Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:24 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,553,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
it is amazing how liberals work so hard to discredit Fox news.
I didn't realize they had any credit in the first place.

Anyway, news in the US sucks.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
An important truth:
Quoted from where. Alternet or Truthout as your OP was?

Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Nobody can credit or discredit anything better than the audience itself.

like people getting their news from MSNBC or John Stewart are somehow better humans.

such hypocricy.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Author has admitted to being part of obama's propaganda machine by writing that article.

Heaven knows what was in the mind and heart of the original poster to think anyone but fellow rabid dogs would find the article relevant and applicable only to FOX. To miss the same complaints in other media is diagnostic of blindness and a signal to revaluate beliefs.

No one could possible read that article and not see an example of pure propaganda. All the strategies mentioned are standard fare in human relationships and not missed by generations of politicians, despots and co-workers you dislike at your place of employment.

1. Panic Mongering. Human caused global warming, rhetoric leads to violence, grandma pushed off a cliff. Airliner flies over NYC causing a panic. Repubs want to sacrifice the middle class and poor in favor of the rich.
2. Character Assassination/Ad Hominem. Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman and their families were attacked. Ryan pushes old lady off cliff ad. MSNBC specialty with Rd Schultz, olberman et al. Romney is a Mormon and that is bad but it is ok that Harry reid is a Mormon. Threat to release AIG bunus recipients names if they did not return the money..then we find out the Treasury dept put wording in Dodd's legislation unbeknownced to him, at the midnight hour, to ensure the AIG guys received their bonuses.
3. Projection/Flipping. Obama et al have used this as their main weapon, glaring useage was the claim the Repubs want to destroy the economy. Obama is the original etch-a- sketch kid. Senator obama needs time to read legislation, to not do so is improper and despicable. Senator obama is against passing legislation
4. Rewriting History. The first time anyone ever heard of rewriting our history was from the mouth of Michelle obama. Look up the quote. LA times claiming no one is upset with 4$ a gallon gas.
5. Scapegoating/Othering. It is GWB's fault!!!!!!! Obama still looking for an azz to kick from the gulf oil spill? Dividing the nation with claims of class warfare. News propaganda machine had to apologize for editing 911 call to make Zimmerman look like a bigot. Harry reid claims repub legislation is so bad he will not put it up for vote. It would be in Reid;s favor to show the country how bad repub legislation is but he refuses and makes his words questionable
6. Conflating Violence With Power and Opposition to Violence With Weakness. Huh?
7. Bullying. forcing the banks to take bailout money. Screwing GM shareholders by setting aside the law in favor of the unions. Union leader calls for members to take out their enemies. Passing obamacare by nuclear option. Published 'enemies list'.
8. Confusion. I will not pass obamacare by nuclear option. I am against gay marriage, Barney Frank et al claimed fannie and freddie were doing well and any opposition was racist. "WE HAVE TO PASS IT TO SEE WHAT'S IN IT"...THE DEM LEGISLATORS WERE NOT CONVERSANT IN THE LEGISLATION THEY UNANIMOUSLY PASSED, MANY ADMITTED THEY HAD READ IT. The southern border is safe and controlled. obama is not against the pipeline.
Tax cheat is put in charge of the treasury dept.
Half a billion dollares 'invested' in solyndra when it was known is would not be a good investment. Response in hindsight claims if we didn't throw away that money on solyndra, China would corner the solar market. Huh?
Bans deep water drilling and then invests billions in Brazil's deep water efforts by Petrobras.
9. Populism. Unfortunately Obama is not in tune with mainstream America and practices populism with small groups to gain votes. Obama attends rev wright's sunday service for 20 years and never heard any attacks on whites and America. Obama spends all his efforts playing up to splinter groups as a campaign strategy.
10. Invoking the Christian God. Obama has never invoked the Christian God to bless America?
11. Saturation. I, I ,I I. news media claim Obama is a great orator, OMBwatch gives obama transparency award in private session. The economy is recovering. Biden will make sure tarp money is not wasted. Obama is a loved by the world. Obamacare is wondeful. Obama saved the economy.
12. Disparaging Education. Obama and friends speak in nebulous terms to avoid details. We have to pass obamacare to find out what's in it....
13. Guilt by Association. If you are a Tparty sympathizer you have violent tendencies...Pelosi gives 'rhetoric leads to violence' speech. If you watch FOX you are ignorant, stupid, dumb, racist. If you are against Obama's policies you are racist.
14. Diversion. economy failing an Obama caters to gay audience. Earthquake in Japan, bad weather, GWB used as excuses for obama's poor performance. Email discovered media collusion that encouraged writers to charge racism whenever media opponents disagreed with obama.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
I didn't realize they had any credit in the first place.

Anyway, news in the US sucks.

Average Fox news watcher= regular middle class American
MSNBC watcher= wacked out Occupy stink pot that needs a bath.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
What can the government do to prevent you from voting?
Show me where you are even given the right to vote for your federal representative?

Old 05-14-2012, 12:37 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
like people getting their news from MSNBC or John Stewart are somehow better humans.

such hypocricy.
I can't speak for MSNBC, but I can see why you'd hate Jon Stewart and his audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Show me where you are even given the right to vote for your federal representative?
First you prove that you don't understand rights.
Now, you're hell bent on proving that you believe rights are given to you. What can be given, can be taken away. No? And since you didn't respond to my question, here it is again: What can the government do to prevent you from voting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Quoted from where. Alternet or Truthout as your OP was?
Yeah, we should all stick with "TheBlaze" and like.

[MOD CUT]
But when it comes to media, there couldn't be a bigger joke than pretty much anything American (except NPR/PBS).

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-14-2012 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: hotlinking is not permitted per the TOS

Old 05-14-2012, 12:38 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
So, you're agreeing with my post? Or, disagreeing? Is Fox News a network right wing groups can count on?
This is why reading a topic from the beginning is important. I've already said that Fox News has a conservative slant, I've said it more than once. Certainly the opinion shows like this one with the screen shot from Cavuto lean way to the right but they aren't news shows.

Quote:
Screen shots...
1. Panic Mongering.

Cavuto is political commentary show, no different than Olberman except he still has a job. LOL

Old 05-14-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I can't speak for MSNBC, but I can see why you'd hate Jon Stewart and his audience.

I dont "hate" JS. i watch occasionally. He is funny. I dont consider him a "news source" like a lot of people do.

PS I dont consider Sean Hannity a "news source" either.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:40 PM

The thing you people hate about fox news and conservative talk radio is that you liberals are just getting beaten to a pulp by the conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies