Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:14 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howsitgoingdude3 View Post
You know what's really funny. I'm sorry, but I’m going to throw this back out there. Ted Kennedy a US Senator not only drove drunk and killed a women, but he then lied to police and has since gone on to be elected for what 3 decades in MA. Again White guy kills, lies, and gets away with it, but Black guy does the same thing and he's "public enemy number 1." Sorry, to say folks we have a huge race problem. Explain to me why Whites are not outraged at Ted Kennedy and why he's able to walk the streets and OJ is harassed on a regular basis same crime (murder) just different races. I bet no one will challenge my assertion. The one thing these two murders have in common is money!
Another thing they have in common is that they both got away with it. There are people that are outraged that Kennedy did not get charged and that bring it up often. For some reason, the people in Mass. still see fit to vote for him. There are people that are outraged that OJ is on the street and there are people that still think he didn't do it and still look up to him. I think he didn't do himself any favors by coming out with a book describing the killing of his wife for his children to see when they get older. I would also imagine that the passage of time has something to do with a difference in emotion as does the fact that OJ's crime happened at a time where the media exposes the gruesome details much more than was the case in Kennedy's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Quote:
Okay first things first he probably helped to kill or killed the first two people and got off, but this time it looks like he got set-up from the start. Now, it's still not right to bring a gun to a party, but from the looks of all the sketchy characters involved OJ's probably not going to go to jail to much of most of your dismay. However, why does a white guy who goes around killing massive amounts of people like John Gotti get called a Dapper Don when he beats the charges? Remember he was like celebrated by the whole city of New York and a lot of people in this country, but let an old black football player kill two people and get away with it and he's the most hated man in the last two decades (and those are decades that included Sadam, Osama, etc) What gives now discuss amongst yourselves....
i did not see my former post--- sooooo
wow here is a interesting post which i have seen b4.
a guy defending OJ. on racial grounds.

when we cease to judge by color we will all be free.

i have a dream.

stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-01-2007, 02:25 PM

175 posts, read 733,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
What is a shabble?
Obviously in a typing rush i did not put in the m, but to answer your question a Shabble is some sort of knife or blade.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM

175 posts, read 733,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
i did not see my former post--- sooooo
wow here is a interesting post which i have seen b4.
a guy defending OJ. on racial grounds.

when we cease to judge by color we will all be free.

i have a dream.

stephen s
san diego ca
Stephen from San Diego where in any of my post am I defending OJ Simpson? Please copy and paste the exact point at which I defend OJ!! All i have done was point out the differences in America's dealings with killers based on race! I have not defended any of these criminals!

Old 10-01-2007, 04:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Okay first things first he probably helped to kill or killed the first two people and got off, but this time it looks like he got set-up from the start. Now, it's still not right to bring a gun to a party, but from the looks of all the sketchy characters involved OJ's probably not going to go to jail to much of most of your dismay. However, why does a white guy who goes around killing massive amounts of people like John Gotti get called a Dapper Don when he beats the charges? Remember he was like celebrated by the whole city of New York and a lot of people in this country, but let an old black football player kill two people and get away with it and he's the most hated man in the last two decades (and those are decades that included Sadam, Osama, etc) What gives now discuss amongst yourselves....
I agree that it very much looks like OJ was setup, however you have to understand that being setup doesnt mean you havent committed a crime. Example, child predators meetup with children from online only to discover that the "child" they are meeting is a police officer. The whole scenario obviously was setup, doesnt mean the predator hasnt committed a crime.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 AM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,383 times
Quote:
You know what's really funny. I'm sorry, but I’m going to throw this back out there. Ted Kennedy a US Senator not only drove drunk and killed a women, but he then lied to police and has since gone on to be elected for what 3 decades in MA. Again White guy kills, lies, and gets away with it, but Black guy does the same thing and he's "public enemy number 1." Sorry, to say folks we have a huge race problem. Explain to me why Whites are not outraged at Ted Kennedy and why he's able to walk the streets and OJ is harassed on a regular basis same crime (murder) just different races. I bet no one will challenge my assertion. The one thing these two murders have in common is money!
I agree with you that there is a double standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
If it's his sh*t, you must acquit...
That is funny

BTW, just for the record, I don't think OJ killed Nicole and the Goldman fellow - do I think he knows more than he told - MOST DEFINITELY.

In regards to the stolen merchandise or auctioned merchandise, whatever you choose to call it, I do believe that the charges are "trumped up" and they are trying to compensate for OJ beating the murder charges years ago. Do I think he's stupid for even being in the room - YES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Being the driver in an accident where someone is killed is not murder, and it's certainly a far cry from stabbing someone to death. They are nowhere near the same thing.
What is your definition of murder, I'm curious

Last edited by ayannaaaliyah; 10-14-2007 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: added paragraph

Old 10-14-2007, 11:56 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
We don't need to worry.....OJ's being prosecuted by the DA himself [who couldn't get a conviction with a confession.]

Old 10-14-2007, 08:56 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Thank you for your overly racial segment targeted at Black Celebes, but the point of my own posting was targeting the difference between famous black and white Murderers, that got away with the crime and were not charged and how society reacts to the difference amongst race for the same crime. I do not know where I mentioned Child molesters, crack heads, or has been political civil rights leaders? Can you explain your racist post and why you felt it necessary to bring up the following irrelevant people? What the heck does Jesse Jackson, Michael Jackson, and did you mention Al Sharpton have to do with me comparing Kennedy (a murderer) to OJ (a murderer)? Further more you did not challenge anything you merely supported my belief that there are a bunch of vapid bigoted a-holes on here incapable of a decent objective look at racial differences in crimes. When Paris kills someone and gets away with it i'll answer that question, but until that happens again another pointless add to this forum.
You asked for examples of blacks and whites....I gave you them, I responded to your questions about why Kennedy got off easy (DUI\manslaughter laws being weak 40 years ago) I also pointed out how popular OJ was prior to the conviction....which shoots the whole "hate him because he's black" thing all to bits.

The example of Paris was that she's HATED and she hasn't done anything and she's white! OJ still signs autographs in public.

Your resorting to a racial tirade was unappreciated and shows an intent to misread my points which you asked for. An apology would be appreciated, it would be the classy thing to do.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:03 PM

531 posts, read 1,744,424 times
If OJ didn't kill Nicole and Ron Goldman who had the motive to kill BOTH of them ? The circumstances seem very fishy. And for the record, I also believe Robert Blake killed his wife so it's not a matter of race for me.

I agree with the poster that said years ago DUI laws were less strict(Kennedy/Chappaquiddick). It was before my time, but I know in recent years the laws are getting stricter,and that's a good thing.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:32 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
Let's keep this thread devoid of inflammatory remarks, personal attacks and most especially racial comments--or it will be closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies