I swear, it's like you all are HOPING for a confrontation - which could be exactly the type of mentality that caused the death of a teenage boy.

I don't get it. And I'm not even anti gun!

Old 05-22-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post

However the defense will claim that Zimmerman had reason to be suspicious of Trayvon because as was said on the 911 call, Zimmerman thought Trayvon "was on drugs or something." The judge will likely allow evidence supporting Zimmerman's claim.

Such evidence would include Trayvon's THC levels (1.5 nanograms/ml) if it can be shown that such levels might be noticeable . So will the defense lawyer be able to find an expert to testify as such?
Even the forensic scientists who looked at the autopsy report said it's such an insignificant amount that nobody can determine if he smoked pot a week earlier.

Also, they said that since marijuana doesn't make you "act suspiciously" when you're just walking, and it certainly doesn't make anyone aggressive, it would be very surprising if a judge allowed it to be introduced as evidence.

"Kobilinsky said the amount was so low that it may have been ingested days earlier and played no role in Martin's behavior. He doubts the judge will even let it be used by the defense if they try to introduce it at trial."

Kobilinksy is a Forensic Scientist at John Jay University.

"According to FoxNews.com, however, the amount described in the autopsy report is such a low level that it would have played no role in Martin’s behavior, said Larry Kobilinsky, a professor of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York."

Old 05-22-2012, 10:08 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Not much you can do for one like a broken toe?

Grasping at straws here.
However the supposed broken nose is a major part of his defense; one would think that if he thought he really had a broken nose, he would have verified that by going to a doctor to have x-rays done. Also, to be sure there was no other damage done to his skull, etc.

Even with a broken toe you need x-rays. Sometimes the break can be so bad that you need surgery, otherwise you will end up with a stiff toe for the rest of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies