Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So in relation to March 13th, when was it the State Attorney in the 18th Circuit decided not to arrest and charge gz?
There were accusations, rumors that SA Wolfinger denied a request to arrest gz on the night of the killing. I've yet to see any evidence such a request was made and denied. Wolfinger of course denies it, though I suppose it could have happened.

In the released discovery, Officer Serino's capias request is dated March 13. Maybe there's a return response from the SA office, but I haven't found one. [My PDF doc search doesn't work, making it tough to know for sure what's there.] By the time Wolfinger did call for a GJ to convene on April 10 to investigate the shooting, too little, too late.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:36 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,003,920 times
Interesting. I'm not surprised I never heard these facts from the mainstream media such as the New York Times, they're still pushing the Trayvon-as-a-happy-innocent-child propaganda, even though reality shows otherwise-

Articles: What the Media Choose Not to Know about Trayvon
6:21
Trayvon Martin is seen on the security video through the 7-11 window approaching the store from the direction of the Retreat at Twin Lakes. He had been staying there at the townhouse of his father's girlfriend, Brandy Green. In major media accounts, the helpful Trayvon ventured out in the rain in a mile-plus round trip to buy Brandy's 14-year-old son, Chad, some Skittles and Arizona Iced Tea. Not likely.

6:22
Trayvon, with his hoodie up, grabs two items from the shelves of 7-11. One is the Skittles. The other is Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail. The media avoid the name of the real drink -- possibly because of the racial implications of the word "watermelon," but possibly to avoid probing the real reason for Trayon's trip.

Trayvon, in fact, had become a devotee of the druggy concoction known as "Lean," also known in southern hip-hop culture as "Sizzurp" and "Purple Drank." Lean consists of three basic ingredients -- codeine, a soft drink, and candy. If his Facebook postings are to be believed, Trayvon had been using Lean since at least June 2011.

On June 27, 2011, Trayvon asks a friend online, "unow a connect for codien?" He tells the friend that "robitussin nd soda" could make "some fire ass lean." He says, "I had it before" and that he wants "to make some more." On the night of February 26, if Brandy had some Robitussin at home, Trayvon had just bought the mixings for one "fire ass lean" cocktail.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Interesting. I'm not surprised I never heard these facts from the mainstream media such as the New York Times, they're still pushing the Trayvon-as-a-happy-innocent-child propaganda, even though reality shows otherwise-

Trayvon Martin is seen on the security video through the 7-11 window approaching the store from the direction of the Retreat at Twin Lakes. He had been staying there at the townhouse of his father's girlfriend, Brandy Green. In major media accounts, the helpful Trayvon ventured out in the rain in a mile-plus round trip to buy Brandy's 14-year-old son, Chad, some Skittles and Arizona Iced Tea. Not likely.

Trayvon, with his hoodie up, grabs two items from the shelves of 7-11. One is the Skittles. The other is Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail. The media avoid the name of the real drink -- possibly because of the racial implications of the word "watermelon," but possibly to avoid probing the real reason for Trayon's trip.

Trayvon, in fact, had become a devotee of the druggy concoction known as "Lean," also known in southern hip-hop culture as "Sizzurp" and "Purple Drank." Lean consists of three basic ingredients -- codeine, a soft drink, and candy. If his Facebook postings are to be believed, Trayvon had been using Lean since at least June 2011.

On June 27, 2011, Trayvon asks a friend online, "unow a connect for codien?" He tells the friend that "robitussin nd soda" could make "some fire ass lean." He says, "I had it before" and that he wants "to make some more." On the night of February 26, if Brandy had some Robitussin at home, Trayvon had just bought the mixings for one "fire ass lean" cocktail.
Oh, for God's sake! So Trayvon buys two of three ingredients for this supposed concoction, a soft drink and candy, and that makes him suspicious? Considering soft drinks and candy are common snack foods one might eat while watching a basketball game, I. . . . don't. . . . think. . . . so!

Nitrogen fertilizer can be used to build a bomb. My husband has bought plenty of it (fertilizer). Does that mean he is planning to build a bomb?

I don't know why so many people are going so far out to make Trayvon look so bad! He's dead, for crying out loud! He was comitting no crime, doing nothing suspicious when he was KILLED by GZ.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

The mainstream media did not report it because it is some made up BS that can't be substantiated. This is why you will only find this on right-wing blogs who are looking for any reason to justify the killing of a teeanage boy who was NOT committing any criminal act, while overlooking George Zimmerman's prior arrests and checkered past with a history of aggressive and violent behavior. The same blogs have posted fake pictures, fake videos and screenshots of photo shopped facebook pages. This has already been addressed in this thread. And even if he was a drug addict, it doesn't give someone the right to kill him.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:00 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, for God's sake! So Trayvon buys two of three ingredients for this supposed concoction, a soft drink and candy, and that makes him suspicious? Considering soft drinks and candy are common snack foods one might eat while watching a basketball game, I. . . . don't. . . . think. . . . so!

Nitrogen fertilizer can be used to build a bomb. My husband has bought plenty of it (fertilizer). Does that mean he is planning to build a bomb?

I don't know why so many people are going so far out to make Trayvon look so bad! He's dead, for crying out loud! He was comitting no crime, doing nothing suspicious when he was KILLED by GZ.
And if he was using codeine, I am sure there would have been some in his blood, which would have been referenced in the toxicology report. This really is reaching and disgusting that some people feel the need to go to any length to demonize Trayvon Martin while overlooking Zimmerman's lies and history of aggression.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:03 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,224,085 times
Quote:

DXM is abused in high doses to experience euphoria and visual and auditory hallucinations. Abusers take various amounts depending on their body weight and the effect they are attempting to achieve. Some abusers ingest 250 to 1,500 milligrams in a single dosage, far more than the recommended therapeutic dosages described above. Illicit use of DXM is referred to on the street as “Robotripping,” “skittling,” or “dexing.” The first two terms are derived from the products that are most commonly abused, Robitussin and Coricidin HBP. DXM abuse has traditionally involved drinking large volumes of the OTC liquid cough preparations. More recently, however, abuse of tablet and gel capsule preparations has increased. These newer, high-dose DXM products have particular appeal for abusers. They are much easier to consume, eliminate the need to drink large volumes of unpleasant-tasting syrup, and are easily portable and concealed, allowing an abuser to continue to abuse DXM throughout the day, whether at school or work. DXM powder, sold over the Internet, is also a source of DXM for abuse. (The powdered form of DXM poses additional risks to the abuser due to the uncertainty of composition and dose.) DXM is also distributed in illicitly manufactured tablets containing only DXM or mixed with other drugs such as pseudoephedrine and/ or methamphetamine. DXM is abused by individuals of all ages, but its abuse by teenagers and young adults is of particular concern. This abuse is fueled by DXM’s OTC availability and extensive “how to" abuse information on various web sites.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:06 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
So what? It's just a bunch of kids talking. There is no proof Trayvon actually made this drug, nor any that he used it. As above, if he had been using the stuff, the codeine would have been found in his system. Purchasing a soft drink and candy does not mean a d*** thing about this drug.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
So what? It's just a bunch of kids talking. There is no proof Trayvon actually made this drug, nor any that he used it. As above, if he had been using the stuff, the codeine would have been found in his system. Purchasing a soft drink and candy does not mean a d*** thing about this drug.
What did the toxicology report show? Did he or did he not have ILLEGAL drugs in his system?

Ever hear of a pattern?

Old 06-07-2012, 11:37 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,563,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

DXM is abused in high doses to experience euphoria and visual and auditory hallucinations. Abusers take various amounts depending on their body weight and the effect they are attempting to achieve. Some abusers ingest 250 to 1,500 milligrams in a single dosage, far more than the recommended therapeutic dosages described above. Illicit use of DXM is referred to on the street as “Robotripping,” “skittling,” or “dexing.” The first two terms are derived from the products that are most commonly abused, Robitussin and Coricidin HBP. DXM abuse has traditionally involved drinking large volumes of the OTC liquid cough preparations. More recently, however, abuse of tablet and gel capsule preparations has increased. These newer, high-dose DXM products have particular appeal for abusers. They are much easier to consume, eliminate the need to drink large volumes of unpleasant-tasting syrup, and are easily portable and concealed, allowing an abuser to continue to abuse DXM throughout the day, whether at school or work. DXM powder, sold over the Internet, is also a source of DXM for abuse. (The powdered form of DXM poses additional risks to the abuser due to the uncertainty of composition and dose.) DXM is also distributed in illicitly manufactured tablets containing only DXM or mixed with other drugs such as pseudoephedrine and/ or methamphetamine. DXM is abused by individuals of all ages, but its abuse by teenagers and young adults is of particular concern. This abuse is fueled by DXM’s OTC availability and extensive “how to" abuse information on various web sites.
So he deserved to die because of his tweets?

Yet, George Zimmerman assaults a police office and abuses his girlfriend twice and he's the All American Hero? Come on, son...you know better than that.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So he deserved to die because of his tweets?

Yet, George Zimmerman assaults a police office and abuses his girlfriend twice and he's the All American Hero? Come on, son...you know better than that.
I didn't say anything about tweets.....

I don't understand what in the statement about DMT involves Zimmerman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.