Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
For conservatives to believe that Rev. Wright still matters is a sign of sheer desperation. If Rev. Wright REALLY mattered then President Obama would have never been elected.
What did McCain allow people to do after Obama kicked Wright under the bus? I saw McCain being afraid that he would be called racist. Since you don't understand that maybe you could explain how Obama got all those white votes from people with White Guilt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 08:06 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
There is nothing wrong with Black Liberation Theology.
What are you getting liberated from? the so called white devils . Right?

Old 05-24-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Romney is not stupid enough to pick a fight about Obama's pastor. That would make his own religious beliefs fair game and he would have to spend a lot of time and money defending Mormon doctrine and the shady and/or illegal actions of past leaders of the Mormon church.

If Romney attacks Obama via Rev. Wright, he knows that he will have to spend time discussing Joseph Smith's pedophilia, polygamy both past and present (FLDS), Moroni, gold tablets buried in New York, magic translating stones, magic underwear, planet Kolob, misogynistic LDS policies, god's curse on all black people, etc.
Horace Chit, how long has Smith been dead? How does what he did with women mean anything? I say that because Clinton doesn't seem to be doing a lot of damage to Obama but he sure still plays with all the women around.

I think you are trying to scare people like maybe Romney the same way Obama tried to back the Supreme Court about Obamacare. If it doesn't work then we will see Wright becoming a lot more relative.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Black Liberation Theology is a form of Christianity that focuses on both what Jesus Christ proclaimed was his mission and what Jesus Christ proclaimed was the responsibility of those who want to be blessed by God.

Luke 4 18-19

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.â€

Matthew 25 44-45

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

But perhaps you don't care about the least of these, the poor, the sick or those who are oppressed or are in prison. You will have to decide that for yourself.
Somewhat I don't see anything about blacks in all of that. It has been put to use by certain people to make blacks appear to be the poor people and so on.

Why is there nothing in all that says anything about Black Liberation? Oh yeah, it comes from Wright so very well and you see his congregation jumping up and down and then patting him on the back and so forth.

I wonder why I never heard that definition of what BLT is. Maybe I just tried too hard with Google and then picked out the wrong things to read.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Jeremiah Wright only matters to scum like Sean Hannity and his ilk, even Hannity is backing
away from this Wright nonsense to save what credibility he has left if any.
Yeah, Hannity backed off a long way last night. I don't listen to him on the radio so I have to take what he says on TV and he wasn't on this evening.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
Just shows what kind of a small world you're living in.
There are, and have been, huge numbers of black Jews.

Just a few of the currently famous are Jackie Wilson, the singer; Maya Rudolph, on Saturday Night Live; Lenny Kravitz; Lani Guinier; Nell Carter; Ruben Amaro, Jr, GM of Phillies; Lisa Bonet, actress on COsby show; Rico Carty, baseball great; Amar'e Stoudamire; a couple of members of Boyz II Men;

These are just the ones that I can think of offhand. There are probably hundreds of thousands in the world.

You really need to get out more. :-)
Do you know who Sammy Davis, Jr. was?

Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama sat there to the poison of Wright and created what Obama is today. Obama is no different that four years ago.
And Mittens has belonged to a church his entire life that up until 1978 wouldn't let blacks hold the priesthood or participate "in the temple Endowment and sealings, ordinances that the church teaches are necessary for the highest degree of salvation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_p...ter-day_Saints

You people are such freakin' hypocrites. Mittens willingly worshiped in a church that discriminated against blacks until he was what? thirty years old or so?

You don't think those discriminatory practices didn't help to "create" who Mittens is today?

Pathetic and hypocritical.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I bet you really think Mormons believe all of this, don't you? So much for the accuracy of the National Enquirer's religion page.
Is that where that came from? Surely it had to be something like that.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:27 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historiandude View Post
and again, the lord god roy looks into men's souls and announces what they fear.

lol

Old 05-24-2012, 08:30 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And Mittens has belonged to a church his entire life that up until 1978 wouldn't let blacks hold the priesthood or participate "in the temple Endowment and sealings, ordinances that the church teaches are necessary for the highest degree of salvation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_p...ter-day_Saints

You people are such freakin' hypocrites. Mittens willingly worshiped in a church that discriminated against blacks until he was what? thirty years old or so?

You don't think those discriminatory practices didn't help to "create" who Mittens is today?

Pathetic and hypocritical.

And Reverend Wright to this day preaches the teaching of black power and that whites are the devil.

Wright and Cones beliefs

Cone defines it as "complete emancipation of black people from white oppression by whatever means black people deem necessary." For Cone, the deeply racist structure of American society leaves blacks with no alternative but radical transformation or social withdrawal. So-called Christianity, as commonly practiced in the United States, is actually the racist Antichrist. "Theologically," Cone affirms, "Malcolm X was not far wrong when he called the white man 'the devil.'" The false Christianity of the white-devil oppressor must be replaced by an authentic Christianity fully identified with the poor and oppressed.[15]
[edit]Works
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies