Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:13 PM

613 posts, read 760,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The sadest part of redistribution of wealth is that it does not stop with the wealthy. You will all have to chip in, give up and hand out. There are just too many peasants to feed in the end.
This is why we must force all conservatives out of the government. I'm tired of conservatives stealing my money and giving it to billionaires. We need to take our nation back from the anti-USA conservatives!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 07:37 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,056 times
I firmly believe many people vote Democrat because they want to feel "cool.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trampass View Post
I firmly believe many people vote Democrat because they want to feel "cool.
Since liberals are more intelligent, maybe some just want to seem intelligent.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Remember the book,"What's The Matter with Kansas"by Thomas Frank? In it,he complains about his own native state of Kansas wrongly voting for Republicans who's policies favor the wealthy. He complains Republicans have used wedge issues to distract voters away from their alledged self interst. As if big government is in the best interest of people.
Anyways,it got me to thinking. Could you not argue trhat many Democrat/Obama voters are voting against their own self interst? After all,look at high income areas like the Silicon Valley,the northshore suburbs of Chicago,the Philly suburbs. They include many wealthy or at least higher income people. Are they simply supporting Dems because it's considered fashionable? Are they that obsessed with social liberalism they will support candidates who will raise their taxes and could regualte them out of business?
It not just money the really welthy want but powwer to control. mnay actaully see themselves as elite and most too stuipd to be allowed to make decidons. they bascially buy votes of the poor by makig them depend even if at bottom of pole rates.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
I hate to say this, because I am not anti-religion. But I think that the wealthy know that if they appeal to the religious wedge issues of abortion, gays, etc. they can ride the cultural outrage to a wonderful living. I always find it amazing how folks like Karl Rove always manage to get folks worked up over gay marriage in election years. I personally think neither Bush or Cheney were bigots on this issue, they never seemed to care about them at all (and good for them), but you bet they surfed the outrage right into a second term. Did they ever mention it again? Nope. So, the corporate puppeteers and spinmeisters have figured out how to dupe the social conservatives into being the palace watch dogs, and they don't even throw them any scraps after dinner. Even a pack of pit bulls would figure that out and leave. Not so the American social conservative. They seem to live in a land of magical thinking, where powerful people care about their outrage, and where they will be able to crow about liberty as they force the rest of the citizenry to adopt their values.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:44 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,518,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You're not a goon roys, just getting a little delusional in your old age

putting a smiley face doesn't change your snarky comment. very bad taste

Old 05-06-2012, 10:55 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Remember the book,"What's The Matter with Kansas"by Thomas Frank? In it,he complains about his own native state of Kansas wrongly voting for Republicans who's policies favor the wealthy. He complains Republicans have used wedge issues to distract voters away from their alledged self interst. As if big government is in the best interest of people.
Anyways,it got me to thinking. Could you not argue trhat many Democrat/Obama voters are voting against their own self interst? After all,look at high income areas like the Silicon Valley,the northshore suburbs of Chicago,the Philly suburbs. They include many wealthy or at least higher income people. Are they simply supporting Dems because it's considered fashionable? Are they that obsessed with social liberalism they will support candidates who will raise their taxes and could regualte them out of business?
Poor people who vote against their best economic interest expect to strike it rich one day, so in essence they are voting in the best interest of their future rich self.

High income people who are Democrats realize that the Democrats, just like Republicans favor the wealthy.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:10 AM

613 posts, read 760,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I hate to say this, because I am not anti-religion. But I think that the wealthy know that if they appeal to the religious wedge issues of abortion, gays, etc. they can ride the cultural outrage to a wonderful living. I always find it amazing how folks like Karl Rove always manage to get folks worked up over gay marriage in election years. I personally think neither Bush or Cheney were bigots on this issue, they never seemed to care about them at all (and good for them), but you bet they surfed the outrage right into a second term. Did they ever mention it again? Nope. So, the corporate puppeteers and spinmeisters have figured out how to dupe the social conservatives into being the palace watch dogs, and they don't even throw them any scraps after dinner. Even a pack of pit bulls would figure that out and leave. Not so the American social conservative. They seem to live in a land of magical thinking, where powerful people care about their outrage, and where they will be able to crow about liberty as they force the rest of the citizenry to adopt their values.
If you are somebody who is against gay marriage you really deserve to be hoodwinked for joining with the fascist conservatives.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
This is why we must force all conservatives out of the government. I'm tired of conservatives stealing my money and giving it to billionaires. We need to take our nation back from the anti-USA conservatives!
As if liberals have some enlightenment in knowing who should receive the taxpayers stolen booty.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 05-07-2012 at 06:51 AM..

Old 05-07-2012, 06:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Most of the "booty" stolen from most of the "taxpayers" did not go to the government but to the wealthy that own the government. It was not stolen by government but by the private financial sector in 2009 among other times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies