Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This one is REALLY starting to blow up in the face of the racists that ranted and screamed about white people just out there gunning for blacks.
The reality is a white person is 3 times as likely to be killed by black person and that's before adjusting for population differences. If anyone should be making claims about racism being a motivating factor for murders it's white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:44 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That cigar-chomping fool is the worst kind of hypocrite.
How is he a hypocrite?

I almost 100% agree with him.

99% of these Trayvon Martin protesters are people who have never participated in any community rally or protest before for the black community.

There are shootings and murders daily on Chicago's Side South claiming the lives of black youth (many innocent bystanders) and rarely are there rally's, and if there are they have only a handful of people.

It is not the crime itself but the race of the perpetrator and media frenzy that is getting these usually lazy hipsters to participate in something they think is 'cool', which is exploiting Trayvon's death.

And it IS true, black on black crime is often dismissed as 'common', or 'not a big deal' by these SAME people protesting!

So pathetic.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
How is he a hypocrite?

99% of these Trayvon Martin protesters are people who have never participated in any community rally or protest before for the black community.

There are shootings and murders daily on Chicago's Side South claiming the lives of black youth (many innocent bystanders) and rarely are there rally's, and if there are they have only a handful of people.

It is not the crime itself but the race of the perpetrator and media frenzy that is getting these usually lazy hipsters to participate in something they think is 'cool', which is exploiting Trayvon's death.

And it IS true, black on black crime is often dismissed as 'common', or 'not a big deal' by these SAME people protesting!

So pathetic.
I broke it down earlier:

Quote:
While this cigar-chomping Uncle Ruckus has a legitimate point about black-on-black crime, supporting of black-owned business and general dysfunction in the African American populace, he's in reality no different than those whites who make broad generalizations about black folk.

He wasn't making this video for black people; he made it for white people. He just wanted to come off as a cynical, flinty-eyed seer, but what he was trying to do was, through some strange Clarence Thomasian self-deprecatory screed, show that he was an "acceptable" black who hates his own people just as much as they do. The fact that he calls ANY elderly black woman a "fossilized hag" tells me that he deserves not a modicum of respect from me.

In reality, he's just as bad as the "shucking, jiving Negroes" he lambastes. Sort of like an EdwardA with a bit of consciousness. He's just as confused as the blacks he disses. What a reprehensible human being.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
5. President Obama. "If I had a son, he's lo0ok like Trayvon".
The fact that people are upset by this quote, and pointing to it as some sort of proof that Obama is dividing the country, or is a racist, is laughable. It's a pretty simple truth, the two do look somewhat alike.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Releasing this picture is suppose to somehow exonerate Zimmerman? I smell desperation. Zimmerman being white, then white hispanic, black hispanic or plain ol hispanic isn't the issue. Zimmerman profiled Martin, instigated a threat and shot him in cold blood. The other issue is the actions of the Sanford Police Department. Most people are all relieved Zimmerman was finally charged, so releasing this photo only satisfies all the white racists on city-data with a relief that Zimmerman isn't 100% white. This is one murder that they can't take credit for. Whoopie.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:31 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
How is he a hypocrite?

So pathetic.
Re: the bold-possibly, though you don't know that for sure. If it's the beginning an awakening for them, a "defining moment" so to speak, all the better. Every activitst got their start some where, some time.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Releasing this picture is suppose to somehow exonerate Zimmerman? I smell desperation. Zimmerman being white, then white hispanic, black hispanic or plain ol hispanic isn't the issue. Zimmerman profiled Martin, instigated a threat and shot him in cold blood. The other issue is the actions of the Sanford Police Department. Most people are all relieved Zimmerman was finally charged, so releasing this photo only satisfies all the white racists on city-data with a relief that Zimmerman isn't 100% white. This is one murder that they can't take credit for. Whoopie.
Its as if the fact that he has African ancestry exonerates him from his crime of murder. It so sad that the Zimmerman team is trotting out the "black great grandpa" who Latinos like the Zimmermans usually keep hidden deep in the closet. These people are scum.

Black in Latin America E03, Mexico and Peru: The Black Grandma in the Closet - YouTube

Old 05-11-2012, 07:34 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Its as if the fact that he has African ancestry exonerates him from his crime of murder. It so sad that the Zimmerman team is trotting out the "black great grandpa" who Latinos like the Zimmermans usually keep hidden deep in the closet. These people are scum.

Black in Latin America E03, Mexico and Peru: The Black Grandma in the Closet - YouTube
No. It doesn't exonerate the guy and quite frankly I'm glad he's facing charges.

However, it makes the racists claiming that zimmerman did this because he's white....look like FKING idiots.

Yep, in the US where 90% of the kids like Trayvon are shot dead by blacks (actual statistics) it pisssssses me off to have to hear load after load of BS trying to paint shootings as "white people out to get blacks".

Screw the racist MOFO's on this board and in general for trying to make this a racist issue without a shred of evidence. I hope Zimmerman does time for his actions and I hope the race baiters in the US recognize their own issues.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:40 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Re: the bold-possibly, though you don't know that for sure. If it's the beginning an awakening for them, a "defining moment" so to speak, all the better. Every activitst got their start some where, some time.
What a brutal defining moment. Unlike the purity of oppression that faced MLK and others before him, we are now looking at a situation where a black-latino-white failed mall cop made a really really stupid move....but we are supposed to latch onto it as a symbol of oppression?

Trayvon will knock the civil rights movement on it's arse.

I can flat out tell you I'm extremely pro-black and civil rights. I recognize the racism that was faced and still exists. However, I'm seriously pissssssed off that people have gone to the extremes to make the issue racial. I'm in serious backlash mode and the COWARDS that crammed the early posts about trayvon have disappeared into the wind like the farts they are.

Cowards.

Several of the regular posters here are DAMN lucky those threads are jammed and locked....they owe people an apology for some of their racist statements.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Mark Nejame on new Zimmerman family photo:

The picture shows George Zimmerman's Mom as a small child sitting on George's Great Grandfather's lap with George's Grandmother standing to the rear.
(Video at link)

Mark Nejame on new Zimmerman family photo: "He really has significant multiracial, multicultural roots" – Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

A little 'cleaner' link here: CNN Legal Analyst: Obama's Grandparents 'Would Have Looked a Lot Like George Zimmerman's Grandparents' | NewsBusters.org
I'll bet Joseph Stalin looked real cute sitting in his mothers lap too.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies