Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,946,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
What did the toxicology report show? Did he or did he not have ILLEGAL drugs in his system?

Ever hear of a pattern?
THC, not codeine or dextromethorphan. Codeine and DXM are both LEGAL, btw. Adding iced tea and/or skittles to either would not make them ILLEGAL!

Old 06-07-2012, 03:21 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
THC, not codeine or dextromethorphan. Codeine and DXM are both LEGAL, btw. Adding iced tea and/or skittles to either would not make them ILLEGAL!
There is absolutely nothing to prove that that BS they keep posting is even Trayvon Martin's unedited Facebook account. Most people who discuss drug use don't do it online. And even if he was using, it does not give George Zimmerman the right to kill him. George Zimmerman was on prescription drugs, yet his supporters don't seem to care. George Zimmerman could be a drug addicted serial killer rapist who beats his wife, and his supporters would turn a blind eye and continue to post photoshopped pictures of Trayvon Martin's social network accounts and pictures and videos of other black kids that aren't him.

Based on what I read, the drinks are usually mixed with sprite and 7-up, not watermelon flavored Arizon Iced Tea. This is BS and every time I come here I am disgusted by the lack of compassion by some of these people. That is someone's child and if you believe in God, he is a child of God. What a disgrace - and even if he was a drug addict, does it mean that he should be murdered in cold blood while the killer walks away scott free? The fact that they are going this far to make Trayvon Martin a villian says quite a bit, but not about Trayvon, about the people that feel the need to demonize a dead seventeen year old boy.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:30 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I didn't say anything about tweets.....

I don't understand what in the statement about DMT involves Zimmerman.

Really? Okay, since you are being petty, I'll rephrase the question for you. So you think he deserved to die because of his Facebook messages (that probably aren't even his)? If not, what is your point? Why do you feel the need to post something like this? If I had to guess, I'd say it is to paint a picture of Trayvon Martin as a menacing thug who would threaten the life of an innocent man, but what you're missing is that George Zimmerman is certainly not an innocent man. His recent lies and past make that evident.

This screenshot that you posted cannot be substantiated. However, it is a fact that Zimmerman was arrested for assaulting a police officer. He also lied in court, was accused of domestic violence, and that is not it. Why are you so focused on anything negative about Trayvon Martin, while overlooking everything that Zimmerman has ever done or allegedly done wrong?

By the way, whether or not Trayvon Martin smoked marijuana, stole jewelry or drank "purple drank", is irrelevent. None of that makes his life any less valuable than yours or anyone elses, especially in the eyes of God.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,946,997 times
^^^Exactly!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:28 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,761,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Interesting. I'm not surprised I never heard these facts from the mainstream media such as the New York Times, they're still pushing the Trayvon-as-a-happy-innocent-child propaganda, even though reality shows otherwise-

Articles: What the Media Choose Not to Know about Trayvon
6:21
Trayvon Martin is seen on the security video through the 7-11 window approaching the store from the direction of the Retreat at Twin Lakes. He had been staying there at the townhouse of his father's girlfriend, Brandy Green. In major media accounts, the helpful Trayvon ventured out in the rain in a mile-plus round trip to buy Brandy's 14-year-old son, Chad, some Skittles and Arizona Iced Tea. Not likely.

6:22
Trayvon, with his hoodie up, grabs two items from the shelves of 7-11. One is the Skittles. The other is Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail. The media avoid the name of the real drink -- possibly because of the racial implications of the word "watermelon," but possibly to avoid probing the real reason for Trayon's trip.

Trayvon, in fact, had become a devotee of the druggy concoction known as "Lean," also known in southern hip-hop culture as "Sizzurp" and "Purple Drank." Lean consists of three basic ingredients -- codeine, a soft drink, and candy. If his Facebook postings are to be believed, Trayvon had been using Lean since at least June 2011.

On June 27, 2011, Trayvon asks a friend online, "unow a connect for codien?" He tells the friend that "robitussin nd soda" could make "some fire ass lean." He says, "I had it before" and that he wants "to make some more." On the night of February 26, if Brandy had some Robitussin at home, Trayvon had just bought the mixings for one "fire ass lean" cocktail.
Oh no, he is an angel, he wouldn't do this.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:34 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,761,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So what? It's just a bunch of kids talking. There is no proof Trayvon actually made this drug, nor any that he used it. As above,
Quote:
if he had been using the stuff, the codeine would have been found in his system.
Purchasing a soft drink and candy does not mean a d*** thing about this drug.
Not necessarily, maybe he did not use it that night, maybe that is why he may have been aggressive, because he didn't get his fix

Old 06-07-2012, 06:35 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,492,663 times
Whatever the case,Martin was stalked and gunned down by a loser who picked a fight and was taking a thrashing. Watermelon fruit juice??? Good grief!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,419,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Not necessarily, maybe he did not use it that night, maybe that is why he may have been aggressive, because he didn't get his fix
And how, pray tell, do you suggest the defense get this totally irrelevant speculation into evidence in the trial? Plus, why do you think it would be helpful? Beating up on a 17 year old dead kid is not the way to endear yourself to a jury.

So what's the value of this internet gossip in the case? Zero.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:48 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,356,382 times
Default Wow such hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Whatever the case,Martin was stalked and gunned down by a loser who picked a fight and was taking a thrashing. Watermelon fruit juice??? Good grief!

Innocent till proven guilty, this is America.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,273,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Innocent till proven guilty, this is America.
You might point that out to those who insist that Trayvon was a no good thug who was up to no good and who deserved what he got.

Apparently, "innocent until proven guilty" applies only to Zimmerman in this case, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.