Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I believe you've nailed it. He was about to get caught with illegal substance and ran, then changed his mind and attacked.
Get caught by George Zimmerman, volunteer watch guy? Do you realize how silly you sound?

Old 06-28-2012, 01:41 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
I believe you've nailed it. He was about to get caught with illegal substance and ran, then changed his mind and attacked.
SMALL AMOUNTS! If he had smoked that night it would have shown up with a higher level of THC

I don't know anyone that had just smoked weed and than wanted to fight someone for no real reason, actually just running from someone is a chore if it was not necessary

Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Get caught by George Zimmerman, volunteer watch guy? Do you realize how silly you sound?
Nope he just likes hearing himself talk

Old 06-28-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
LOL at people with no experience with modern pot claiming it never makes people violent:

"MIAMI -- Lab tests detected only marijuana in the system of a Florida man shot while chewing on another man's face, the medical examiner said Wednesday, ruling out other street drugs including the components typically found in the stimulants known as "bath salts"

You do know that this case is the only one like this in over 10,000yrs that involved violent behavior because of pot? Oh, btw this was a tox test and it does not mention anything about his mental Status BEFORE he smoked anything

Old 06-28-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Wrong again.

If Sweet Little Trayvon had just kept on walking and gone on home instead of turning and confronting Zimm, he would be alive and sitting in the living room watching TV.

Perhaps zimmerman would have followed him home and thought that Trayvon and his brother were running an international drug ring and shot everybody in the house.

"If if was a fifth, we would all be drunk"

Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Comprehension problems?

Go back and read. I'm the one using the word. Someone else was crabbing about me using the word.

My God!
Ok me and my friend Webster would like to know what is the definition of the word Bloviating.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:38 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
But considering ALL the events per Zimmerman, Martin circled Z's car and caused him to be afraid. Why would he do that if he was afraid of getting caught smoking or was being interrupted. I will be surprised if the defense has Zimmerman testify, so I am not sure how his statements will come into evidence without being hearsay.

We'll just have to disagree that the thc is going to be an issue. I think it will be a double-edged sword for the defense to attempt to make Martin the villian because of that, there's no evidence Martin was violent because of it--quite the contrary. If the fight club videos are true, they'd get more mileage out of that than the thc, but I'm not sure those will come in either. I don't think anyone will disagree that Martin knew how to kick someone's rear end, so I don't think the defense will need to attempt to smear the victim because the facts speak for themself. But the police hold Zimmerman responsible because, but for his actions, the shooting was avoidable, and the Judge will decide before trial what can come in and what can't.

If the 911 call gets in, it will go to Z's state of mind. I just don't see it the way you do.
Remember, the state must prove gz acted out of ill-will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent. When they go through the 911 call line-by-line the state will use some of the lines. I think the defense will use the weed to explain some of it, which also goes to his state of mind.

If it turns out I'm wrong, so be it, I'm wrong. I must see less wrong with smoking some weed than some of you do, because it doesn't sound like smearing tm or making him a villain to me.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
LOL at people with no experience with modern pot claiming it never makes people violent:

"MIAMI -- Lab tests detected only marijuana in the system of a Florida man shot while chewing on another man's face, the medical examiner said Wednesday, ruling out other street drugs including the components typically found in the stimulants known as "bath salts"
Guess you should be published or start your own forensics show on CI, since you know so much more than a Professor of Toxicology.

[url=http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/miami_face-eating_attacker_onl.html]Miami face-eating attacker only had marijuana in his system | NOLA.com[/url]

An expert on toxicology testing said marijuana alone wasn't likely to cause behavior as strange as Eugene's. "The problem today is that there is an almost an infinite number of chemical substances out there that can trigger unusual behavior," said Dr. Bruce Goldberger, Professor and Director of Toxicology at the University of Florida.

Maybe he was thinking of the side effects someone taking Adderall and Temazepam might experience, like thinking people are suspicious looking and chasing them.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:51 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Well, there's certainly one thing we can say about Zimmerman that can't be said about Martin (despite his faults).

George Zimmerman is a liar. And that's very relevant to the case. If Zimmerman testifies at trial, the prosecution can use his attempts to deceive the court to attack his character for truthfulness.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:04 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Quick question, why are you still harping on the cannabis?
And why aren't people harping on the lying? It's not like he lied to a meter maid, a teacher or his mother. He lied to a trial judge. And right to his face. Furthermore, he involved his wife in an effort to deceive the court. How duplicitous is that?

If you don't think that's a big deal, I ask you to imagine the following scenario. You get pulled over for speeding in Virginia (80+ is statutory reckless driving there). You have 7 previous speeding tickets on your record. When you go to court, the judge asks you, "How's your record?" and you respond, "Clean as a whistle, your honor." Is that just a little white lie in your view? Or is that a material representation you've just made to one of our greatest civic institutions? Well, George Zimmerman took it even further and lied in the context of a criminal felony trial. And he did it without batting an eye.

The fact that he would be willing to lie under so much media scrutiny is even more galling. Did he really think no one would investigate that? That specific behavior is consistent with a man who boasts (over social media no less) about having felonies dropped to diversions. And it's also consistent with a man who would tell bald face lies to police officers in order to save his own hyde.

I mean, if someone is willing to boldly lie to a judge, wouldn't they be equally amenable to lying to cops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies