Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 05:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What motive did Zimmerman have to kill Martin?
I don't think he purposely set out that night to kill someone or it would be a murder one charge. I think he acted foolishly and, based on his history, can become very aggressive. In any case, he's a walking contradiction, to say the least. I mean, on his application for the Citizen's Police Academy, he mentioned that his mother had been a Deputy Clerk of Court for more than 20 years and his father served as a Supreme Court Magistrate and added that he held Law Enforcement in the highest regard. Yet in 2005 he got into a scuffle with LE which resulted in a third degree felony, reduced to a misdemeanor. Then in 2011 he stood up during a Community Meeting at City Hall and called the local police lazy and disgusting. So he sounds like someone who has delusions about his own self-importance.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:29 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
What motive did Zimmerman have to kill Martin?
You have got to be kidding??? The same motive that made him pack a gun, when it was against the policies of the HOA for him to do while on patrol. Oh....But, He wasn't "on patrol" He was going to Walmart....With a loaded gun??? The man is a RAMBO vigilante type...pissed because "The ----------- always get away" George was on a mission, imo. 7 pm at night....Good Lord...That isn't even curfew....Trayvon should be alive and well today....

Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You have got to be kidding??? The same motive that made him pack a gun, when it was against the policies of the HOA for him to do while on patrol. Oh....But, He wasn't "on patrol" He was going to Walmart....With a loaded gun??? The man is a RAMBO vigilante type...pissed because "The ----------- always get away" George was on a mission, imo. 7 pm at night....Good Lord...That isn't even curfew....Trayvon should be alive and well today....
Bright post! Zimmerman got up at a local meeting and called the cops lazy hugh? Was a neighborhood guard belonging to an organization that had a clear policy not to carry a gun while on patrol. Off to do some shopping at Walmart, maybe hoping he could intercede in an armed robbery and get to be a hero?

Looks like a picture is worth a few dozen words..You could see a lack of mature character in his eyes. The more we find out about the incident and the players, the clear it gets that it was a needless killing. I almost feel sorry for the goof ball...but mostly I feel sorry for the dead who as the previous writer mentions should be alive and well today.

There is not a lot to this case- and not much to argue about. There is no black and white issue here either. It was a very unfortunate moment in time where ignorance...arrogance and common stupidity won the day at the great expense of another 50 years of life - instantly removed....The greatest travesty took place with the President of the most powerful nation on earth chimed in with a light weight comment- regarding Martin....a comment that increased racial tension rather than relieve it- Obama is as bright as Zimmerman.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
I feel the reason that most conservatives don't want Zimmerman to be convicted is because it would affect laws like SYG and any other law that concerns the possession and use of guns. So they blame black leaders for "igniting the fire" and having an agenda. The reality is they have an agenda as well.

I hear the NRA membership has exploded...
Actually, it would be better for the status of SYG laws if he is convicted. A not guilty verdict is much more likely to lead to a call for a closer look at SYG laws.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post

The fact is many of those with concealed weapons permits carry guns practically all the time. You do not call the cops before you commit murder.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:40 PM

In the 911 call, Zimmerman definitely gets out of his car when he sees Trayvon Martin running. This is in no way a SYG case. He is on the phone with the police dispatcher and then he says "he's running," opens his door and starts to run. After that the dispatcher asks "Are you following him?" You can hear his breathing change when he leaves his vehicle. I used to have a link to the Sanford Police, but it was removed, although this audio sounds pretty accurate.

[youtube]zj7qEcD8R-8[/youtube]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj7qEcD8R-8]George Zimmerman 911 Call To Stanford Police Department - YouTube[/url]

Old 06-22-2012, 06:45 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
The fact is many of those with concealed weapons permits carry guns practically all the time. You do not call the cops before you commit murder.

Exactly, many people who carry, always carry.
Not because they expect a melee at Target.
A lot like wearing a watch.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Many people I know who are responsible gun owners do not support what George Zimmerman did that night. He called 911 many times in the past and still pursued his "suspect." He likes to be a hero.

It might not be murder, but he definitely acted recklessly. He knows it, which is probably why he is making up this incredible story about Trayvon Martin attacking him from behind. No doubt there was a struggle, but I believe it happened after Zimmerman tried to detain Martin. What's that expression? A leopard can't change his spots.

Why didn't Zimmerman identify himself and say "I'm a concerned citizen in the community's neighborhood watch group. Can you please tell me whom you are visiting or if you live here?" If he was so afraid of putting down his window, why would he then get out of his car and start running after him? Sorry, but his statements to the police don't make much sense. Martin was supposedly walking around his car staring, he looked dangerous, as if he was going to burglarize a home, but then Zimmerman leaves his car to follow him. If you believe that, I have some swamp land in Florida for sale.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Many people I know who are responsible gun owners do not support what George Zimmerman did that night. He called 911 many times in the past and still pursued his "suspect." He likes to be a hero.

It might not be murder, but he definitely acted recklessly.

I agree with those responsible gunowners. Zimmerman behaved recklessly, not illegally.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Exactly, many people who carry, always carry.
Not because they expect a melee at Target.
A lot like wearing a watch.
A watch? I'm speechless.

I wasn't going to elaborate, but let me use this link to show how ridiculous you sound. It's from a gun site that promotes concealed weapons.

[url]http://www.usacarry.com/trayvon-martin-killing/[/url]

"But here’s what I do know: Zimmerman could have walked away. He didn’t have to follow Martin and he could have listened to the dispatcher who told him not to follow the boy.

In other words, if you’re so worried about a suspicious person that you feel the need to call the police on them, then you should not follow them and you should wait for the police to come and do their job. I’m sure if you asked Zimmerman today if he wishes he had waited, he would no doubt answer “yes.”

The problem is, there are a lot of people (men) in this country who are insecure and feel the need to act tough."

Please read the article. It is written by a former CIA agent and a Utah Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies