Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 05:20 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Has anybody ever stopped to think that maybe this is just a case of two messed up idiots that couldn't help but collide with each other? Normal people would have avoided tragedy but these two couldn't.

yea... this is true....

But it would be WAY too logical for anybody to cede to that. The fateful day of two not so smart people.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:28 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
[quote=mig1;24365975] Zimmerman>>>>That was 7-10 years ago, he hasn't been in trouble since.

Hrm....he's in BIG trouble now!

Old 05-19-2012, 05:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yes, that is true. It's also true if Martin kept his hands to himself he would also be alive. There is a reason police officers aren't lawyers and the original prosecutor felt the evidence was not there to prosecute Zimmerman according to the law. Legal and moral responsibility are mutually exclusive.
B#1: There is NO evidence that Trayvon threw the first punch.
B#2: Untrue. There is quite a bit of intersection of the two.

Quote:
I agree I think moving forward his height should be cited as 5'11" not 6'3 or 5'9".

If Zimmerman simply asked what he is doing here as Martin's female friend is saying. Trayvon does not have the right to punch him. He can either answer or not answer. This is a big assumption you are making about Zimmerman trying to detain him. Where are you getting this from?
There is no evidence that Trayvon threw the first punch. Zimmerman did "detain" Trayvon, permanently.

Quote:
Outside of Angela I'm not sure what the other people have to do with this case. The law is on the books their opinions are irrelevant unless the law itself is being questioned.

Jeb Bush Says 'Stand Your Ground' Invalid in Trayvon Martin Case - Jeb Bush - Fox Nation

This witness sounds like a loon that watches too many movies, shoot him in the leg? Also she offers an opinion not a fact, I hope the prosecution has better witnesses than her.
That's certainly not true of your opinion of witnesses that agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
he was caught with drug paraphernalia.....the school decided NOT to call authorities. Tht would have been more than a hint at a juvenile record.

He was caught with jewelry that WASN'T his by his own admission....that HINTS at a lot...

He vandalized a locker...called himself "No Limit N****"....Gave fingers to the camera...and carried a large flat bladed screwdriver in his bookbag again, for what reason???

He was only 17...but clearly this was not a very guided individual....

This is nothing like Sean Bell and Amadu Diallo...nothing....
I do not believe posession of drug paraphernalia is against the law.

The jewelry is probably the only "suspicious" thing about Trayvon's past. However, there is absolutely NO evidence that he was casing homes to burglarize them the night he was shot. He had no burglary tools on him, and, as has been pointed out, it was dinnertime when most people were home. Even if he had committed burglary in the past, that is not a capital offense.

He wrote "WTF" on a locker. Inappropriate, but hardly a capital offense. Lots of people ham it up for the camera and make up names for themselves. Again, none of this is a capital offense. Who knows why he ONCE had a screwdriver in his book bag? Posession of a screwdriver is not against the law.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:39 PM

32 posts, read 24,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
And that's why you would be at fault and dead as well - you have no right to initiate an ass wooping because you're a paranoid hood rat and because someone approaches you to ask a question. And just because something could have been avoided does not make that approach and questioning a crimnal offense.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:41 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
You are clueless. All you try to do is find excuses for all Trayvon's bad behavior. Don't you realize no matter how many times you say the same thing, isn't going to change anyones minds as to what they believe. It only makes you look ignorant.

Here is an example, Your quote, "-Caught with many pieces of jewelry he can't explain
Of course he can't explain it. He is dead. It also was never linked to any robberies."
You do realize he was alive when asked
"

You're ignorant. It was never proven that the jewelry was obtained through any bad behavior. Prove it was and I'll admit I'm wrong.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:12 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
The reason Trayvon Martin's less than squeaky clean background is being emphasized by people interested in fairness is that there was a campaign orchestrated by the Martin family attorneys to deliberately mislead the public into thinking this was a brutal and unprovoked murder of an innocent skittle eating young lad by a racist vigilante. Did I mention that Trayvon was carrying SKITTLES??
And look at that cute baby faced photo .... and the SKITTLES!
A kid with SKITTLES couldn't hurt a fly. blah blah blah SKITTLES blah blah blah
Pay no attention to that guy with the bleeding head wounds and the eyewitness seeing Zimmerman being beaten ... remember Trayvon had SKITTLES. They are a magical innocence inducing candy.

The Skittles were for his brother, Chad.

What Happened to Trayvon Martin? « Str8Talkr – Just Str8 Talk, No Chaser

In fact, it's the Zimmerman family who has manipulated events from the
get-go. That Zimmerman's father would state that his son's record was
"squeaky" made that record an issue, and it was discovered that Zimmerman had a history of violence, anger management problems, and
domestic violence issues. As posters have noted, despite the family's claims that Zimmerman is no racist, there is now an interview with a former co-worker of Middle Eastern descent describing how Zimmerman harassed and bullied him. He committed a felony when he accosted an undercover officer, and the domestic violence charges definitely show that it was Zimmerman who had a history of aggression, unless of course you care to make an attack on football as a violent sport. Unlike Zimmerman, none of Trayvon Martin's "transgressions" involved violence.
Mocking the death of anyone is tasteless, but mocking a dead teenager's
untimely death is needlessly cruel.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
The reason Trayvon Martin's less than squeaky clean background is being emphasized by people interested in fairness is that there was a campaign orchestrated by the Martin family attorneys to deliberately mislead the public into thinking this was a brutal and unprovoked murder of an innocent skittle eating young lad by a racist vigilante. Did I mention that Trayvon was carrying SKITTLES??
And look at that cute baby faced photo .... and the SKITTLES!
A kid with SKITTLES couldn't hurt a fly. blah blah blah SKITTLES blah blah blah
Pay no attention to that guy with the bleeding head wounds and the eyewitness seeing Zimmerman being beaten ... remember Trayvon had SKITTLES. They are a magical innocence inducing candy.
And yet people like yourself brush past George Zimmerman's documented history of violence against both the police and domestic violence against the women in his life.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
You're ignorant. It was never proven that the jewelry was obtained through any bad behavior. Prove it was and I'll admit I'm wrong.
Sure. try to skip over that ridiculous comment.

He wasn't dead when he was caught and asked about where the jewerly came from. Why did you say "of course he can''t explain it, he's dead"?
See what I mean, you're reaching way too far.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
No, don't you understand, Zimmerman fired his gun and the bullet ricocheted off of Martin's knuckles into his chest.

Martin is a good sweet little boy, he was an excellent student, an aspiring rapper and an awesome sports star, he was going to hit it big before this white guy, I mean white guy with hispanic ancestry, no no no I mean white guy with black and hispanic ancestry killed him.

/s

Old 05-19-2012, 06:41 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
Sure. try to skip over that ridiculous comment.

He wasn't dead when he was caught and asked about where the jewerly came from. Why did you say "of course he can''t explain it, he's dead"?
See what I mean, you're reaching way too far.
Oh, so you can't pull up evidence that it was obtained in any way that would be deemed bad?

You just ignore me asking you for factual evidence.

A little advice, when you make a claim make sure you have factual evidence to back it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies