Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 05:03 PM

28,982 posts, read 30,377,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Because the GOP has refused to moderately raise tax rates on the wealthy.

That's the single greatest cause of the deficit. http://ravenbrooks.com/wp-content/up...june_20101.gif

And you and other right wingers refuse still to raise taxes on the wealthy, and only offer drastic to middle class benefits.

Middle class and poor families have got to be out of their mind voting Republican.

First, I'm not a republican, and 2nd, I'm for raising taxes on the rich...
you guys never cease to amaze me???
And 3rd which no one ever comments on, is, enough is enough, all the illegals in this country, well, if they can vote, they can pay taxes...and its high time they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 06:06 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,453,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Because the GOP has refused to moderately raise tax rates on the wealthy.

That's the single greatest cause of the deficit. http://ravenbrooks.com/wp-content/up...june_20101.gif

And you and other right wingers refuse still to raise taxes on the wealthy, and only offer drastic to middle class benefits.

Middle class and poor families have got to be out of their mind voting Republican.

Of course it has nothing at all to do with that $3.8 trillion in spending.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:59 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,537,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

#4 Back in 2007, about 10 percent of all unemployed Americans had been out of work for 52 weeks or longer. Today, that number is above 30 percent.

#11 According to one recent survey, approximately one-third of all Americans are not paying their bills on time at this point.

The long-term unemployed will be a forgotten footnote in American history, gthey are disposable and currently being disposed.

Americans overspent and ran up too much debt during the good times, now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:14 PM

17 posts, read 17,876 times
Every one of these problems are the direct result of conservative politics that have been plaguing this country for the last 30+ years, current administration included.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The correct figure is $10.6 trillion.

The correct figure is $5 trillion.

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Conservatives don't need to lie about the present administration. The truth about them is bad enough.

So stop.

I'm not lieing...actually I was listening to a talk show and that is what they said....
I'M NOT A CONSERVATIVE!!!!!!!!

Man oh man you people are hostile and ready to blame and point fingers before you even know the facts...no wonder this country is in termoil...you all not just you, but you all ought to be ashamed...

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-14-2012 at 06:05 AM..

Old 05-14-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intervening Episode View Post
Every one of these problems are the direct result of conservative politics that have been plaguing this country for the last 30+ years, current administration included.
It's not just conservative politics and when you people get that thru your thick heads, maybe we can turn the course, but until all of you stop blaming the other party, b/c both parties are absolutely corrupt, nothing is going to happen.

How long does it take you people to understand that...it ain't working

Old 05-14-2012, 05:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,782,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
when Bush went out of office after 8 years, he left us with a 4 trillion dollar debt. In just four years, Obama has added an additional 6 trillion dollars in debt to that.
Bush doubled the debt. It was around 11 trillion when he was done.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Bush doubled the debt. It was around 11 trillion when he was done.
yes, someone corrected me on that...however, Obama isn't any better.
I am a registered INDEPENDENT, and I voted for Bush...but hated his political practices, and then I wanted change so badly I voted for Obama, and he isn't much better.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,907,727 times
Every item the OP mentioned is a direct result of adopting an economy based on finance and banking instead of manufacturing. This was done about three decades ago and we are now living with the results. Results that were predictable and may well have been the goal of the change. The primary beneficiaries of a finance economy are the financiers. Very high deficit spending is a way to assure these people will collect the nation’s wealth instead of having it dissipated in wages and benefits for the employees that are no longer needed.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,782,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, someone corrected me on that...however, Obama isn't any better.
I am a registered INDEPENDENT, and I voted for Bush...but hated his political practices, and then I wanted change so badly I voted for Obama, and he isn't much better.
No, Obama isn't any better, and neither is Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies