Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 10:58 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,473 times

Advertisements

Many posters have parroted the killer's statement about his head being smashed on the pavement, yet I listened to a witness on TV state that the fight took place in the grass by his window, away from the pavement. Did georgie boy concoct a story to save his butt from prison? I don't know, and we may never know the truth about what happened that night.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:14 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
What you refuse to consider is that Trayvon Martin's life was threatened. I guess because he smoked marijuana, had jewelry in his back back and wrote WTF on a door, this can't be the case in your mind. Trayvon Martin had the right to stand his ground and while some of you keep trying to dismiss Zimmerman following him as a factor in determining who is at fault, it is. Standing your ground doesn't have to be done with a gun. Why is it so far fetched for some of you to believe that Trayvon Martin acted out of fear and felt that his life was in danger? It only makes sense that a person would feel this way if they were being followed in the dark by a strange man in a vehicle, then on foot. What do you think was going Trayvon Martin's head? Do you think that he thought George Zimmerman was a nice man who was trying to make sure that he made it home safely?
HOW WAS HIS LIFE THREATENED???? WERE THERE VERBAL THREATS? History of threats?

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-08-2012 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 06-08-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Many posters have parroted the killer's statement about his head being smashed on the pavement, yet I listened to a witness on TV state that the fight took place in the grass by his window, away from the pavement. Did georgie boy concoct a story to save his butt from prison? I don't know, and we may never know the truth about what happened that night.
This is absolutely incorrect. The photos of damage to the back of his head were taken on the cellphone of a witness... The bloody ones.

So.... are you saying that cellphone pics aren't traceable to time and gps coordinates?

Or that this witness and George added the damage and concocted a story?

Old 06-08-2012, 11:30 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
HOW WAS HIS LIFE THREATENED???? WERE THERE VERBAL THREATS? History of threats?

You are beyond ignorant.
First off, watch the personal insults.

Were you there? Did you witness exactly what happened? I sincerely doubt that since no one but GZ and TM did from beginning to end. It is not highly unlikely that TM felt threatened by a strange man following him in the dark and there is a witness that said TM said "get off" so it is a possibility that GZ confornted TM and started the confrontation. What is that so hard for you to comprehend?

You are going on nothing but GZ's word and as others have pointed out, if this was so cut and dry and so obviously self defense, the case probably would have been thrown out already. YOU DON'T HAVE ALL THE FACTS! Obviously your only concern here is GZ getting away with murder, so much so that you refuse to take his sketchy past into account or the fact that he has a major reason to lie and is also a known liar. Yet you have no issue with the tacky attempts to villify the victim, even when these attacks include photoshopped pictures and videos and photos that aren't him.

The bottom line is that if GZ did not pursue TM and stayed ins his vehicle, this wouldn't have happened. Maybe it makes it easier for you to envision this thugged out menacing black teen being killed by a vigilante who is only concerned about the good of his fellow citizens, but that isn't the case. Being a mother of two sons who could be in the same predicatment and as someone who respects and values human life, I believe that TM's parents deserve to see justice served. I do not believe that people should be able to get away with senseless murders just because they say it's self defense. I would not be able to accept Zimmerman's story if this were my unarmed son who was killed on his way back from a convenience store. Would you?

Old 06-08-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
First off, watch the personal insults.

Were you there? Did you witness exactly what happened? I sincerely doubt that since no one but GZ and TM did from beginning to end. It is not highly unlikely that TM felt threatened by a strange man following him in the dark and there is a witness that said TM said "get off" so it is a possibility that GZ confornted TM and started the confrontation. What is that so hard for you to comprehend?

You are going on nothing but GZ's word and as others have pointed out, if this was so cut and dry and so obviously self defense, the case probably would have been thrown out already. YOU DON'T HAVE ALL THE FACTS! Obviously your only concern here is GZ getting away with murder, so much so that you refuse to take his sketchy past into account or the fact that he has a major reason to lie and is also a known liar. Yet you have no issue with the tacky attempts to villify the victim, even when these attacks include photoshopped pictures and videos and photos that aren't him.

The bottom line is that if GZ did not pursue TM and stayed ins his vehicle, this wouldn't have happened. Maybe it makes it easier for you to envision this thugged out menacing black teen being killed by a vigilante who is only concerned about the good of his fellow citizens, but that isn't the case. Being a mother of two sons who could be in the same predicatment and as someone who respects and values human life, I believe that TM's parents deserve to see justice served. I do not believe that people should be able to get away with senseless murders just because they say it's self defense. I would not be able to accept Zimmerman's story if this were my unarmed son who was killed on his way back from a convenience store. Would you?
There is no personal insult. Ignorance could mean that there is some misinformation that needs to be cleared up. Secondly you are claiming that Zimmerman's injuries don't exist or that they are somehow manufacturing, photoshopped, and or altered.

These are the first claims I have heard of photoshopped and or altered pictures being entered into as evidence in this case. If this is the truth, perhaps you should contact Angela Corey.

An understanding of the law is important, but that isn't relevant when people look at this with a biased view.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:11 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,473 times
Quote:
This is absolutely incorrect. The photos of damage to the back of his head were taken on the cellphone of a witness... The bloody ones.

So.... are you saying that cellphone pics aren't traceable to time and gps coordinates?

Or that this witness and George added the damage and concocted a story?
You must have missed the operative word "pavement."

Old 06-08-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
There is no personal insult. Ignorance could mean that there is some misinformation that needs to be cleared up. Secondly you are claiming that Zimmerman's injuries don't exist or that they are somehow manufacturing, photoshopped, and or altered.

These are the first claims I have heard of photoshopped and or altered pictures being entered into as evidence in this case. If this is the truth, perhaps you should contact Angela Corey.

An understanding of the law is important, but that isn't relevant when people look at this with a biased view.

What are you talking about? I never said that the photos of Zimmerman's head were photoshopped, I said that the pictures of TM's social media accounts were. I never said that Trayvon Martin did not hit GZ or that his injuries did not exist, the issue at hand is who started the confrontation. You choose to take GZ's word and believe that TM started it and I don't. Trayvon Martin had just as much right to stand his ground. If George Zimmerman confronted him, he had the right to use force.

Speaking of understanding, yours comes into question here since you have taken just about everything I have said out of context and do you really think that you are approaching this with an unbiased view? I recognize the different between fact an opinion, but apparently you don't since you continue to state everything so matter of factly. We all have access to the same facts and you choose to overlook some while dwelling on others with some fiction mixed in. No one, with the exception of GZ (who has every reason to lie) knows exactly what happened, so you can stop pretending to know who is right and who is wrong and what the outcome of this case will be. Ultimately it will be up to a judged and/or jury.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? I never said that the photos of Zimmerman's head were photoshopped, I said that the pictures of TM's social media accounts were. I never said that Trayvon Martin did not hit GZ or that his injuries did not exist, the issue at hand is who started the confrontation. You choose to take GZ's word and believe that TM started it and I don't. Trayvon Martin had just as much right to stand his ground. If George Zimmerman confronted him, he had the right to use force.

Speaking of understanding, yours comes into question here since you have taken just about everything I have said out of context and do you really think that you are approaching this with an unbiased view? I recognize the different between fact an opinion, but apparently you don't since you continue to state everything so matter of factly. We all have access to the same facts and you choose to overlook some while dwelling on others with some fiction mixed in. No one, with the exception of GZ (who has every reason to lie) knows exactly what happened, so you can stop pretending to know who is right and who is wrong and what the outcome of this case will be. Ultimately it will be up to a judged and/or jury.
So you saying that Trayvon's confirmed twitter and facebook account archives are false? Are you a forensic computer expert? I believe the information was grabbed from archives stored online and were public.

What facts?

The facts that you believe are relevant are absolutely irrelevant to the case.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:15 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,731,609 times
Turns out Prosecuter Corey has a history of "hissy fits" when she is criticized.
From the Jacksonville Florida Times Union:

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400601/ron-littlepage/2012-06-08/ron-littlepage-angela-coreys-hissy-fits-threats

Quote:
An unsolicited memo to State Attorney Angela Corey: You are a public official, and people have the right to express an opinion about how you are doing your job.
When those opinions are negative, throwing a hissy fit and making threats do not reflect well. With Corey, there's a pattern of that.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
So you saying that Trayvon's confirmed twitter and facebook account archives are false? Are you a forensic computer expert? I believe the information was grabbed from archives stored online and were public.

What facts?

The facts that you believe are relevant are absolutely irrelevant to the case.
So you are saying that it has been confirmed somewhere that the discussion about lean came from Trayvon Martin's Facebook account? Just because he had a Facebook account under that name does not mean these photos posted on right wing blogs contain text that was written by him. Where has anyone confirmed that those posts about lean came from his keyboard? Just because you believe that it came from his account doesn't make it so. Prove that it came from his account. Right wing blogs posting pictures do not count. Even if he did post that, how is that relevant to the case?

You seem to think you know everything. You said "The facts that you believe are relevant are absolutely irrelevant to the case"...So you believe that you know what is relevant and anyone who disagrees with your OPINION is ignorant and doesn't know what they're talking about? Based on your assumptions there would be no case but clearly there is one. Neither one of us knows all of the facts and the fact that George Zimmerman exited his vehicle to follow Trayvon and the possibility that he initiated the confrontation and put his hands on Trayvon Martin first is relevant.

It is not as cut and dry as you are trying to make this out to be and you nor anyone else on this planet knows exactly what is going to happen. You don't know of every witness account. You are not a forensic expert. You do not have access to all of the evidence. You are not a lawyer. So what credentials do you have where you can determine the outcome of a court case without knowing all of the facts? Are you psychic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies