Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,201,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Unless they can get that stuff in via Williams Rule, they can't bring up his past convictions to show a pattern or anything else. A person is tried for the offense charged; therefore, unless, like I said, the state can use the Williams Rule, they cannot bring up past charges and convictions during the trial. The defendant is not being tried for those past offenses, and has already paid his debt to society, so to speak, for those "crimes." There is one other exception, and that is if the defendant himself testifies and HE brings up his past record during his testimony for any reason, then the State can put his past record in evidence and question him about it.

I think your comments on City Data do not reveal your real world identity, so no. But facebook, not so sure....
If a person got "into trouble" depending on the offense and if it was worth the time to investigate, ALL your internet activity could be exposed...even those one thought was anonymous and private...

Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yup!
I thought I already proved he knew. After all, his own attorney said he absolutely knew it was there. I heard him say it LIVE, I read it in the newspaper, so how can it still be in dispute? (except on City-Data of course!)
The question is if he knew he had to disclose it in court. When you listen to his family as they're asked about his finances, they are very careful in their choice of words. However, his wife did say they were flat broke. To me it's willful ignorance, but maybe his attorney can convince a judge the family had no idea those funds weren't part of his overall assets.
You didn't prove anything...If you did than I suggest you take your evidence to Judge Lester...(407) 665-4945 or court.administration.seminole@flcourts18.org

Old 05-03-2012, 08:17 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
If a person got "into trouble" depending on the offense and if it was worth the time to investigate, ALL your internet activity could be exposed...even those one thought was anonymous and private...
hmmmm lol

Would that be an expensive investigation?

Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
hmmmm lol

Would that be an expensive investigation?
It's definitely a scary thought that every stroke we make is traceable ...I would imagine it could be pretty expensive, tedious and timely...

Old 05-03-2012, 08:30 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
It's definitely a scary thought that every stroke we make is traceable ...I would imagine it could be pretty expensive, tedious and timely...
lol thanks. gotta go do some work now.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,527,000 times
Quote:
Actually Zimmerman has to prove he was in fear for his life because he has filed an affirmative defense, self defense. The state has to prove the elements of 2nd degree murder. State (or anyone else) cannot prove a negative. Yes, proving that Martin was the one calling out for help would really help the State. If Martin was screaming for help and Zimmerman shot him anyway, well, that seems to me it would go toward the depraved mind element.
Have I missed big news or am I confused by the language.

The affirmative defense of self-defense is used at a trial, I thought. Is that also the term used for the immunity defense under syg ?

Though the state can't prove a negative, in an immunity hearing they must at least convince a judge that whatever evidence gz offers is insufficient to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that he did act in lawful self-defense.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,312,198 times
Default George Zimmerman Myspace writes about running over Mexicans and calls ex girlfriend a "hoe"

Zimmerman also had a myspace account called "datniggytb"

He also had another account called "Only to be a King again"

Quote:
I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!
George Zimmerman's Disparaging Remarks About Mexicans on MySpace - NYTimes.com

George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Old 05-03-2012, 09:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,287,056 times
Turns out that he's had a few serious brushes with the law. He was lucky enough to get the charges dropped on one pretty serious charge. He's a child of privilege i guess having a lawyer for a father, and a lot of kids like that think they can get away with a lot of things.

None of that has anything to do with the Martin situation, but he seems to be a strange fella to say the least.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:32 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,481,320 times
Yeah, he says: "I dont miss driving around SCARED to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street"

And you interpret that to mean we WANTS to run them over!There is nothing on that page that is racist or anything, unless you consider "Mexican" a racist term! LMAO!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:32 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,684,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Zimmerman also had a myspace account called "datniggytb"

He also had another account called "Only to be a King again"

George Zimmerman's Disparaging Remarks About Mexicans on MySpace - NYTimes.com

George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com
Zimmerman the Racist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies