Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,560,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
So why not legislate against my marriage? Why focus only on the gays?
your asking this from a secular or religious perspective?

Quote:
I didn't go to an Orthodox rabbi - I have participated in Jewish events of all backgrounds in several countries over the years. In the UK, most Jews are Orthodox, so that was the community I was in. I did a semester long class put on by the local JSoc talking about Judaism and dating. That was a few years before I knew I was sick (though I did have cancer undetected at the time). When that first rabbi (who is very well regarded in the British Jewish community) said that, I later went to other rabbis in the States to make sense of it. It still makes no sense. None.
what exactly did he say?
what he most likely said is that a man has a obligation to have a son and daughter and therefore can't marry you unless he already has one because by doing so he would nullifying a positive commandment. "marrying" a member of the same sex would be a negative and much worse.

Quote:
I could wish the same to you. My body will heal - your hatred will take a lot more work to fix.
that's why we say nefesh because who ever is in favor of 2 people of the same sex "marrying" needs a major healing of their nefesh.

I hate people who blatantly spit in the face of god so to speak and that's what this does.

Judaism has always been anti homosexuality as opposed to let's say the romans who were pro gay but murdered they're own children.
hopefully you'll realize the error of your ways and return to Judaism. Just for the record the Jewish communities that are the most against homo "marriages" also have the most gimulus chesed that you can possibly imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies