Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 03:23 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times

Advertisements

So i guess if Obama was responsible for gas prices going up we can now thank him for the gas prices now going down..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 03:30 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Part of the reason oil prices, and consequently gas prices, have been decreasing is because of worse economic news - some abroad, but also some in the US - leading to predictions of less demand.

Thanks Obama for the bad economy! It's worth it as long as gas prices go down!

Old 05-26-2012, 03:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So i guess if Obama was responsible for gas prices going up we can now thank him for the gas prices now going down..
No, not really. However, if prices were going down because of something he did, then yes. For example (and I heard a full report on this on Cavuto, by an industry analyst), if Obama had ordered the resumption of drilling on Federal lands, the Gulf and had approved the Keystone Pipeline, it would have definitely had a downward effect on prices, because of the speculation of increased supply. This always happens. It is market reaction to supply and demand.

However, Obama has not taken any such action. This is a result of the World economy worsening, according to this analyst. These are not good times (in case you haven't noticed).

Obama's former actions, the moratoreum on Gulf drilling, failing to approve the Keystone Pipeline; did serve to raise prices because of reduced supply on the World market.

But I realize that you are just trying to give credit to "your guy". Sorry. He doesn't deserve it.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:44 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The right wing machine sure was quick to bash Obama left and right, falsely blaming him for the high prices, saying it would be 5-6$+ a gallon by summer, they will be so high it will cost him the election etc,...Now these fools are conveniently silent

Old 05-26-2012, 03:44 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Just thought all the righties were so quick in blaming him for gas prices going up so now i;m wondering what the logic would be at declining gas prices.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:50 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
3.65 gallon is going down??

we should have been drilling our own all along,,,,,

if obama reallyyyyy wanted to drive the price of gas down, he calls a press conference, announces to the world we will start our own drilling in 5 different places and be self sufficient within 5 years- not dependent on countries that would rather see us destroyed

if he did that, just a 5 minute speech, gas would go down to 2.00 gallon
and he'd probly be re-elected

Old 05-26-2012, 03:59 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Part of the reason oil prices, and consequently gas prices, have been decreasing is because of worse economic news - some abroad, but also some in the US - leading to predictions of less demand.

Thanks Obama for the bad economy! It's worth it as long as gas prices go down!
I wouldn't say, "It's worth it." A lot of people are out of work, and their future may have been permanently reduced to poverty, thanks to Obama. This is because many who have lost jobs have been relying on retirement savings to survive, and they have little chance of building back those savings.

Obama and Biden try to tell us things are improving, and they point to unemployment figures "coming down." It isn't happening, because unemployment fails to count those who have dropped out of the labor market. A better figure is the Employment figure, as a percentage of the population, and that figure is the worst it has been in 30 years.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:00 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I wouldn't say, "It's worth it." A lot of people are out of work, and their future may have been permanently reduced to poverty, thanks to Obama. This is because many who have lost jobs have been relying on retirement savings to survive, and they have little chance of building back those savings.

Obama and Biden try to tell us things are improving, and they point to unemployment figures "coming down." It isn't happening, because unemployment fails to count those who have dropped out of the labor market. A better figure is the Employment figure, as a percentage of the population, and that figure is the worst it has been in 30 years.
I agree with you. I assumed everyone would know that part of my post was sarcastic.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:04 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,445,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

if obama reallyyyyy wanted to drive the price of gas down, he calls a press conference, announces to the world we will start our own drilling in 5 different places and be self sufficient within 5 years- not dependent on countries that would rather see us destroyed
Who would pay for the refineries that would be needed for that to happen? Especially since the type of Oil we have does not lend itself to be made into gasoline very well.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:05 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
world economy is slowing down,, thats why gas is down..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies