Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
The NBA Lottery system has no effect on the California economy.
If you think the way money is created and stolen on a national level doesn't affect EVERY state including California, your screen name is misapplied.

I responded to this chatter about how welfare is ripping off the residents of California ... if you think welfare is denting California, you need to educate yourself on how wealthy financiers and industrialists are ripping off the residents of California. Their theft is through illusion and fraud and manipulation -- not through school lunch for a hungry child. And it makes school lunches look like a handful of rotten peanuts.
A hungry child? Where are the parents of this hungry child and why aren't they going after them for neglect?

There is absolutely no excuse with the many many forms of birth control and combinations for people to breed like stray dogs and cats and have children they cannot or will not support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:08 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,903,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A hungry child? Where are the parents of this hungry child and why aren't they going after them for neglect?

There is absolutely no excuse with the many many forms of birth control and combinations for people to breed like stray dogs and cats and have children they cannot or will not support.
Regardless, it happens, it has always happened, it will continue to happen ... while you are ranting your indignation, there is life to live and share with your species.

And while you focus your fury on those among us who have not learned to control themselves, add bankers and investors, and financiers, and corporate industrialists, and politicians to your list to flog. All of which list cause more damage in a day to society than the "small people" do in a decade ... maybe a century.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Regardless, it happens, it has always happened, it will continue to happen ... while you are ranting your indignation, there is life to live and share with your species.

And while you focus your fury on those among us who have not learned to control themselves, add bankers and investors, and financiers, and corporate industrialists, and politicians to your list to flog. All of which list cause more damage in a day to society than the "small people" do in a decade ... maybe a century.
It happens in a third world country but there not in middle class societies.

And with all the forms of birth control as well as abstinence, there is no excuse for people to have children and not feed their children. You breed 'em you feed 'em.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,937,232 times
Quote:

And with all the forms of birth control as well as abstinence, there is no excuse for people to have children and not feed their children. You breed 'em you feed 'em.
Well bc fails all the time. The better economies get the better choices people make and the better society is as a whole. This has been indicated in studies. So getting Big Gov out of the way ripping people off and transferring wealth should help both issues.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:31 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
The bell tolls for California's Public University system.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/02/us...QNWLQOQh/DB+AQ
Quote:
For generations, the University of California system — home to such globally renowned institutions as Berkeley and U.C.L.A. — has been widely recognized as perhaps the best example of what public universities could be. Along with the California State University system and the state’s vast number of community colleges, higher education options here have long been the envy of other states.

But after years, and even decades, of budget cutbacks from the state, that reputation is under increasing threat. University leaders, who had responded typically to earlier budget cuts with assurances that their institutions were still in top form, now are sounding the alarm. In trying to rally support, they openly worry that their schools do not offer the same quality of education as a decade ago.

“I’d be lying if I said what we offer students hasn’t been changed and that there hasn’t been a degradation of the learning environment,” said Timothy White, the chancellor of the University of California, Riverside, which has had record growth in recent years. Last year, plans to open a medical school on the campus were shelved after state budget cuts.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:

Uh, as you can see, it happens right here in first world country too now don't it? As I said, it always has and always will. Regardless of excuse or no excuse, you advocate abandoning unwanted or unplanned children to the streets? Think that will come back in good ways to society?

Tell you what, you p*ss and moan, while I and others pitch in and help out those who find themselves here without a plan ... don't bother going out of your judgmental way, others will handle it. You're too busy wagging your finger.

Middle class society, my arse ... bunch of whiny stuck up pr*cks. Classless.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Well bc fails all the time. The better economies get the better choices people make and the better society is as a whole. This has been indicated in studies. So getting Big Gov out of the way ripping people off and transferring wealth should help both issues.
Yes, I know it does but someone who doesn't plan to feed their child needs to be sterilized -- it's ridiculous that the main purpose of schools now is to feed children whose parents won't feed them -- and these parents receive plenty of food stamps and have no excuse not to feed their kids.

And much of this free food ends up in the garbage because the schools are required to provide large meals when the kids don't want to eat them.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There's more to life than money.
Right.

How great is one's is life when one is financially deep in the hole?

I'm not throwing rocks at CA for I live in NJ and our Democrat machine polticians try out-doing your politicians in terms of so-called progressive policies sending us down the financial rathole.

We're the highest taxed population in the nation and broke.

Top that, CA!!

Old 06-02-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Right.

How great is one's is life when one is financially deep in the hole?
That depends on your expectations and how you've got your head screwed on ...
How much does living simplistically cost?
How much do healthy personal habits cost?
How much does it cost to love and be loved?
How much do you have to pay for a good attitude?
What's the going rate for watching the world as entertainment?

Here's a link and some excerpts from a great story printed in the L.A. Times last year about just this subject ... Dare you to read and laugh at this man's success:

For 35 years Reuben Pardo has operated the same elevator in an Art Deco building on Wilshire Blvd. A marvelous story of happiness in a life of ups and downs. How to live without money controlling your sense of happiness and worth -- even in California:

COLUMN ONE: Elevator operator's overriding story: joy - latimes.com

"His brother became a public defender. One sister is an accountant. The other retired as a pharmacist assistant. "Everybody had a good position and guess what? They all got houses and three cars, four cars in the garage. And I'm the one with the little apartment," Pardo says.

"But we are happy. Me and my wife, we are really happy.... As long as you're happy, as long as you are full of happiness, that's all that matters."

He and Trudy married in 1972. They have one son, 29, and one granddaughter, 11.

Trudy, retired from Carl's Junior, keeps the house and cooks the food.

And on his day off, Pardo celebrates her.

They ride the bus around, "MTA cruising." They go to a restaurant.

"I take her out every Sunday so she can relax," he says. "That's my personal gift to her until God takes us away."

On Saturday night, the two choose their Sunday spot. It could be Denny's or IHOP or Norm's.

Each week until they decide, it's a delicious surprise.

"I love my small, little world."

Old 06-02-2012, 01:35 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,937,232 times
Quote:
Yes, I know it does but someone who doesn't plan to feed their child needs to be sterilized -- it's ridiculous that the main purpose of schools now is to feed children whose parents won't feed them -- and these parents receive plenty of food stamps and have no excuse not to feed their kids.

And much of this free food ends up in the garbage because the schools are required to provide large meals when the kids don't want to eat them.
I can't say I agree with that. Ends justifying the means and all. I say have a prosperous and diverse economy, and educate well. Teach compassion.

The Big govts w/ the elites are literally sucking the life out of the economy for everyone. Education and modeling is always better than force or punishment. Our society is completely invested in condemnation. This just doesn't work imo.
This isn't some pipe dream, we could do so much better. People are being strangled by giant govt. Sex is about proper relations not just procreation. We have a distribution problem on this planet. This is correctable. People will adopt children so there are options for accidents.

The plutocracy who continues to rob us, ruin the economy, the money, stifle and control us is a massive tape worm that needs a purgative. Our system is fostering an unhealthy environment of dependence and survival mentality, not self reliance and healthy social structures.

CA has more money than it knows what to do with, but people are willing to hand over more to it w/o batting an eye. How sick is it for your own govt to invest in and profit from putting you in debt against your will? Our entire system perpetuates your indebtedness.

Ultimately "we the people" are the only ones who will change this for the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies