Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDay1 View Post
I think tennis is a "fit" sport, and Americans are too fat to like it or play it. With football, a 300 lbs person can still cheer for his/her team and drink bear and eat wings and sit at the couch or go to the game and be totally okay. There are many reasons/excuses why he/she is not participating in the sport (football, etc), because lack of enough friends/participants, and lack of courts/space. The samething can be said about baseball, hockey, and maybe even basketball. It's okay to watch and not participate.

You CANNOT say the samething about tennis. When was the last time you saw a 300 lbs person watching tennis at a Grand Slam Final? You see plenty of those at Super Bowl.

Simply put, Americans are not fit enough to like tennis.

Tennis is a women's sport. Perhaps that is why American men do not hold the sport in favor. When I was a kid, if you played tennis and you were male, you might as well have worn a dress.

Now GOLF, on the other hand, it a sport in which you can drink, smoke, BS with your buddies, and get exercise at the same time. That is the ideal sport. Besides, you don't have to wear a dress when you play it.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:00 PM

106 posts, read 241,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Tennis is a women's sport. Perhaps that is why American men do not hold the sport in favor. When I was a kid, if you played tennis and you were male, you might as well have worn a dress.

Now GOLF, on the other hand, it a sport in which you can drink, smoke, BS with your buddies, and get exercise at the same time. That is the ideal sport. Besides, you don't have to wear a dress when you play it.
Does any of the golf players, some in their 50s, looks girly like this?

Last edited by BlueDay1; 05-27-2012 at 06:13 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 06:34 PM

106 posts, read 241,481 times
By the way, what other "Sport" other than golf can you have the number one player in the world over the age of 55?

Old 05-27-2012, 07:08 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,781 times
Quote:
All that post makes me question is why your posting half naked pics of Nadal.......

If you think football is more popular than tennis because Americans are fat, your an idiot. But I know that your just trying to be controversial, so

Old 05-27-2012, 07:26 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Er, okay, first I've heard of this.

I'd like to see you arm wrestle Nadal. Who's wearing the dress now?

Old 05-27-2012, 07:28 PM

American football - a sport that makes people idiots (both players, when they concuss themselves to oblivions, and fans who would follow such a dull sport).

Now Australian Rules Football. That is a sport for kings! And no need to wear tights that women wear to the gym, or silly looking goofy helmets!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:29 PM

409 posts, read 254,428 times
Quote:
Looks pretty gay to me.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Looks pretty gay to me.
Why, does he give you a stirring in your loins?

Old 05-27-2012, 07:33 PM

409 posts, read 254,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
American football - a sport that makes people idiots (both players, when they concuss themselves to oblivions, and fans who would follow such a dull sport).

Now Australian Rules Football. That is a sport for kings! And no need to wear tights that women wear to the gym, or silly looking goofy helmets!

In American Football you tackle from a low base, driving your shoulder on a plane running through or just underneath the bottom of the rib cage up out of the shoulder blade - to stop the ball carriers momentum dead and drive him backwards. Try that on a rugby field without padding and see what happens. You'd be thrown off for dangerous play and the guys getting blasted in the ribs wouldn't last long either. The padding is necessary in the NFL, because the fundamentals (and explosiveness) of the game demand it. There is a reason why there are so many injuries and concussions in the NFL, and why player safety has become a massive issue recently despite the padding - and your a fool if you think it's because the players are soft/wimps etc.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
In American Football you tackle from a low base, driving your shoulder on a plane running through or just underneath the bottom of the rib cage up out of the shoulder blade - to stop the ball carriers momentum dead and drive him backwards. Try that on a rugby field without padding and see what happens. You'd be thrown off for dangerous play and the guys getting blasted in the ribs wouldn't last long either. The padding is necessary in the NFL, because the fundamentals (and explosiveness) of the game demand it. There is a reason why there are so many injuries and concussions in the NFL, and why player safety has become a massive issue recently despite the padding - and your a fool if you think it's because the players are soft/wimps etc.
Why can't Ole Miss ever win more games then it loses?

Don't blame Masoli.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies