Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,261,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's obvious some people in here have racial bias. This is exactly why this country continues to have so many racial issues. If the races were reversed, I have little doubt that the incident wouldn't have made front page news, been brought up as a racially motiviated issue or even discussed on C-D.

There is NO evidence that points to George attacking Martin yet some people seem to be willing to believe that George attacked Martin, in spite of his injuries and evidence to the contrary. Despite the fact that Martin has a history of problems with authority, has been caught in possession of stolen property, despite the fact that Martin obviously left his home to confront George. In spite of the fact that he had already notified the the 911 dispatcher that he was waiting for the police, and finally gave up and was walking back to his car. Everything points to Martin making several mistakes in his judgement, yet some people here continue to want to point the finger at George.

I would say it's mind boggling that so many people come down on someone for resisting a violent attach, but it's really not. Racism is still alive and well.

{presses button} that was easy
There is NO solid evidence on the above. If so, please point me to your sources.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Too bad that's not how it went down. Dream all you want, but there are NO facts that point to that is what happened.
There are also no facts that point to Zimmerman being this saint that some of you are making him out to me. I mean this is a guy who attacked a policeman. If he is so bold to attack a cop, who is to say he wouldn't attack some random person he is suspicious of????

And I know many police officers personally. You have to be quite a bold person to attack one.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:46 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,974,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
I'm really tempted to ask you what your non-media "multiple sources" and non-media "appropriate sources" are, but this has gone on long enough. I was only curious how an individual could proceed through life without forming an opinion on current events.
What is so hard to understand? You act as if a source of information requires the person reading to "accept" it as fact?

Heck, in high school my critical reading class (yes, they used to teach such topics before they were struggling to teach kids how to sound out the words) taught us that even the basic news on the most simplistic of topics contains bias, misdirection, and focus to a given conclusion. Now I know that isn't taught anymore and it may be difficult for you to understand that a source of news may not be fact, but this subtle or even blatant adjustments to news is called reality.

As I said, when it comes to topic where facts are extremely important and my information needs to be accurate, I look deeper into the issue and go to the source in order to obtain that. If you are looking for a "one stop source" that you think I will mention, then you are again, buying into garbage because there is no such thing. The news is merely an introductory to a given topic, it very rarely provides the full details or the relevant facts to a given issue. It is entertainment, nothing more.

Let me guess, you were sheepishly under the prejudicial ignorance that I retrieved my information from a single source like Fox news, or radio talk shows and if so, it would make you nothing more than a mindless puppet dancing to the tunes of your own subjective attachments to a perspective.

The fact is, there is no "ONE SOURCE" /queues the holy music sound bite, to establish fact to a given circumstance. It requires a lot of looking, reading, and thinking, something I know is kind of a mystery to most kids these days. If you are looking for facts, they exist in many places, but where and WHEN you can obtain them is the issue. Until then, I take what I hear with a grain of salt AS IT CONCERNS me coming to any specific CONCLUSION.

Now go think on that for a while.

Edit:

One last comment on this:

Quote:
I was only curious how an individual could proceed through life without forming an opinion on current events.
The problem with issues like these is there is too much "opinion" driving the issue. Remember, a Lynching is merely an emotional opinion that gathers support to a conclusion. That is what is going on here and while I may have my own personal "opinions" as to what I may personally think of the case, it would be irresponsible to promote it to the level to which so many sheepish and emotional puppets are doing here concerning it. What you are seeing is the makings of a lynchmob and these emotionally and irrational people will excuse their behavior in any way they see fit.

What I would ask of anyone who is so attached to this, If you think he is guilty, would you be willing to kill him yourself to serve his punishment? Sorry, no "umm, I don't believe in killing", if you are willing to wield the sword of judgement, you had damn well better be able to swing it.

How many people who are "so sure" that he is guilty, that he was not defending himself and that he was a racist looking to knock off a black kid is wiling to swing that sword themselves?

And if they are wrong, are they willing then to go under the sword for their own mistake?

There are only a few times in my life where I was this sure to a persons guilt and would make such a position of confidence.

Unless those people can do such, they need to.... S-T-F-U!

And if they are willing to, I expect their heads on a platter if the evidence is found to the contrary.

Last edited by Nomander; 04-20-2012 at 03:04 PM..

Old 04-20-2012, 02:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,574,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You mean like all of the other people who laughed thhe whole time they were kicking and throwing bricks at Reginald Denny?
That was one incident and it was wrong.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:51 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,481,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
There are also no facts that point to Zimmerman being this saint that some of you are making him out to me. I mean this is a guy who attacked a policeman. If he is so bold to attack a cop, who is to say he wouldn't attack some random person he is suspicious of????

And I know many police officers personally. You have to be quite a bold person to attack one.
You really need to brush up on your facts. You are making yourself look REALLY foolish. All this information has been out there for a while, there is absolutely no excuse you are so uninformed.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You really need to brush up on your facts. You are making yourself look REALLY foolish. All this information has been out there for a while, there is absolutely no excuse you are so uninformed.
If I'm so foolish then point to your sources. As they say, show me the receipts!

And his arrest record is public, so you in fact need to brush up on your facts. Or rather I see you just rather pretend these things don't exist since Zimmerman is such an innocent saint.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:03 PM

219 posts, read 924,482 times
If Zimmerman's head injuries were so severe, then why in less than an hours time was seen walking on camera with a clean head AND NO BANDAGES? They were most likely just minor cuts that a bald guy would get after rolling around on the ground in a scuffle.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You mean like all of the other people who laughed thhe whole time they were kicking and throwing bricks at Reginald Denny?
Yeah that is one incident. Thousands of black people have been lynched, killed due to crazy Jim crow laws, murdered for crimes that didn't commit-- all because they were black.

Oh and let's not forget about this recent case of a black man being killed because he was black.

Video shows white teens driving over, killing black man, says DA - CNN.com

Old 04-20-2012, 03:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,025,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It is how it works for me. You can't kill someone and then just expect me to take you at your word that it was justified self defense.

If I am on the jury and Zimmerman cannot provide evidence that proves to me that it was an act of self defense, than I would convict him of murder.
How about corroborating eye witness testimony and evidence?

Old 04-20-2012, 03:11 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,974,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
If Zimmerman's head injuries were so severe, then why in less than an hours time was seen walking on camera with a clean head AND NO BANDAGES? They were most likely just minor cuts that a bald guy would get after rolling around on the ground in a scuffle.

Doesn't matter if they are severe. I can swing a sword at your neck and merely give you a nick, am I then to argue that since your head is not on the ground, that you were not in any danger?

The fact is, if these pictures are in fact true, then it corroborates his story of being attacked.

After that, you are arguing intent within conflict and at the point, this is not required under the pretense of defending yourself with lethal force.

He was being attacked, he was injured (according to the pictures and his story), he doesn't need to justify the level of such an offense, only that he believed that such an offense endangered his life.

Personally, I would have done the same. I have seen numerous bar fights turn into death, why should we treat such an action with lesser severity of circumstance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies