Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 12:34 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times

Advertisements

I defend marriage between two adults who love each other.

If that happens to be a man and woman, great.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:35 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
Again you fail to understand the implications of the social in psychological knowns
Simple question.

In what state, that has legalized gay marriage, has society fallen apart?

The answer, since you probably don't know, is 0, none. All of the states have legalized gay unions are just fine and dandy. Kind of defeats your point of view that it has "implications of the social in psychological knowns".

What "psychological knowns" are you speaking of?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:35 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Teaching or describing to children how to go on a disability or welfare, shows them how not , to contribute a value to society.

Teaching or describing homosexuality to children, shows them how not, to contribute a value to society.

Again, what is the outcome of value in being homosexual to society?
Are you, by chance, a eugenicists?

Do you see value in this?:

Phoenix gay dads adopt, raise 12 happy kids

Old 05-22-2012, 12:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Personally, I have no problem with polygamy. If all the parties involved are in agreement and everybody's needs are met, it's all good. It's just not something I would choose for myself.

The reason for marriage, IMHO, shouldn't be for the sake of procreation, it should be because two consenting adults, regardless of gender, love each other and want to be together. Children are just an added blessing.

Did that clarify my stand any better?
There are religions and cultures which practice polygamy.

Should someone of a culture who comes to the USA be allowed to have more than one wife? Should someone who marries in a nation that recognizes polygamy have their marriage to several women be validated in the USA?

How do insurance companies deal with that? The IRS?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:39 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Should someone of a culture who comes to the USA be allowed to have more than one wife? Should someone who marries in a nation that recognizes polygamy have their marriage to several women be validated in the USA?

That will be a good question to ask Mitt Romney, about what he thought about the reasons his grand father fled from Mexico with his five wives. But, more importantly, which religion's law do you think the USA should adopt, so anything outside of it is deemed illegal?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Did you agree with it?
Considering my knowledge of anthropology there is no way I would agree with it.

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Yes, marriage should only be between two sexes, not the same. It's pretty irritating that more and more people are supporting and endorsing sin.
If straight marriage is so important to defend, why don't I see any threads in this forum about the importance of not cheating on your spouse to protect your marriage?

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Yes, polygamy should be legal also. If we are talking solely about the bible, many of the patriarchs of the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim faiths practiced polygamy, legally.

I find it so humorous when Christians bash homosexuals because its "morally wrong", from the hand book, but then in the next breath mention that polygamy is wrong, when it clearly states in the bible that its not morally wrong to have more than one spouse.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Are you, by chance, a eugenicists?

Do you see value in this?:

Phoenix gay dads adopt, raise 12 happy kids
It's their attempt at normalizing their psychosexual dysfunction.

There's nothing normal about homosexuality.

12 kids have a home with two dads. Where's the mom? Where's the female balance for those children? Why do you think males and females can reproduce, so they can raise children with a normal view of the world coming from opposite sexed parents. I wonder if the girls they adopt will have a masculinized gender identity. Time will tell.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:43 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,571 times
Quote:
Nothing in the known world can resurrect a value or atone, for the active and intended example of extermination, to the human race.

The active homosexual act and intent can do nothing but, express the intended ceasing of humanity.

The whole mechanic's in operation, toward waste , within waste, express a gravitation toward rot, and express a need for a translation of hopeful rot onto all that we know in existence, by desire in focus.

Nothing can outweigh the full abomination. The intensity in the nature of sexuality provides well, the fundamental philosophy of the participant. There is no escape. Its how evolution works.

The anti-life agenda and consequential example cannot be overturned with bribes of any kind, under any circumstance. The "position example" is, for not.
What in the wide wide world of sports is a-goin' on here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies