Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 06:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
I don't really care if he thinks gay people are immoral; I agree he has every right to think that, but it gets tiring to read a one-sided argument from him every day repeating such belief which for some reason cannot be rebutted.

What about when Harrier calls gay people pedophiles, and when Ozzy Rules calls them Satanic, Mokan says they're all drug addicts, and the other guy I can't remember calls them sickening.... ????
You don't care? You reacted by calling him names, so of course you care. You'll get your point across better if you are less sensitive to other peoples comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 06:44 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You don't care? You reacted by calling him names, so of course you care. You'll get your point across better if you are less sensitive to other peoples comments.
The same could be said of you.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Exactly. I think labeling Noggers "human" is immoral. Clearly, these creatures are animals and should be treated as such. By declaring them "human," we have eroded the values of our society. The moral thing to do would have been to keep them "possessions" - it would have made their lives tremendously easier. As you can tell, the whole community of blacks is struggling - and we led them straight into their misery by thinking the had the capability to act like decent humans. This, of course, is highly immoral.
Thank you for sharing your personal view on this matter. Enjoy your day and the coming weekend.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:47 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
You've got to be kidding me. You and the other pro-gay liberal fascists are trying to change the laws of the land to support your "opposing" view. We are just fighting back.
Haha. Only to a hate-filled, ant-gay bigot does wanting equal rights = liberal fascist.

I wonder what you'd call somebody who not only wanted marriage rights for gays, but wanted to do away with marriage rights for straights - you know, treat straight people the way gay people have been treated under the law.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:49 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Here's an idea: All the homosexuals who feel discriminated against can move to Canada and establish One Big Utopic Homosexual Homeland? It sounds like Canada is ripe for a Gay Coup.
Yet another reminder why I need to stay out of the Politics forum. The frequency of ridiculous posts continue to amaze me.

I'm sure a slave owner in the 1850s made similar statements.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
The same could be said of you.
Say what you wish, but I am not the one on a mission to win over anyone minds. You are the one on the mission, are you not? If you wanted to win people over to your side, you could never accompish it by calling them haters and bigots.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:50 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Quote:
Thank you for sharing your personal view on this matter. Enjoy your day and the coming weekend.
I see. So not only are you being deceitful by only posting an excerpt of my post, but you also are unable to respond when it's made clear how bigoted you truly are.

For someone so concerned with "morality," you certainly have a rather lax interpretation when it comes to honesty.

At least you've now made it abundantly clear why kind of person your are.

Here's my entire post:

Quote:
Exactly. I think labeling Noggers "human" is immoral. Clearly, these creatures are animals and should be treated as such. By declaring them "human," we have eroded the values of our society. The moral thing to do would have been to keep them "possessions" - it would have made their lives tremendously easier. As you can tell, the whole community of blacks is struggling - and we led them straight into their misery by thinking the had the capability to act like decent humans. This, of course, is highly immoral.

Oh, and saying something like that clear does NOT make me a bigot - right? I mean, I did reference "morality" to justify this perspective!

Another oh: I am obviously being sarcastic! No decent person would think that simply thinking something is "immoral' justifies discrimination.

And no, Finn, stealing is a crime. Homosexuality is not - you'll have to live in one of those wonderfully fundamentalist Islamic Utopias for that.

See the difference? Stealing, pedophilia, etc. are crimes - they may be immoral, but we punish these actions because they violate our laws. Homosexuality is not a crime - whether you think it is immoral or not.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
You've got to be kidding me. You and the other pro-gay liberal fascists are trying to change the laws of the land to support your "opposing" view. We are just fighting back.
I am not pro-gay My comment was directed at pro-gays. I believe marriage is between one man and one woman.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:55 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,776 times
Quote:
Say what you wish, but I am not the one on a mission to win over anyone minds. You are the one on the mission, are you not? If you wanted to win people over to your side, you could never accompish it by calling them haters and bigots.
And whatever the "other" side is, its not going to win anyone over by calling people immoral and sickening drug-addicted pedophiles. Hater and bigot are rather mild terms in comparison.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
I see. So not only are you being deceitful by only posting an excerpt of my post, but you also are unable to respond when it's made clear how bigoted you truly are.

For someone so concerned with "morality," you certainly have a rather lax interpretation when it comes to honesty.

At least you've now made it abundantly clear why kind of person your are.

Here's my entire post:
I simply gave you an sample answer. You could try something like that when you defend homosexuality. If would make you look less soft and defensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies