Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:33 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times

Advertisements

What's the big deal?
Every time the fleet pulls in guys with a TS clearance and control of nuclear weapons go to the ***** house why not the Secret Service guys????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 12:34 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,960 times
It's not a big deal at all, it's more irrational conservatives trying to control the lives of others.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:42 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,174 times
It would seem that the media has become public enemy number one. Even if something was legal or even ethical, they "pose" the possibility that maybe-kinda-sorta' something is wrong and then get their "outrage" machine cranked to create some news for themselves. I'm all for the media keeping us informed, but they seemed to have crossed a line and have just become self-serving.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:43 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
That's an interesting question, OP. We've been discussing that at lunch at work. We are government workers, many of us with TS clearances.

Putting the personal life stuff aside (some of these men may be married), we are wondering if, objectively, they have done anything wrong. Certainly if they have sensitive information in their rooms, not properly safeguarded and they are letting *anyone* into contact with that, well this is a problem.

But, as far as these men spending the night with prostitutes, well, I'm not sure this hasn't been done for hundreds of years but, as you say, "the fleet" with nary a dirty look.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:52 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Why limit the discussion to government workers? Do you think the private sector employees do not party?

I am not a prude and my only concern is the "assumed" violation of security if there were any of the plans open to the girls. Prostitution and spies have had a close relationship for millennia.

I think they could have been a bit more discreet as we do have a number of prudes annoyed that some guys are getting some by simply hiring a professional consultant or two. I am amused that the entire story came to light because some boneheaded cheapskate tried to get away with not paying. What a complete and total jerk.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why limit the discussion to government workers? Do you think the private sector employees do not party?

Oh yes, they do.

Having been both, private and public sector, when you are "inboarded" into the public sector, you are pretty much briefed that your behavior is to reflect honorably on the United States for which you serve. That goes for civilians and military. I was never given that kind of talk when I worked for the private sector. You are given the feeling that your behavior should be at least one notch about what you would do as private citizen. You are supposed to be representative of the government.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:03 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

I am not a prude and my only concern is the "assumed" violation of security if there were any of the plans open to the girls. Prostitution and spies have had a close relationship for millennia.

I think they could have been a bit more discreet as we do have a number of prudes annoyed that some guys are getting some by simply hiring a professional consultant or two. I am amused that the entire story came to light because some boneheaded cheapskate tried to get away with not paying. What a complete and total jerk.
Doesn't matter to me who bangs who, civilian or military. The last time I was in Olongopo City they had something like 22 thousand card carrying prostitutes and when we went to Pataya Beach the hotel room came with a hostess! The only thing those dudes did wrong ( besides being cheap)was to make a scene...Cameras and the News media have destroyed some more innocent lives......

Old 04-19-2012, 04:54 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Default Just another ring in the circus........

This "scandal" did exactly what it was designed to do:

1) humiliated yet another group associated with law enforcement & our military

2) took the media's attention off the GSA fraud and waste, Operation Fast & Furious document dump (yes another), the economy and the adjustment again of the UE figures, the POTUS's flood of recent Executive Orders, undeclared wars, our exponentially rising national debt......you know, the things that really matter. God forbid the people should pay attention to what is really going on in this country!

This administration had to create yet another crisis since Zimmerman was arrested and no race war was started in the street.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This "scandal" did exactly what it was designed to do:

1) humiliated yet another group associated with law enforcement & our military

2) took the media's attention off the GSA fraud and waste, Operation Fast & Furious document dump (yes another), the economy and the adjustment again of the UE figures, the POTUS's flood of recent Executive Orders, undeclared wars, our exponentially rising national debt......you know, the things that really matter.

This administration had to create yet another crisis since Zimmerman was arrested and no race war was started in the street.
Wow, now that one is a stretch. Almost as bad as the liberal stretch that the Secret Service behaved badly on person just to make the Obama administration look bad.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:58 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
What's the big deal?
Every time the fleet pulls in guys with a TS clearance and control of nuclear weapons go to the ***** house why not the Secret Service guys????
It would be best that the government gave each GI three prostitute vouchers per day. They deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies