Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 12:13 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Yes, because BC doesnt fail. Its fool proof. And let me guess, you're going to say 'Well then they should keep their legs closed'.

To pre-empt that stupid argument, there ARE married and committed couples that dont want children. Are you seriously going to argue those couples shouldnt have sex? Yeah, we all KNOW how healthy adult relationships that lack sex turn out...psst, I'll give you a hint...its not good.
If you don't want kids then why not get sterilized? Heck, women can get a key-hole operation done and it's very easy. Much cheaper and less invasive than an abortion. Men as well. An out patient procedure and not that hard to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,034,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I guess you support late term abortion as well if you support abortion. Further along abortions happen as well to you know.
By law you have the first trimester to make your decision. After that, unless its a medical emergency, you're SOL. You had your chance. I agree with the law.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If you don't want kids then why not get sterilized? Heck, women can get a key-hole operation done and it's very easy. Much cheaper and less invasive than an abortion. Men as well. An out patient procedure and not that hard to do.
HOw about you read the entire thread so I dont repeat myself?

I have tried getting sterilized since I was 18. I am 25. They will not do it because I dont have kids! Ridiculous.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's not your choice to make.
It's my body, my being a woman.

So, you're actually pro-choice, only you're setting the parameters for other people and their bodies.
How magnanimous of you.
How about I do some body modification on you without your input?
Would you like that?
You can dictate to me what to do if you wish based on moral parameters.... go for it.....

There are plenty of choices..... not have sex, use contraception, etc.

So, basically, a baby has no choice? You want to take the side of some irresponsible loser over the innocent? How very tolerant of you

Things where there are no choices involved, like rape or health issues, consessions can be made

The fact is, more people seem to be for more responsibility.... so your side is losing it appears.... yay

Old 05-30-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Read my last post.

BC fails. Precautions CAN be taken but those precautions fail.

I would rather jump off a cliff head first into a shallow river than have a child, much less carry one. I am married. We use protection, double to be exact. But if that fails and Plan B doesnt work you can bet your sweet tuckus I would remedy the situation, and quick.I am too young for them to 'fix' me. Ive been trying to convince my doctor since I was 18.

Now what would you suppose I do? Hmm? Tell me your 'enlightened' advice.

NOT screwing my husband is SOOO not an option. I'll keep my marriage healthy, and my sanity thank you.
I bet you can find a doctor somewhere that would do it. Maybe sign papers that you will never sue him if you ever change your mind on wanting a child. The sue happy public has made doctors jumpy.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:17 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are the one who said that the couple in question did not want a baby and thought BC to be unreliable. Then - not abstaining is most certainly demonstrative of a lack of self control because you are opening up the possibility of creating a life by doing so - a result you said this couple did not want.

Oh no worries - we will just let the life be created, kill it, and dispose of it - after all it is just a parasite.

Sigh...
No sex tonight either, huh? Must suck to be you. When you use words like "thought BC to be unreliable" in reference to an IUD pregnancy, there is no "thought" - it is a fact. People like you need to start letting the facts in, if you ever want to appear to have a cogent argument.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So you are pro-death? You sure don't sound pro-life.
Did I EVER claim to be "pro-life"? No. I did not. I support the law resulting from Roe Vs Wade, and since I know you're going to take it further, I also support the death penalty.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Don't tell me what I do or don't believe.... boy
I didn't, all I did was post your own quotes.

Now be a good right wing hack and go troll somewhere else.

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
No sex tonight either, huh? Must suck to be you. When you use words like "thought BC to be unreliable" in reference to an IUD pregnancy, there is no "thought" - it is a fact. People like you need to start letting the facts in, if you ever want to appear to have a cogent argument.
Why would I have sex tonight? I am not married.

Better question is - what does my sex life(or lack of it - by my own choice) have to do with the topic at hand?

Do you always use red herrings when you argue?

Quote:
Yeah, because that works SOOO well for an adult, MARRIED couple. Consequence? Good God man, you make sex sound like it comes with a punishment.

Seriously, how old are you?
It comes with a baby. Most people do not think a baby is a punishment. Obama may but that is not the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies