Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 03:57 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Fact is, I spent the afternoon searching for this and couldn't corroborate it in any official area nor any reasonable news site. My verdict is that this is a hoax for that reason and it just doesn't pass the smell test. Nobody asks women if they are pregnant for tours.
Sadly it has gotten to the point that just because one cannot find anything about a obama story or a story about this administration does not mean it is not happening.
The news is no longer doing their job of being unbiased and reporting ALL news
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 04:02 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I see everyone has chosen to address the abortion part of the issue but what is the logical reason for registering an unborn baby for a tour? For all we know this has been done for years so it may not be Obama specific.

I went on a tour of the White House when I was in High School and it was the most boring tour in DC unless you are really interested in dishes and furniture. Of course, that was a bazillion years ago. They could have jazzed it up since then.
There isn't one, which is probably why few people have addressed it.

But, who knows, maybe they're building a database of future attendees for the Easter Egg Roll.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:03 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You have to submit the application weeks in advance of your visit. My guess is this was a response to someone who was pregnant and was planning a visit which would take place after the baby was born.

Easy button.

Not that anyone here knows how to use it when there are perfectly good anti-Obama/conspiracy theories to believe in.
This makes too much sense.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Fact is, I spent the afternoon searching for this and couldn't corroborate it in any official area nor any reasonable news site. My verdict is that this is a hoax for that reason and it just doesn't pass the smell test. Nobody asks women if they are pregnant for tours.
I did a search as well, and all I could find was pro-life websites that carried this. Now the RWs will say the MSM isn't carrying the story, but I smell something fishy with this story.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:09 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Default Right-wingers get foooled by lying alarmists - again.

Seriously. Doesn't anyone stop to think before hitting the Outrage Button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Okaaaaay. Two things here:

1. Why?

2. Doesn't mention a cutoff week for "BABY" status.
You really should have read the entire email depicted before hitting the keyboard, because the last paragraph is crucial:

Quote:
Once, (sic) the baby is born, you should email to the VO inbox... We can then update the newborn guest's information in the system.
Get it now? This is for people who are expecting, who are planning a visit to the WH with their newborn and who obviously can't provide DOB, sex or name at the time they're scheduling their visit.

So - no, you don't have to register your "Unborn Baby" if you want to tour the WH while pregnant. But if you expect to give birth before your tour, then yes, there needs to be a placeholder record in the system.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This makes too much sense.
Hey, we have indignation going here. Don't bring common sense into it.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:12 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Sadly it has gotten to the point that just because one cannot find anything about a obama story or a story about this administration does not mean it is not happening.
The news is no longer doing their job of being unbiased and reporting ALL news

Sadly it has gotten to the point that just because no one can prove anything about an Obama story, or a story about this administration, does not mean it shouldn't be believed.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 PM

Is it wrong that I'm beginning to be amused by the ill-founded poutrage?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Is it wrong that I'm beginning to be amused by the ill-founded poutrage?
Not at all.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Seriously. Doesn't anyone stop to think before hitting the Outrage Button?

You really should have read the entire email depicted before hitting the keyboard, because the last paragraph is crucial:

Get it now? This is for people who are expecting, who are planning a visit to the WH with their newborn and who obviously can't provide DOB, sex or name at the time they're scheduling their visit.

So - no, you don't have to register your "Unborn Baby" if you want to tour the WH while pregnant. But if you expect to give birth before your tour, then yes, there needs to be a placeholder record in the system.
I don't think you get it.

No Birth Certificate Required | Washington Free Beacon

"For a baby that has not yet been born".

People who are "expecting" do not have a "newborn".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies