Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 04:11 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,053,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And in which class at Fullerton were you taught theories that go against the prevailing and accepted psychological and biological positions vis-a-vis homosexuality?

Where did you learn that sexuality (as opposed to sex acts) are a "choice?" Or that homosexuality is problematic or NOT a normal and observed orientation within human sexuality?
None - your attempts to demean the respected and dignified institution of Fullerton College - simply because a person that disagrees with your political views graduated from the school - fails. See - I took a class called Critical Thinking and Reasoning at that school - and learned all about logical fallacies - one that you just used in your argument.

Go Hornets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 04:12 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,470,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I think your post gets to the root of the problem. Sexuality vs sex acts. The gays want their sexual orientation to be accepted... but then they justify their immoral sexual behavior by claiming that they can't help it. Again, the victim mentality. ALL adults have to take responsibility for their ACTIONS!
Given that as your point of view I still fail to see the "except homosexuals" clause in the 14th amendment. Perhaps you can show me the part of the constitution that allows the laws to be administered differently to one particular subgroup of the citizenry.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have already answered this question - yes - sexual "orientation" is a choice - if I wished to I could choose to be "gay". I do not - I choose to be "straight" I hate the terms "gay" and "straight" - they imply that what people choose to do sexually is not a choice. They are deceptive and the proof is that people use them - even I do - but it is neccesary to combat the lies that the homosexual movement promotes.
So what you're telling me is that somewhere in your youth you were equally turned on by both male and female but you chose to go with the female? And right now you can be equally turned on by either sex but you choose to go with the opposite sex?

Old 05-14-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
So what you're telling me is that somewhere in your youth you were equally turned on by both male and female but you chose to go with the female? And right now you can be equally turned on by either sex but you choose to go with the opposite sex?
Yes.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:19 PM

613 posts, read 761,189 times
Quote:
I have already answered this question - yes - sexual "orientation" is a choice - if I wished to I could choose to be "gay". I do not - I choose to be "straight" I hate the terms "gay" and "straight" - they imply that what people choose to do sexually is not a choice. They are deceptive and the proof is that people use them - even I do - but it is neccesary to combat the lies that the homosexual movement promotes.
You are really confused.

If you think you can choose to be gay it is a sign that you are actually gay.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:20 PM

14,045 posts, read 15,081,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
That's because they don't.

Not while DOMA is in place and the Federal government doesn't recognise same-sex marriages.
In those aforementioned states gay marriage is equivilant to straight Marriage.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
You are really confused.
If you think you can choose to be gay it is a sign that you are actually gay.
No I am not. People who are gay choose to be so. I have chosen to be "straight".

Old 05-14-2012, 04:31 PM

613 posts, read 761,189 times
Quote:
No I am not. People who are gay choose to be so. I have chosen to be "straight".
I’m sorry, but if you think that you are probably gay, or at the very least bi-sexual.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Actually I would say you are bisexual given your equal attraction to both sexes and you do indeed choose to only fulfill the hetro side of your attractions. But I would point out that just because you are the way you are it doesn't follow that everyone else is the same way. Personally I have only been sexually attracted to women, my opposite sex. I do know a few professed homosexuals that insist they have only ever been sexually attracted to members of their same sex and I have no reason to doubt them. Still given all that I still can't see a justification to deny those professing homosexuality the same rights and benefits constitutionally afforded to the "straight" segment of our population.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,145,138 times
Quote:
So at some point in your development you could have gone either way but chose to be attracted to the opposite sex?

Funny I remember always being attracted to the opposite sex. It was never a choice for me.

The fact that you believe you could have chosen to be attracted to the same sex sounds kind of fruity to me. I bet you have a flare for decorating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies