Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 05:12 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How many examples of injustice by various police depts do you want me to provide?

Rodney King Beating: MARCH 19, 1991

No Charges Filed Against Pa. Police in Student Beating

Police Brutality

I guess this is all in our heads?
Oh please, the RK incident was blown way out of proportion. The video you saw was only a small part of what happened and RK is lucky they didn't shoot him. He was high on PCP and alcohol and was speeding at over 100 mph, he also would not follow police commands when they finally did get him pulled over. Injustice? Yea, against the police.

The Jorden Miles case was another case of being told to stop and Miles ran from police, most of the injuries were sustained from him falling on his face when trying to run away.If you run from police, they're bringing an azz woopin with them. Chris Rock says it best...

Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police! - YouTube

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 05-19-2012 at 05:20 AM..

Old 05-19-2012, 05:46 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,351,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipoppy
TM lost his life just because someone carrying a gun didn't like the way that he "looked".
He probably didn't like getting punched out, either. Just thinking out loud, here. In all likelihood, he instigated, but as my Mom used to tell me "inciting a riot is no cause to riot," and ultimately a court will have to decide-but it's pretty clear from my vantage point, that Trayvon wasn't squeaky clean in this-and neither was George.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:47 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
The girlf friend of Trevon most likely lied to officials when she stated that Trevon was not wearing his hoody but put it over his head to hide from Zimmerman...

Why was Trevon captured in the store with his hoody on...really do you think he would cover his head inside, then walk outside and put it down just to cover it again when he noticed Zimmerman and got scared and start beating Zimmerman up?

That girl friend will can face other charges if she will testify about this under oath...Zimmerman clearly stated Trevon was walking with a hoody and there is no reason he was lying about that and imigaes have proven that.

Anyway in the end she will not be a reliable witness whatsoever and they better clear Zimmermans name...yes he did kill Trevon our of self defense.

If people still come up with the BS story about Trevon being unarmed....

I think that if I would have run into a guy like Trevon even with a gun he had more chances since he clearly was a UFC fan and knew how to use his hands and it probably wasn't the first fight he had.

I sometimes watch UFC and some get beatings so badly and afterwards talk like nothing has happened so for Zimmerman to walk like he wasn't injured is not strange and on top of that he most likely was in shock about the whole thing...

Trevon's hands should be considered a weapon and why didn't he run home while he was an athlete who was over 6 foot and could easily outrun an overweigt 5 foot older man.

Zimmerman looked out for the properties and Trevon never expected another person to have a gun...maybe if he would have stayed in school he would have learned something different.

In the end it is sad and it should never have happened but that is with so many things...we can't turn the clock back and in a spilt second people make stupid mistakes and to me if Trevon would have acted normal nothing would have happened since Zimmerman called the cops so many other times and nothing happened.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
It could mean he shoved him.
If it was a serious battery, they
wouldn't have dropped the charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What are his convictions and guilty pleas?
Surely you two have been following this long enough to be aware that the charges were plea-bargained down and then dropped when GZ took an anger management course.
To all those who keep talking about throwing the first punch, here is something to ponder;

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-fighting-words.htm

Old 05-19-2012, 08:10 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
I have never had my head banged into a sidewalk before, but I did slip on ice one time and my feet went out from under me. I came crashing down and hit my head on the concrete, but my parka hood flipped up and saved me from severe damage. I didn't get any cuts anyway. I was momentarily concerned that I was going to die from the blow. I can identify with GZ that he was similarly concerned. It is not a good feeling and to be thinking that it had happened already more than once and was going to continue, he had no choice but to shoot him, especially if he had tried and failed to get out from under TM.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:14 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The girlf friend of Trevon most likely lied to officials when she stated that Trevon was not wearing his hoody but put it over his head to hide from Zimmerman...

Why was Trevon captured in the store with his hoody on...really do you think he would cover his head inside, then walk outside and put it down just to cover it again when he noticed Zimmerman and got scared and start beating Zimmerman up?

That girl friend will can face other charges if she will testify about this under oath...Zimmerman clearly stated Trevon was walking with a hoody and there is no reason he was lying about that and imigaes have proven that.

Anyway in the end she will not be a reliable witness whatsoever and they better clear Zimmermans name...yes he did kill Trevon our of self defense.

If people still come up with the BS story about Trevon being unarmed....

I think that if I would have run into a guy like Trevon even with a gun he had more chances since he clearly was a UFC fan and knew how to use his hands and it probably wasn't the first fight he had.

I sometimes watch UFC and some get beatings so badly and afterwards talk like nothing has happened so for Zimmerman to walk like he wasn't injured is not strange and on top of that he most likely was in shock about the whole thing...

Trevon's hands should be considered a weapon and why didn't he run home while he was an athlete who was over 6 foot and could easily outrun an overweigt 5 foot older man.

Zimmerman looked out for the properties and Trevon never expected another person to have a gun...maybe if he would have stayed in school he would have learned something different.

In the end it is sad and it should never have happened but that is with so many things...we can't turn the clock back and in a spilt second people make stupid mistakes and to me if Trevon would have acted normal nothing would have happened since Zimmerman called the cops so many other times and nothing happened.

"should have acted normal"? Seriously ? Lol

Old 05-19-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
And that's my problem, Ghostrider; I find it difficult to believe that George
Zimmerman is telling the truth about everything. Unless he can prove that he acted in self-defense he'll be doing prison time, and that's a huge incentive to lie. Zimmerman's father said that his son's record was "squeaky clean." Since Zimmerman had no convictions that's technically true, but then we find that George has had violent incidents in his past, from accosting an undercover police officer to domestic violence to losing a job for being overly-aggressive. As I've asked before, if Zimmerman had taken a severe beating before killing Trayvon, why would he refuse immediate medical treatment to document the extent of those injuries? I'd want two photos of every minute scratch for my defense lawyer to use. It strains credulity to think that Zimmerman waited to see his family doctor the next day when, according to his brother, Trayvon had beaten George to the point that he feared being diapered and spoonfed for the rest of his life. He could have had a concussion, a skull fracture or a subdural hematoma, yet he chose to go home? That makes no sense. On the other hand, we have a 17 year-old whose only violence occurred on the football field. We learn that he spray-painted "wtf" on his school locker; how many of us left our initials carved into a wooden desktop back in the day? As for there being THC in Martin's body...I don't know about you, "aging hippie," but I won't cast the first stone. Knowing all of this, people are still willing to condemn the victim and exonerate the killer...to the extent that some question the measurements made by a licensed Medical Examiner. If one suggests that Zimmerman acted rashly by following Martin, some posters will accuse one of being "anti-self-defense." Seriously; do people believe that many who question Zimmerman's honesty would allow themselves to be beaten because they don't condone self-defense? Nor does it follow logically that we are anti-gun; had Zimmerman used a hunting knife, that would be the weapon under discussion. As a volunteer watch person, why didn't Zimmerman have/use pepper spray or Mace? And as has been asked so many times, why didn't Zimmerman stop following Martin when the police were en route? Clearly, LE shares that sentiment:

Police: Trayvon Martin's death 'ultimately avoidable' - CNN.com
As I said, we will have to see how it plays out in court and see if the jury believes him or not. We can all say this, that or the other, but it will all come down to the jury in the end and right now it is'nt loooking to good for TM.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Trayvon was 5 feet 11 inches tall. He was measured by the medical examiner, so that is a FACT.

Do you have any numbers on the height of the "average teenager"? "substantially taller"?
I googled it and came up with this from an artical...
Quote:

Trayvon Martin was 6'3 140 lbs
Zimmerman was 5'9 250 lbs

Old 05-19-2012, 09:02 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What makes you think that SYG ever crossed Zimmerman's mind?
The "self defense" defense (aka Stand Your Ground) came to George Zimmerman's mind when he realized that he had killed an innocent unarmed (unless you call holding an iced tea and a bag of Skittles armed) teenager who just wanted to go home.

At that point he had two choices:

1) Admit that it was an accident, that he had used very bad judgment in the situation, he had made a fatal error in his suspicions and then risk going to prison for numerous years or...

2) Lie about Trayvon Martin (who is now dead and can not give his side of the story) attacking him and be able to walk out of the police station that same night by claiming self defense.

However, the fact that George Zimmerman apologized for killing this unarmed teen who was supposedly had inflicted "life threatening injuries" upon him (that required not medical treatment) indicates that GZ has some guilt about what he did. If someone is trying to kill you, there is no need to apologize for preserving your own life.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:12 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I googled it and came up with this from an artical...
The correct information has now surfaced, from TM's autopsy and GZ's booking at the jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies